Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 56 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1418

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Season 5 was by FAR been the most heavily criticized season, but 6 was catching up until Ep4,
    Season 5 was a bit slow, but it had Hardhome.
    Not sure I understand what you mean by 6, but we are currently on Season 7. The last two episode of season 6 was great television!

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

GoT has always done its own thing, dunno why everyone expects it to follow any set path.

Bran can either be a major player, or turn out to be a bit player. They've significantly shortened his screen time as of late, hard to be mad about it. His storyline was pretty integral to kicking off a lot of the show, so regardless they need to give him some love.

I don't know if Danny is onboard with helping John, especially if he doesn't bend the knee. I still assume she goes batshit crazy eventually, especially after such a "love eulogy" like her protege gave her this episode. A proper GoT epsiode would use that as a springboard to completely destroy that image of her.

John either kills her, she kills him, or they marry.

If GRRM is no longer writing the show/in control of the plot, they could easily let everyone fail, everyone die, and then reboot the series in 5 years for a comeback.

Sky is the limit really.

Edit-
    Oh yea, and fuck their social commentary bullshit about "anyone can marry anyone or be anything" crap. Clearly Hollywood is getting ahold of the script in that regard.

Overall pacing is fine. They can only show so many battles cause that shit is EXPENSIVE.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    They can only show so many battles cause that shit is EXPENSIVE.
    The show is classified as a drama. It isn't an action show.

I must of missed something. What is Danny's fetish with getting John to bend the knee? She hasn't done that with anyone else. No one in her inner circle has been shown to "bend the knee" that I can remember.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    The show is classified as a drama. It isn't an action show.

I must of missed something. What is Danny's fetish with getting John to bend the knee? She hasn't done that with anyone else. No one in her inner circle has been shown to "bend the knee" that I can remember.
    No one in her inner circle was a "King" (or Queen). She may have had her allies on Westeros do it, but they never mentioned that.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    What is Danny's fetish with getting John to bend the knee? She hasn't done that with anyone else. No one in her inner circle has been shown to "bend the knee" that I can remember.
    She heard what he did to a wildling the last time he bent a knee like that, so she just wanted some action from being dry for so long.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

[QUOTE=benyl;4674446]The show is classified as a drama. It isn't an action show.
    /QUOTE]

lolwut. The show is (up until this season) whatever GRRM wanted it to be. They certainly have only so much budget to do battle scenes as people love that shit.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    She heard what he did to a wildling the last time he bent a knee like that, so she just wanted some action from being dry for so long.
    Name:  fark_tIvLDCPPC7RwcOLH0V9H3Hz5xkA.png
Views: 399
Size:  406.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    what was the reason again why this and next season are shorter?
    is it because the writers don't have any contents to grab from other than the overall story?
    I just assumed they were given a budget for a season, and went with less (sorry, fewer) episodes because they needed more dragon CGI.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Was chatting with a coworker about this over lunch.

Looks like Daenerys can end up being Jon Snow's aunt, seeing as how Lyanna and Rhaegar likely had a thing. I'm sure we'll find out soon (aka next year, not this season) what Lyanna said to Ned.

If Jon Snow is technically a Targaryen, he's got more claim to the throne than Dany. Lulz will ensue.

My Ride
    NC1

Thoughts on tonight's episode? Setting things up for the final two episodes

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Pretty damn crazy!

I guess it kinda confirms Jon Snow is a full Targaryen (as in legally and not a Targaryen bastard) and rightful to the throne. That will change how everyone sees him, I dont expect it go smooth anywhere.
    Pretty good foreshadowing on the scene with Jon and the dragon. Even Dany looked surprised.

Going beyond the wall like that was full retard IMO but will make for a great next episode !

Cersei is nuts.

Edit: Arya and Littlefinger... that's going to be interesting!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Couldn't access HBO in Italy with my account, had to watch bits and pieces on YouTube.

The dirty dozen (however many there are) will get fucked. Poor Jamie, he is fucked for life isn't he. Starting to feel really sorry for the guy. Did Sam realize what Gilly was saying about the annulment?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

That horde of zombies is going to hit a wall of whoop ass. But the expedition only has long claw and im guessing the flaming sword to really kill them. I fear it will end with some losses.

I dont think Sam realized yet what was being said.. But im sure it will rattle around in his head for a while and come out later.
    Last edited by colsankey; 08-14-2017 at 08:31 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So how long does it take a dragon to fly up passed the wall? A day, round trip?

My Ride
    ute

Dragons: no problem!

Blue Eyed Zombies: woah there, we don't believe in weird shit.

Kind of a boring episode for me, but it laid good groundwork. The Dream Team headed North of the wall should make for a very entertaining next episode though.

Foreshadowing seems to suggest Sam will find the key to defeating the white walkers beyond what is already known.

Also we seem to have confirmation that Jon is a Targaryen - Dany had a "WTF" look on her face while he was petting the dragon haha. Dany seems to be warming up to Jon quite a bit, and seems to have dropped the "bend the knee" bit.

So were we meant to believe that Littlefinger planted the scroll and knew that Arya would come for it? He had a look on his face that everything was going according to plan. The scroll was signed "Sansa" but I thought it was supposed to be sent by Littlefinger? I feel like Littlefinger's days in Winterfell are numbered. Arya can also just morph into someone else and get information from him - not sure why that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    So were we meant to believe that Littlefinger planted the scroll and knew that Arya would come for it? He had a look on his face that everything was going according to plan. The scroll was signed "Sansa" but I thought it was supposed to be sent by Littlefinger? I feel like Littlefinger's days in Winterfell are numbered. Arya can also just morph into someone else and get information from him - not sure why that didn't happen.
    Wasn't it the scroll that Sansa signed under duress after her father was killed, stating that the Lannisters were treating her well and urging Rob to come to Kings Landing?

Interesting to see that Jon now has more claim to the throne than Dany. I also thought it was funny to see Gendry and Jon team up, knowing now that Gendry's father killed Jon's father at the Battle of the Trident.

Did any else feel Jorah and Dany were getting a little too touchy/feely? Is this like father-daughter relationship or what?
    Last edited by holden; 08-14-2017 at 09:44 AM.

My Ride
    rally pig

It seemed like Littlefinger was sensing Arya was spying on him and intentionally made her find the scroll, theory is to try and separate the two sisters.
    And yes the scroll was the one Cersei made Sansa write to her brother under duress.. Season 2 IIRC?
    Looking forward to see where this will lead to as even Sansa seems to start enjoying having power.

Jorah was probably Daenerys longest friend and ally and he did profess his love to her. Although yeah they have been pretty touchy on this episode.

Next 2 episodes will be great and unfortunately it will also mean we will need to wait until 2018 for the next season.

The annulment is another interesting story, does anyone alive know that Rhaegar and Lyanna had a baby?

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast