Quantcast
Alberta 2019 Provincial Election - Page 28 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta 2019 Provincial Election

Press progress is funded by Tides. Garbage organization.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised no one has brought up that Lougheed voted against gay rights.

Honestly surprised that there are even a few beyonders that support the ndp
    Lol because they've doing nothing bad for the province. A lot of ppl support Rachel Notely as a LEADER, she a good leader. It's evident Alberta's lives in a vacuum when there a 60% support for a party that hasn't even been in power only because it has Conservative in their name. Notely is a good leader.

[/QUOTE] Honestly surprised that there are even a few beyonders that support the ndp [/QUOTE] - Exactly my point when I say most UCPs are ideologues. UCPs ideologues think she's with Trudeau but she showed she wasn't. UCPs make shit up.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...berta-startups

Quote from article - “I look for a government that has the same interest that I do, and my interest is Alberta first,” he said. Notely is and showed she is Alberta first

I want everyone to notice I'm not pro-NDP, but pro-Notley (there's a huge difference).

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...sion-1.5083536

It will be interesting to see how this investigation plays out over the final half of the campaign. However I suspect there are so many "The NDP took my job" people out there that we will end up with a Jason Kenney government.

Can any Kenney supporters explain to me what a referendum on equalization payments is going to accomplish besides get the province into a really expensive and long legal battle?
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog View Post
    Lol because they've doing nothing bad for the province.
    PPA mean anything to you?

The NDP literally cost us billions in dollars for an ideology. Pot meet kettle.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 04-03-2019 at 08:01 PM.

There's no such thing as perfection. I can bring out countless things the old PC gov't has done and if UCP in power I am pretty sure they will do something similar too. It's politics. This is about Alberta being an Ideologue state. It's stupid identity politics. I not pro-NDP. Im pro-Notely (huge difference)

It's scary cuz Alberta is an Ideologue state. A party has the name Conservative and blindly vote for them. I was one of them (group think syndrome). I always voted PC but we all know what happened last time. Notely is a great leader - she's solutions-based. I believe she will even cut spending by a lot if it's in the best interest for Alberta. Because she's not an ideologue who just follows party policies. Notley went against her own PARTY Policies cuz it was in Alberta's best interest! She has Alberta's best INTEREST in her vision.
    Last edited by smokedog; 04-03-2019 at 08:16 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by dino_martini View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...sion-1.5083536

It will be interesting to see how this investigation plays out over the final half of the campaign. However I suspect there are so many "The NDP took my job" people out there that we will end up with a Jason Kenney government.

Can any Kenney supporters explain to me what a referendum on equalization payments is going to accomplish besides get the province into a really expensive and long legal battle?
    As there should be and as there will be as the NDP's time in Alberta is nearly over. I think Notley would be a fine premiere in BC or another province that shares NDP ideologies but that simply doesn't work in Alberta. Kenney and the UCP will likely end up as more of a transitionary government as the years go by things will lean more separatist as the growing anti-oil sentiment in this country gets to the point where it simply makes sense for the province holding the world's 3rd largest reserve to separate from Canada.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-03-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    As there should be and as there will be as the NDP's time in Alberta is nearly over. I think Notley would be a fine premiere in BC or another province that shares NDP ideologies but that simply doesn't work in Alberta. Kenney and the UCP will likely end up as more of a transitionary government as the years go by things will lean more separatist as the growing anti-oil sentiment in this country gets to the point where it simply makes sense for the province holding the world's 3rd largest reserve to separate from Canada.
    Lol this is the type of thinking that worries me. Even in this post, this person indirectly knows that Notely is a fine premiere. But his identification with an ideology curbs him in the wrong direction. Stupid ass identity politics at the heart of Alberta Election.

I just want to state this again, Notely doesn't entirely share NDP ideologies. She has Alberta's best interest in heart. Just a big fucking reminder she went AGAINST her own fuckin NDP federal leader and fellow NDP colleague in BC - that's what you call someone with big balls. Kennedy is a yes-man - he's self-interested.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog View Post
    Lol this is the type of thinking that worries me. Even in this post, this person indirectly knows that Notely is a fine premiere. But his identification with an ideology curbs him in the wrong direction. Stupid ass identity politics at the heart of Alberta Election.

I just want to state this again, Notely doesn't entirely share NDP ideologies. She has Alberta's best interest in heart. Just a big fucking reminder she went AGAINST her own fuckin NDP federal leader and fellow NDP colleague in BC - that's what you call someone with big balls. Kennedy is a yes-man - he's self-interested.
    That's total BS and you know it. She can't hide from the photos of her protesting pipelines as recently as 2013. She's spent most of her adult life protesting Alberta's industry. Her narrative changed out of necessity only when she assumed the position of Alberta Premier. Holy smokes do you ever have your head buried in sand lol.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-03-2019 at 08:45 PM.

problem is notley doesnt have Alberta's best interest at heart. That's your personal opinion that's blinded by ignoring the facts out there....

I voted ndp last election(oops). I'd consider voting for them again had they put any focus on the economy, jobs or pipelines within the first 3 years. Within the last 6 months notley seems to have finally put a bit of focus on pipelines but what took her so long??

All the promises of cash during an election mean nothing. They had 4 years to focus where things matter and during that time it wasnt the economy or jobs. It's all I'm voting on which means that's going to the ucp...

I'm just going to leave this here -

https://globalnews.ca/video/4432425/...ing-a-pipeline

https://globalnews.ca/video/4546772/...ntain-pipeline

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    problem is notley doesnt have Alberta's best interest at heart. That's your personal opinion that's blinded by ignoring the facts out there....

I voted ndp last election(oops). I'd consider voting for them again had they put any focus on the economy, jobs or pipelines within the first 3 years. Within the last 6 months notley seems to have finally put a bit of focus on pipelines but what took her so long??

All the promises of cash during an election mean nothing. They had 4 years to focus where things matter and during that time it wasnt the economy or jobs. It's all I'm voting on which means that's going to the ucp...
    This where I disagree. I was in the oil sector, got laid off cuz of oil prices. PC gov't just stood there and told me to wait for market corrections and higher oil prices. Notley at least trying to find solutions to keep oil production going.

shes looking at solutions now in the last 6 months but she created so much uncertainty on royalties, policy changes, carbon taxes, shutting down entire coal industries, raising minimum wage... she did so without a second thought. She only campaigned against every pipeline saying they weren't needed.. didnt speak out against bill c69. She added anti oil activists into every special commission on the oil sands that she created... wow what a champion of Alberta shes been for us!

But hey shes pretending to care now in the last 6 months.. great. Then once re elected she'll go back to whatever social agenda she wants to push on us next.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Her narrative changed out of necessity only when she assumed the position of Alberta Premier. Holy smokes do you ever have your head buried in sand lol.
    Her position changed because she knows Alberta needs oil and pipelines. Thats a good leader and not leader that bases decisions on ideology.

shes looking at solutions now in the last 6 months but she created so much uncertainty on royalties, policy changes, carbon taxes, shutting down entire coal industries, raising minimum wage... she did so without a second thought. She only campaigned against every pipeline saying they weren't needed.. didnt speak out against bill c69. She added anti oil activists into every special commission on the oil sands that she created... wow what a champion of Alberta shes been for us!

But hey shes pretending to care now in the last 6 months.. great. Then once re elected she'll go back to whatever social agenda she wants to push on us next.
    Here - she's against Bill c69 - https://globalnews.ca/news/5008504/a...ate-bill-c-69/ I'm sure she put thought into every decision.

Can't win against ideologue. Cognitive dissonance and tribal thinking that lets to stupid ass identity politics. & by the way, federally I'm conservative. I've always been conservative. But Notely is too good of a leader to not vote in.
    Last edited by smokedog; 04-03-2019 at 09:12 PM.

if your going to defend notley at least understand what she did and didnt do on bill c69. Notley sat silent until bill c69 was pushed through mulitiple readings. By the time she spoke up the bill was already so far along in the process...

Was she asleep at the wheel?? No she was purposely staying quiet as she needed Trudeau in her corner. We now know how that's gone for her now.

She shouldnt have waited so long to speak out against bill c69. Why does she refuse to put up a bigger fight on bill c69??? This is a major bill that will have major negative effects on Alberta and shes been mostly silent on the topic.
    Last edited by gwill; 04-03-2019 at 09:32 PM.

if your going to defend notley at least understand what she did and didnt do on bill c69. Notley sat silent until bill c69 was pushed through mulitiple readings. By the time she spoke up the bill was already so far along in the process...

Was she asleep at the wheel?? No she was purposely staying quiet as she needed Trudeau in her corner. We now know how that's gone for her now.

Why did she wait so long to speak out against bill c69?? Why does she refuse to put up a bigger fight on bill c69??? This is a major bill that will have major negative effects on Alberta and shes been mostly silent on the topic.
    WTF!! This is crazy! Are you an omnipresent being that follows her and reads her inner thoughts? LOL!! You sound like a conspiracy theorist!

I've giving you multiple sources of her pro-pipeline, anti-bill c69, and pro-Alberta. All i'm saying is she is a great leader that definitely deserves a second term. Vote Notely if you want great leadership that will direct Alberta in the best way. She has an holistic perspective and decision-making that a lot of leaders don't have. Like I said, I'm not pro-NDP, I'm pro-Notely.

My Ride
    ute

The NDP are the most ideological of all the political parties in Canada. The Liberals are probably the least (they just do what they need to do to get elected.)

Notley tried the NDP ideology when she first got into office. She abandoned a lot of it pretty quickly because, like most adults, she had to grow up from the naive, sophomoric, unrealistic NDP "policies". We all have that adorable naivete at some point in our lives...but NDP members and their supporters just never outgrow it.

I suspect she abandoned them more out of pure political self-preservation than a recognition that everything she believes in (the NDP ideologies) are stupid, from top to bottom and front to back.

That's the type of leadership we need. Leaders that stray away from bad policies and decisions for Alberta. She been proving she can do that. This is evident, by her going against NDP federally and her BC colleague. She's pro-pipeline, anti-bill C69 and invests in Alberta's growing industries (https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...berta-startups). Kennedy won't do that. He's too ideological. To me, Notely is a thousand times better leader than Jason.

My Ride
    ute

She still believes a lot of stupid shit that disqualifies her.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    She still believes a lot of stupid shit that disqualifies her.
    Danielle Smith (former Wildrose party leader) qualified her as Lougheed style leader. That says fucking a lot from a former Wildrose Leader. Notely is well respected

My Ride
    ute

I can form my own opinions. I'm not interested in anyone's opinion, including Danielle Smith's.

Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast