Quantcast
Freedom Mobile (was: Wind Mobile) - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom Mobile (was: Wind Mobile)

^Can you explain why you have to pay $70 for yourself to get the Tab+ deal.

Also, I'm on Wind already. If I wanted to get a new phone, do you know if I could get one on WindTab?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by SportEL
    ^Can you explain why you have to pay $70 for yourself to get the Tab+ deal.

Also, I'm on Wind already. If I wanted to get a new phone, do you know if I could get one on WindTab?
    I'm on HMP right now. To jump to the new HMP will cost me $30 to plan switch (see attached) #4. And in addition I have to pay the $40 monthly plan again (i just paid on like the 9th or something... fml). That's my understanding anyways, unless they let me Tab+ on last year's HMP which is grandfathered. Either way, I think I lose my BIS (going to G2x) and tethering.

As for your second question. If you're on wind already, you need to be on a pay after acct for any tab. So if you're already pay after you can get a tab at any time, or if you want, a tab+ if you have a tab+ eligible plan ($45+).

if you already have a tab, clear that out for a new tab.

Okay, say if you jump to this plan and get WindTab+, does that mean you pay $44 monthly? ($40 phone plan +$4 to pay off tab balance) And after 3 years, and Wind clearing the remaining balance on the tab, you would only have paid $147 for a phone?

Also, how does Wind know that you are tethering? If you happen to be tethering, what happens?

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

You don't pay anything extra. They take $4 of the $40 you paid and apply that toward the WindTab+. And yes, they clear the rest of the balance after 3 years.

As for the tethering; the 'Fair Usage Policy' is if you go over 10GB in a bill cycle, they have the right to slow down your speeds.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

if wind had the galaxy s 2 or the galaxy nexus i would switch right now... it would be nice to use the tab feature for a new phone.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by jwslam
    HMP is back tomorrow:

no tethering this time though... $10 add on.

Bonus is that it's valid with WindTab+.
    Also valid with better together savings

I might have to pay the $70 to get that tab+ deal... i feel like i'm being ripped of because i'm not on tab at all (the asian in me, go figure)
    I just got all that for $29 a month, they cut their unlimited plan price in half, should still be going on.

So far with my HTC Amaze it's working out well. It's basically the same as my old HTC Sensation but has twice the battery life for some reason. I don't think I'm using it differently but both my HTC Hero and HTC Sensation on Telus died in less than one day. My HTC Amaze goes for 2 full days. It's the only phone I've had since my old Blackberry where I could take it with me to Sunshine, snowboard all day, upload Facebook pictures at lunch, ride the rest of the day and still get home on one charge.

Reception is okay, I was getting dead spots on the drive out to Sunshine, data while out there was hit and miss but voice seemed okay. Things mostly slow down to 3G outside the city and when I was in LA over the weekend it was only EVDO because of T-Mobile's network. I've only dropped 2 calls so far, both were in my basement but I've had hour long conversations in the same spot without trouble. Oh and I missed a call last night sitting in the bar in YYC.

Setting up the account was easy, gave them my driver's license and credit card so they could do a credit check, that passed and I got the $550 phone for $250 plus $29 a month for unlimited everything Canada wide. And another $5 for voicemail.

One thing I liked was as soon as I touched down in LA, I got a text message from WIND telling me I was roaming and it listed all the charges for local calls, long distance and data. That was nice.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

so if you are outside a wind tower and end up on a rogers or bell tower or something is that considered roaming? are the roaming charges quite high? thinking about bailing from fido to wind...
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    4x4

In theory yeah roaming, but in my past year+ with them I've only racked up about 20$ in roaming... and most of that's been data while out in airdrie...

Look at the plans - they're very clear on roaming charges... (dunno if they still will - but I negotiated a lower data roaming last year)
    Last edited by AndyL; 12-15-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Originally posted by Mar

I just got all that for $29 a month, they cut their unlimited plan price in half, should still be going on.

But that plan does not include Unlimited calling to the US, and Global text messaging like the Holiday Miracle Plan does. And that plan is only good for one year, and then goes back up to $45

I think it can't get better than my Irresistable Plan, which is the same as the Holiday Miracle Plan, but only $35. I doubt they will offer this plan again.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Confirmed that if you're on the old HMP you can just tab+ straight up.

Got the G2x. And then I bricked it fml.

As for your second question. If you're on wind already, you need to be on a pay after acct for any tab. So if you're already pay after you can get a tab at any time, or if you want, a tab+ if you have a tab+ eligible plan ($45+).

if you already have a tab, clear that out for a new tab.
    There's no mention of the $45+ stipulation on their website:
    I called them up to ask this exact thing and they didn't mention it over the phone either. All she kept repeating was that I can get a phone for max $800 value, as if they have anything worth over $800.

All accounts must be named accounts. So have a name, or we can't help you.
    The WINDtabTM is available to Pay After customers only.
    This offer can't be combined with any other offers, unless otherwise stated.
    Only available with the purchase of a WIND phone or data stick. Offer applies to new activations that take place until further notice unless otherwise cancelled by WIND WINDtab™ available at corporate stores and selected WIND dealers.
    All services subject to WIND's standard Terms of Service.
    Last edited by phreezee; 12-15-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Confirmed that if you're on the old HMP you can just tab+ straight up.

Got the G2x. And then I bricked it fml.

That really sucks. What phone is the G2x? I'm not seeing that phone on Wind's website.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by SportEL
    That really sucks. What phone is the G2x? I'm not seeing that phone on Wind's website.
    After five hours with a dual core brick, I fixed it.

G2x is the Optimus's T-mo name.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Just got a text from WIND that my billing period has ended and I owe them $180 for the last 2 weeks that I've been a customer.

I've got a little tip.......don't turn on data roaming on your WIND phone when you go to L.A. I'm going to assume each photo I uploaded to Facebook was about $10.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    AWOL

Does Wind have a roaming data addon? Some jack-job like 5MB for $20 you can throw on?

My Ride
    12 civic si

Originally posted by Grogador
    Does Wind have a roaming data addon? Some jack-job like 5MB for $20 you can throw on?
    nope, closest thing to a roaming add-on is a $10 one. reduces the roaming rates

So after phoning customer service and them telling me I can pay off and start a new Windtab, I got to the kiosk and the guy says the only way you can do that is to cancel and start a new line!!! You can't port the number either as you have to sign up with a competitor and then come back they said. Basically had no interest in helping me.

SO I call back and they transfer me to retentions and they say they can do it by migrating me to this years HMP and then I can go pick up the new phone at the store. Since I'm on the old HMP, I ask what's the difference?

Tethering! You lose tethering on the current HMP for the same $40. I told her no way, and I'm just going to buy a phone outright.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I was at a wind store this afternoon the manager showed me the memo on the store laptop it specifically stated in the memo that tethering is included for Holiday Miracle Plan 2011. The memo was sent today. So for those that are not sure I saw the memo and
    " Tethering Is Included " Happy Holidays Wind fans : ).
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...acle-Plan-2011

^ thanks! But now I don't know who to believe. I have a fear that I'll migrate plans and pay off my tab and still get a blank stare when I go to the kiosk to pick up a phone.

Hate it when customer support gives you no confidence when dealing with a company.

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Seems like WIND is slowly turning into one of the Big 3. Charging to change plans. Taking some of the good stuff (Tethering) off plans.

Granted I'm happy WIND has come, it has caused some good change in the industry.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast