Quantcast
Hit and run downtown - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hit and run downtown

My Ride
    M3/C300

Default Hit and run downtown

So parked at 7st - 6th ave sw, went to moxies to eat, came out and saw this.

I was parked behind a truck, and I even left tons of space for him to back out. And i guess he still managed to back up into my car.

Cracked the cf hood, completely broke my grill in 2 pieces. Bent my hood latch back.

Sick of people not being able to drive.
    Last edited by sxtothe240; 02-21-2010 at 03:11 PM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

maybe the old lady 2EFNFAST helped to back her car out got a bigger whip?

My Ride
    Loud ass Dodge-deal with it

I'm confused... how did he back into you if you were parked in front of him?

Looks and sounds to me like a moderate lift and a trailer hitch... Maybe next time you park BEHIND a truck, jot down the plate # just in case, or better yet don't park behind a truck. (although it's slim pickin's DT most of the time)

I'm a truck guy and it annoys the fuck outta me to see trucks with their hitches on (and mirrors out) w/o a trailer hooked up. My hitch can easily do this kind of damage to a lowered vehicle, that's one of the reasons why it's under the seat until I need to tow something. Shitty deal dude, sorry to hear... those CF hoods aren't cheap are they?

My Ride
    M3/C300

Originally posted by Vince1
    I'm confused... how did he back into you if you were parked in front of him?

Looks and sounds to me like a moderate lift and a trailer hitch... Maybe next time you park BEHIND a truck, jot down the plate # just in case, or better yet don't park behind a truck. (although it's slim pickin's DT most of the time)

I'm a truck guy and it annoys the fuck outta me to see trucks with their hitches on (and mirrors out) w/o a trailer hooked up. My hitch can easily do this kind of damage to a lowered vehicle, that's one of the reasons why it's under the seat until I need to tow something. Shitty deal dude, sorry to hear... those CF hoods aren't cheap are they?

No i parked BEHIND him, and i made sure i gave him enough room too BECAUSE i saw his hitch was out. But in the end he still managed to backup into me. ugh.

CF hoods aren't that cheap, but just sucks that now i have to swallow the costs and pay out of pocket.

Anyone know if there's camera's on that street? (worth a try)

btw happened between 10pm-11:30pm

My Ride

Originally posted by sxtothe240

Anyone know if there's camera's on that street? (worth a try)

btw happened between 10pm-11:30pm
    With the Sandman Hotel, the Mac's across the street, C-Train platform, there has to be one somewhere. I think it's worth a call to the CPS, they would know for sure.

My Ride
    M3/C300

What would i call and say though?

"Hi, i was involved in a hit and run on 7th - 6st sw friday night and I was wondering if you guys had any cameras along that street?"

I've never had to deal with an accident before, let alone a hit and run. Not exactly sure what I should do at this point other than suck it up and pay out of pocket.

My Ride

Originally posted by sxtothe240
    What would i call and say though?

"Hi, i was involved in a hit and run on 7th - 6st sw friday night and I was wondering if you guys had any cameras along that street?"
    That's exactly what you should do, call and explain what happened. If he did it to you, chances are it may not be the first/last time for that vehicle, maybe it happened to somebody else and there was a witness? Who knows? Worst case they have no cameras and can't help, you don't know if you don't ask. Ask the Hotel, guaranteed they have cameras somewhere. Most commercial buildings have surveillance too, you never know who has a camera pointed where... a bit of homework is worth it dude. It's a phone call and a few minutes, a trip back to the scene, knock on a few doors, talk to some people. You worked hard for your ride and some douche did this, I would at least TRY my best to find some sort of a lead. Worth a shot IMO. Do you remember what kind of truck it was? Color?
    Last edited by Vince1; 02-20-2010 at 09:56 AM.

My Ride
    M3/C300

I will call give the non-emergency line in a couple hours and see what happens.

All i remember is a black chevy symbol on the back, didn't look like it was lifted or anything, just stock..big truck. I also remember he had one of those rectangular metal boxes at the back right behind the tailgate

car also had a chrome side strip piece, other than that, cant remember anything out of the "ordinary truck"

My Ride
    03 Alero

I had this happen to me in a fricken parking lot at the very end with no other vehicles around. I filed a police report and my insurance actually covered the cost of the repairs without me having to pay the deductable and my rates DID NOT go up.

Might be worth a try.
    Last edited by sweepergal; 02-22-2010 at 12:32 PM.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

I know you can't go back in time....

If there is ever a questionable spot that I park in, I'll snap a quick pic of the situation/plates if need be... If you have a cell cam this is very easy to do

I probably have over 50 on my phone right now, just in case...

Good luck with the camera hunt.... They probably won't be clear enough for a plate however.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Why would you call the cops? You have an insurance company to deal with this, let them call the cops.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

More then likely he has one way coverage. Why would he call his insurance if they wont do anything anyways?

Just go to your local district office, ask to report the hit. Report it, and then look around for a new bumper/hood.

Sorry to see that happen man. Really sucks.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by scat19

If there is ever a questionable spot that I park in, I'll snap a quick pic of the situation/plates if need be... If you have a cell cam this is very easy to do

Good luck with the camera hunt.... They probably won't be clear enough for a plate however.
    Not a half bad idea actually lol, I think I'll start doing this aswell.

And to the OP good luck finding the D-bag that did this to you.

FTW, I thought I was the only that did this.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

My Ride
    M3/C300

I was thinking about doing that too. but then i was like "i left more than enough room for him, should be fine"

now im kicking myself in the ass.

Oh well, time for new hood + grill. suck it up and take pics of people infront and behind me next time.

My Ride

Shit Scat you a smart guy aren't you LOL, I done this a few times at work, but than I got lazy and decided to take a mental pic LOL.....Yea I'm that good.

Btw sxtothe240 that sucks about your hood, I usually never park beside or behind any truck, since they always tend to move back or they just don't care about other vehicles.
    Last edited by SCHIDER23; 02-22-2010 at 07:51 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan 180sx, Toyota Celica GT4

Seeing shit like this makes me so angry! Someone backed into my s13 back in January and messed up my 1/4 panel and my door, which i have to pay out of pocket now.

People need to learn how to drive, or at least have the courtesy to leave a name and number!

My Ride
    Is fun!

I'm getting too scared to get my baby outta the garage this summer now - jeeeeezuz not worth having a decent ride any more, eh?

Hope you get someone for this OP. It really sucks!

My Ride
    09 WRX

Why don't you guys get properly insured against this kind of thing?
    Especially if you've got a sweet car with a CF hood and lots of work. The cost of a new grill and hood may be more than the premium increase.
    Hell, my car isn't even worth it, but I have it just for peace of mind. (And it's not that much more)

ugh this makes me mad. so mad. this is my biggest pet peeve, other people damaging other people's property.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast