Quantcast
What trap speeds would these cars average at Calgary's elevation? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What trap speeds would these cars average at Calgary's elevation?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Stock 2010 135i I trapped 105MPH and 13.5 seconds at Race City.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by shadezofgrey

haha yeah, I kinda remember reading that article years ago.. it still amazes me that it posted a higher lap time than a lot of nice, way the hell more expensive cars (e.g., evo, is f). do you dd yours? how are you finding it in terms of general reliability, maintenance, etc in terms of dd driving + at the track?

also, how's the thing feel driving around the track? much in the way of torque steer? how usable is the power on the track? haha, as you can tell those cars do interest me.. I kinda see it as being the closest car we get to the euro focus rs
    I was literally about to buy an 05 STi until I read that C&D article about the Cobalt SS/TC and that got me thinking, I can have a car that's just as fast if not faster around a track and have full warranty for the same price....sold.

Yah I DD mine all year round and it's actually quite good, it's on the stiffer and louder side but that's to be expected with a sporty car. I've only tracked the car once or twice and it was impressive but where it really shines is autocross the car is massively capable, it's very agile and with the LSD and the relatively small turbo that spools up quick it's perfect. There is some torque steer but it's really not bad, much much better than cars like the mazdaspeed 3.

I will be selling the car in a couple months if your interested

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    A stock 2005-2010 GT definitely gets in the 100mph's. The first time on the track with mine was stock, and I hit over 100 on my 2nd run... I remember thinking "Huh, that was easy. Why do give stickers out for 100+ club?"
    hahahaha, well done.

Originally posted by 94boosted

I was literally about to buy an 05 STi until I read that C&D article about the Cobalt SS/TC and that got me thinking, I can have a car that's just as fast if not faster around a track and have full warranty for the same price....sold.

Yah I DD mine all year round and it's actually quite good, it's on the stiffer and louder side but that's to be expected with a sporty car. I've only tracked the car once or twice and it was impressive but where it really shines is autocross the car is massively capable, it's very agile and with the LSD and the relatively small turbo that spools up quick it's perfect. There is some torque steer but it's really not bad, much much better than cars like the mazdaspeed 3.

I will be selling the car in a couple months if your interested

lol, thanks for the offer, but I doubt I'll be switching up money pits anytime soon. ..if anything I hope to grab a 2nd car much, much, much later down the road whose only purposes will be to produce soul crushing power and be a hella fun weekend toy (i.e., prolly semi reliable at best).

gl with the sale though, imo they're an awesome car!
    Last edited by shadezofgrey; 01-29-2012 at 12:27 PM.

My Ride
    02 TL1000R, 14 F150 FX4, 11 XKR 175

Bone stock 2008 Sti and I would trap in the 97 to 99 range, usually closer to 97 if I remember correctly (can't find the slips). Best time was 14.0.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2