Quantcast
Nexus 5 - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1453

Thread: Nexus 5

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    Any word on when the price of a new Nexus 5 should drop?

i want to upgrade from my 4
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...c=rss&attr=all

Sounds like supply will be limited even if the replacement is a year away. So don't expect discounts as Google doesn't need one to move it.

With Nexus 6 and 9, the old mantra of Nexus is gone. So don't expect Google to continue to give out deals.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 01:07 AM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by kaput

This is now happening with every incoming call and I am unable to answer any of them. The phone is no longer usable as a phone. WTF Google.
    Have you done a factory reset? Sounds like you need too.

My Ride
    You Crazy

I just had a strange bug happen with N5 on Lollipop. I had an incoming call that wasn't able to get past the lock screen. It kept rapidly flickering between the incoming call screen (where you slide to answer) and the lock screen with notifications on it. I wasn't able to do anything until the caller hung up and it returned to the normal lock screen. It was like my phone had a seizure. Has anyone experienced this before?
    I get this as well, but not often.

Desperately waiting to get rid of this thing, I need a dual sim phone anyway, and the Sony Z3 Dual is around the corner.

More than anything, I hate the battery life.
    Last edited by Toma; 12-16-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 01:07 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Is there a way to do that without having to reinstall every app, setting, file, etc. manually? I won't be able to get it back to the way I like it.
    LOL, and this is exactly why Apple computers remain despite decades of Windows lol.

My issue is some of the apps I love, the new versions are "upgrades", and would sometimes add adware etc.

I have no idea if it's all just automatically backed up, if you can back up all of your messages, pics, apps etc

But I definitely need to try something as this junk is closer and closer every day to getting a heel through it.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Is there a way to do that without having to reinstall every app, setting, file, etc. manually? I won't be able to get it back to the way I like it.

Originally posted by Toma

LOL, and this is exactly why Apple computers remain despite decades of Windows lol.

My issue is some of the apps I love, the new versions are "upgrades", and would sometimes add adware etc.

I have no idea if it's all just automatically backed up, if you can back up all of your messages, pics, apps etc

But I definitely need to try something as this junk is closer and closer every day to getting a heel through it.
    Airdroid to copy stuff off the phone. Titanium Backup to make backups of applications and restore them.

I use Apex launcher so I can save my settings that way.

Regarding app updates.. there are a few sites out there that allow downloading the apk of older apps. take GoSMS for example I dislike the new update to it so I went and grabbed the old version and installed it.

^^ What he said. Also, Lolipop pretty much does this for you now anyway. It will re install all your themes, apps, and even settings. Further, if you have two phones, you can just use NFC to mirror one to the other. There is no need to re-install every app manually, as long as you have a google account.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Anyone else upgrade to 5.0.1??

They got rid of silent mode

Why would they do this??

My Ride
    Grimace

I have been using it for a long time now. Silent mode is gone but priority mode can do everything that it did I believe

http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-t...t-Mode_id62964

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by cherpintow
    Anyone else upgrade to 5.0.1??

They got rid of silent mode

Why would they do this??
    Set your priority to "None" and its the exact same as silent mode.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Originally posted by schocker
    I have been using it for a long time now. Silent mode is gone but priority mode can do everything that it did I believe

http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-t...t-Mode_id62964

Originally posted by cjblair

Set your priority to "None" and its the exact same as silent mode.
    Ah gotcha! Thanks. Could not seem to figure it out.

My Ride
    an econo box

I just noticed my Nexus 5 is bent somehow. A very slight twist in the whole body of the phone. Not sure if being in my front pocket could do that??

My Ride
    2005 F350

the power button on my wife's Nexus 5 has now stopped working. hopefully google can help us out cause it's just over a year old.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Grimace

Looks like android 5.1 is around the corner as it is shipping on the android one phones. I need it as my N5 is a POS right now with all of the bugs. Horrible battery, constant restarting of apps, so laggy.

Originally posted by schocker
    Looks like android 5.1 is around the corner as it is shipping on the android one phones. I need it as my N5 is a POS right now with all of the bugs. Horrible battery, constant restarting of apps, so laggy.
    I waited, and waited, and waited for a fix for the N5 and have since given up. I have had every nexus device since the G1. After google abandoned the spirit of the nexus program (IMO) with the 6 and the 5 left full of bugs and broken, i have switched to the Sony Z3.

Minimally skinned, full of great extras, and battery that goes for days. Im dont with the Nexus for quite a while. I also don't think 5.1 is going to fix stock lolipop.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by spike98
    I waited, and waited, and waited for a fix for the N5 and have since given up. I have had every nexus device since the G1. After google abandoned the spirit of the nexus program (IMO) with the 6 and the 5 left full of bugs and broken, i have switched to the Sony Z3.

Minimally skinned, full of great extras, and battery that goes for days. Im dont with the Nexus for quite a while. I also don't think 5.1 is going to fix stock lolipop.
    The N4/5 were the only cheap ones though, weren't the Nexus, One, all expensive like the 6 trying to have high end specs for developers?

I am pretty fed up but I do like stock android the most. I almost got the Z3C at christmas time when it was on sale but held fof. I am going to wait until the phones in the spring until I decide on something new. Perhaps the zenphone 2.

My Ride
    Sentra

dropped my phone last night on my garage floor while getting out of my car. Cracked it half decently.

Who in town will replace the screen for me, and how much does it cost? I can buy the screen online for ~$100 shipped, but if it's not much more to get it done here by someone with experience, I'd rather just do that.

My Ride
    is broken

My brother works at iPhix Calgary.
    I think the N5 is $179 for a front assembly all in. Its not an easy fix.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Originally posted by GoChris
    dropped my phone last night on my garage floor while getting out of my car. Cracked it half decently.
    Did the same 3 days old haha. Lucky and only a small portion of the corner cracked. Very expensive fix, mine is liveable but frustrating that it costs me a Nexus 4 to fix haha.

Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 ... LastLast