Quantcast
OFFICIAL: 2013-2014 NBA Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: 2013-2014 NBA Thread

My Ride
    Has wheels

I agree with you about Rudy, volume shooter and not effective.. Not to mention a player option for 19M next hear. That's what Durrant will be making, LeBron is being paid 20M if I'm not mistaken. Gay isn't anywhere near those guys in regards to talent.

Lots of talk about a Gasol - Bynum trade but apparently the Lakers won't do it straight up. They want a pick/young asset(Dion Waiters). I believe if the Cavs don't trade him today, they'll either have to waive him today or guarantee the rest of his contract and I doubt they're going to do that. Bynum only wants to play for another contender, so I would imagine someone would pick him off waivers for the vet minimum.

I'm also curious what's going to happen with the Kicks. Realistically, they should blow up the roster. Trade Melo/Chandler and get maximum value for them. Melo has already said he's going to opt out and test FA this summer, with the chance of losing him altogether, I think they should put themselves in a better position than that.

Apparently Luol Deng won't make the trade deadline in the Windy City either.

Should get interesting closer to the trade deadline(Feb 20th).

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

Would be nice to have Carmelo and Chandler in a Lakers uniform and Gasol somewhere else.

Lakers would be stacked next year

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
    I hope the Raptors will make the playoffs this season and somehow end up with Wiggins through a trade of some sort.
    They likely will given how bad the Atlantic East is, but they won't be able to get Wiggins at the same time. No one is givin up a lottery pick unless they're getting an established franchise player in return, which no one is willing to give up.

It's a weird spot Ujiri is in because there are a lot of teams tanking this year, so there's even less of a guarantee than in previous years that tanking will result in a good lottery pick. It looked like the Raptors were heading that way with the Gay trade, and then shopping Lowry around.

The question for Ujiri is going to be what happens when next season comes around? Are they good enough to be a legitimate contender? Or, are they an average team in a below-average league in a terrible division?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Has wheels

Well Bynum is done with the Cavs. Bynum plus 1st round pick(via Kings) & 2 2nd round picks to Chicago for Luol Deng.

I like this trade for the Cavs besides giving up the 1st round pick. Deng will be a very welcomed addition, curious if they'll be able to extend his contract before the year is out or if he'll go test the FA market.

As far as Toronto goes, I don't think Ujiri will blow the roster up more than he has. He's a talented GM, he was getting rid of terrible contracts and got back value for them. I don't think the Raptors are good enough to contend but they're obviously working well as a team now. I want to see what they can do with this roster for the rest of the year.

JV is promising
    I've always liked Amir
    DD is playing well and always improving
    Ross has only been improving since Gay has been traded.
    Lowery has been a monster.

Bench has been performing well also.

Lowery is a question mark right now though, they either have to sign him by the trade deadline or trade him so they don't lose him for nothing.

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

I dont think its a "good" trade for the Cavs but its probably the best one they could have got for Bynum. I doubt Deng will want to stay with the Cavs (going from a contender to a rebuilding team might be too tough for him to do), I think he tests free agency to get more money. Keep in mind Deng also rejected a 30 million 3 year deal from the Bulls before being traded.

I think the deal benefits the Bulls more as they get those draft picks for someone who most likely would have walked. The Bulls need another superstar type of player to be along side Rose for next year to compete.

It's a 'meh' trade for fans. Bulls and Cavs are 2 teams going absolutely nowhere. Bulls are trying to tank and Cavs are terrible with or without Deng.

I was hoping LA dumps Gasol and go into full tanking mode and end up with a top 5 draft pick similar to how Spurs were terrible for a year and drafted Duncan.

^

3 for 30 is also pretty low for how good Deng is. I'm a Bulls fan and was sad to see him go. Really liked him as a player and off court person. Very talented, unfortunately with Rose being hurt and no FA moves the last two years to compete with the like of Heat/Pacers/Thunder, plus add in the play of Gibson/Butler it made sense for the bulls to get value and hope that next year Rose comes back healthy and can draft well + snag a good FA.

I am curious to see how Deng fits into the Cavs system, he will obviously be a huge increase on defense. As for offense, can only hope his leadership rubs off on some of the younger players.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Manhattan
    It's a 'meh' trade for fans. Bulls and Cavs are 2 teams going absolutely nowhere. Bulls are trying to tank and Cavs are terrible with or without Deng.
    Don't think they're necessarily trying to tank, they're just not good. They're a defensive-minded team that lost all its offensive ability when Rose went out. I'd believe they're tanking if they unload any more core players, but ultimately I think they're just trying to hold the team together as long as possible for Rose's return. They've lost 2 years of Rose's prime years that they're trying keep that rapidly closing window open given the success they had in the past with that lineup

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Pretty nice 3-way trade between the Heat, Warriors, and Celtics today.

Heat get to dump Anthony's contract and save a buttload of luxury tax money.
    Warriors get an upgrade on the bench
    Celtics get some potentially strong draft picks, including a heavily protected first round pick

My Ride
    Has wheels

Watching sooooo much basketball on days off.

KD has been an absolute MONSTER lately. Melo scoring 62 to set the new record in the garden.

T Ross tying VC's record for the Raps, can't believe he missed that last FT but he was lights out all night anyways. That game was phenomenal to watch, no D but so entertaining.

Heat are blowing out the Spurs right now. Love seeing Oden play, I hope he can continue to add playing minutes and stay healthy.

NBA Sunday.

In regards to reports of Paul George getting a stripper pregnant - from Reddit

1.PG, my man, how you get a stripper pregnant - Come on son, that's some day one shit. Strippers are walking thirst traps for an NBA player like you; especially them south florida joints (AND you got a joint from Tootsie's: you couldn't spring for a KOD girl? Smh you ain't ballin PG nigga you broke). A lot of strippers prostitute on the side, that's nothing new. But just because she's a professional doesn't mean that you can now put your guard down. She was a prostitute allllll the way up until the point where you decided you wanted to go raw, and right in that moment she switched professions from stripper to professional baby mama. Now she on instagram straight stuntin on you my dude. Postin baby bumps, baby shower pictures, just fuckin with you at this point. I feel for you my nigga, I really do. But you fucked up, hard, and now you gotta pay the consequences.

2.If you get the side chick pregnant, no amount of money up front is going to make her abort it - Apparently PG offered shorty a millie up front to drop that thun dun dun and get an abortion. That's an act of desperation; you know you're fucked. She's not stupid, she can do math, a million today ain't nothin like 25% of your income for the next two decades. She know you just signed that $90 million extension, believe that. If you was a D-Leaguer maybe you'd have more leverage. Unless you bout to throw this bitch down a flight of stairs (which I would highly suggest against), that baby is coming. AND its gonna be ugly. Good looks skip a generation oooo you mad

3.Not only did you cheat on your girl, your girl was DOC RIVERS' DAUGHTER - Now this is where the story crosses into “bruh” territory. First of all, Doc Rivers' daughter bad as shit. She a keeper son; she come from good people, she getting her education, she don't be out here in these streets, she a good girl. That's probably why you went and got some skripper. Young boy, the fuck wrong with you. When you got a good girl you don't do shit like that. Good girls don't come by NBA players often; 9 outta 10 you getting some money hungry thots on your D all the time and the one halfway decent keeper you fuck around and get some other bitch pregnant. And I HIGHLY doubt she gonna stick around, cause she bad as shit and some other nigga like Lance Stephenson gonna come and be that shoulder to cry on and evolve into the rebound, so you mad AGAIN. And now you done really fucked up cause Doc Rivers gonna beat your ass too. That next Pacers/Clippers game gonna be hilarious. Doc gonna let his whole bench foul out just whoopin yo ass son, you done fucked up. Everybody gonna whoop yo ass, Blake Griffin gonna whoop yo ass, Deandre gonna whoop yo ass, hell even JJ Reddick might get in a cheap shot or two.

You shaqtin-a-fool for this one PG. I know you young and you probably didn't know it was like this out here in these streets, but now you've learned the hard way. You woulda thought you would of learned from D-Wade, and from Dwight, and from alllllllllll these dudes get caught up. But no. The power of the pussy was too strong, and now you gonna have to pay for that shit. Ain't no pussy worth that much money kids, I don't care if its diamond encrusted and does Paul Wall's verse in “Still Tippin” in queefs. Not worth it kid, you dun goofed.

Keep it in ya pants.

My Ride
    '11 Titan/01 RC51

"you shaqtin'-a-fool for this one PG"

i love shaqtin-a-fool.. though it's not the same with out JaVale MCGEE!!!

My Ride
    Has wheels

Dunk contest line up:

Terrence Ross
    Paul George
    John Wall
    Damian Lillard
    Harrison Barnes
    Ben McLemore

Would of liked to see some different guys in but not a bad field overall.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Nice. John wall is a crazy dunker.

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

Can't wait for next year when its in Toronto, going for sure!

My Ride
    06 F-150

How about those Raps? Looking pretty legit. Obviously would get grinded out in a 7 game series with Miami or Indiana, but I can see them winning a round or two.

Originally posted by chathamf
    How about those Raps? Looking pretty legit. Obviously would get grinded out in a 7 game series with Miami or Indiana, but I can see them winning a round or two.
    Looking pretty solid since the Rudy trade. Lowry should have been part of the all star roster.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Lol Toronto/Clippers game is hilarious.

I can smell a fight!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Holy fuck, from 20 to 9 pt spread!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast