Quantcast
Calgary Police Speed Trap (Entrapment) - Country Hills Blvd East - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Police Speed Trap (Entrapment) - Country Hills Blvd East

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Cool that makes sense but I guess the question is when does the 50 zone begin?
    Right at an imaginary line drawn across the road at the sign.

When taking distance measurements from the laser to the beginning of the zone, the sign itself is normally used as the measuring marker.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    BOOSTED

fight it.!!! that so bs

My Ride
    NC1

I hate those man. Seriously, it's such bs and total cash grab. I know you have to prove your time on the force and one way to prove is by writing tickets but come on! LOL
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by syritis

the Council of calgary and the CPS wants you to site in 3 hour traffic so they can ticket you when you loose your mind.

there are 2 types of people that go though the Airdrie construction zone. people that don't slow down at all (continue doing 120km/h) and the people that slow down to 60-70km/h well into the const. zone then slowly accelerate back up to 110km/h well after the zone ends (i'm talking several kms down the road).

I have no problem with people that do the speed limit, i'm one of them but if your not on the road with a purpose like getting somewhere. then don't be on the road.

I think memorial trail between shaganappi and crowchild is a funny one. quite often i see people that do 50 in the 60zone, then the sign goes by, then they do 60 in a 50 zone.
    I see people pulled over in the ringroad 80 and the crossiron mills/airdrie 80 zone just about everytime I drive the QE2..

I usually do about 100 if workers aren't present, but yeah people def cruise by doing 120+ and tail the shit out of anyone doing 80

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Originally posted by J-D

I see people pulled over in the ringroad 80 and the crossiron mills/airdrie 80 zone just about everytime I drive the QE2..

I usually do about 100 if workers aren't present, but yeah people def cruise by doing 120+ and tail the shit out of anyone doing 80
    80 means 80, regardless, you just wont get double fined if there arent workers present, still speeding. Im sure you know that, just saying.

My Ride
    93 integra

hahah are you just finding out now that Calgary has the worst and I mean WORST cops in Canada. I've lived in many cities across a few different provinces...They are even better in Quebec than here.

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

80 means 80, regardless, you just wont get double fined if there arent workers present, still speeding. Im sure you know that, just saying.
    Yeah I know, but I'm willing to pay my idiot tax to drive a little faster if I have to, just not 2x idiot tax :p

The only reason it's 80 and not 110 is because the shoulders constantly have fucking construction pylons in them for weeks on end, so annoying

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Good luck OP!

If you truly were in front of the 50km/h maximum sign when he got you on radar I sincerely hope you beat this bullshit ticket.

My Ride

Fuck gotta love the police.

Always keeping us safe huh.

Would love to hear justification from one of our resident "cops", but funny thing, they always seem to stay out of these threads.

And they wonder why the public has a certain perception of them.

What is this meter maid with a gun's name?

Take a look at this photo you posted.. the sign I circled in yellow, was that the 50KM/hr sign? .. the only signs ahead closer to he officer are diamond shaped.. I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall seeing diamond shaped speed signs..

so when the officer pulled you over, were you already past the sign circled in yellow? if so, you should have already been slowing down to 50 prior to the sign and been at 50 once you passed the sign...

you also said that you pulled over right next to the 50km/hr sign.. if the sign I circled in yellow was the 50 km/hr sign, then does that mean the officer actually walked all that way away from his post to give you the ticket?

I don't really see what the issue is here....

Last edited by Chris Ng; 11-18-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Good job getting those shots to expose the way the pirate was conducting the raid.

Well done, good luck in the fight.

Ok, so he wasn't set up as he was currently in the photos, but was pointing the other direction?

Did you take pictures of the 50 ahead sign to prove you were between the two?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So you hadn't crossed the imaginary line at the 50KPH sign when he lasered you? If he was standing right at the sign then there is no was you could have been in violation.

Should have taken pictures of his cruiser number as well just to prove who it was. But I guess you have the ticket with his name.
    Last edited by FraserB; 11-18-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

OP, that definitely looks like BS to me. It's unbelievable that they pull shit like this (and get away with it for the most part). You've given me motivation to keep my camera in my car "just in case". Good luck with the fight.

I still don't understand how this was a "bullshit" ticket.. the 50km/hr sign is clearly ahead of the officer by a fair distance.. the officer was standing in front of the "Construction ahead" sign, not the speed limit sign... The OP should have seen the 50km/hr with enough time to slow down from 80 before passing the sign..

Not to mention the fact that everyone has admitted that this construction zone has been in place for a very long time and so it should not have been such a big surprise that the speed reduces from 80 to 50 at this particular stretch.. seems like the only real complaint here is the fact that the speedlimit was actually being enforced and someone got caught...

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

For all you noobs who don't understand what the "Speed limited Changes ahead signs mean.... This is for you....

This is from http://www.drivingschool.ca/drivered...n/page15b.html
    Speed limit changes ahead.
    It's on the bottom of page 15a...

This doesn't say the speed limit IS 50... It says it changes TO 50 ahead.... These signs are always followed up with the actual speed limit signs which define the maximum allowed speed.

It's not 50 until you get the standard 50km/h sign...

P.S. there is another reference at http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...ion3.1.1.shtml which is a government site... (it's close to the bottom).

The ticket should get thrown!
    Last edited by Zhariak; 11-18-2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

uhhh.. at what point in this thread did "speed limited changes ahead" signs come into question? you are the first to bring this up.. do you know for a fact that the sign I circled in yellow was one of these signs? or was it a standard 50 km/hr speed limit sign? ... take a look at the last pic the OP put up.. he described it as the exact same set up only going the other way... the 50km/hr sign that you see in that pic is a standard speed limit sign.. not one of your "speed limited changes" signs..

Hey Hoyles. I know you posted the third picture saying "this is essentially the setup" but could you label the signs in photo #1 where the officer is?

I'm curious what each of the signs say and how close he actually is to the speed limit sign. There are two rectangle signs that could be speed limit signs. One really close to him (but off to the side) and one further down the road.
    ---

My Ride
    88 Mr-2 N/A / 86 Celica GTS

this seems to be exactly what he wants; people taking it to court to fight it. calgary police are paid time and a half everytime they are in court.
    Originally posted by Ben
    Ah yes, but does your car wake you up with your cock in it's intake as a nice little "Good Morning"? A Car might give you a hard on, but a girl knows just how to deal with it.

Isn't there a law in calgary that says a speed trap cannot be within a certain distance of a sign that has a new speed limit? I distinctly recall this being introduced and explained on the news in Calgary about a decade ago and thinking to myself "huh, thats good to know".

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast