Quantcast
Uber in Calgary Thread - Page 61 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1376

Thread: Uber in Calgary Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

the Hooters waitresses genuinely like me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    the Hooters waitresses genuinely like me.
    They find me sexy, I've even had them tell me that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

Yeah but so do I so...
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    You'd be surprised. I've picked up pax that are rated at 3.5 stars. That's brutally bad. I even snapped a screenshot of it. The ride went well tho.

I also took Uber as a pax in LA. Ordered an UberBLACK. Drivers pulls up and first thing he says is, 'You have a 5 star rider rating!? I have NEVER saw that before!'

I wonder if the ratings are viewed differently in the US? Should really just be a way of highlighting shitty passengers -disruptive, drunk, aren’t standing on the curb ready to go when the Uber shows up.. No problems? 5 star.

But yea no one I know but my GF (after our US trip) has anything but a 5 star rating, I bug her about it all the time haha. Must be a lot of crappy passengers or vindictive drivers out there.

I do find it weird that the app tells you the driver will wait for 3 minutes or whatever, are there really that many assholes making their drivers wait?
    Last edited by J-hop; 12-23-2018 at 11:11 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I pretty much exclusively take Uber’s when I am drunk.

Know your customer.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

I pretty much exclusively take Uber’s when I am drunk.

Know your customer.
    Yea I guess by drunk I meant drunk and disorderly. I usually only take Uber’s after drinking but I’m also not a stupid drunk.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Totally

fact.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    I wonder if the ratings are viewed differently in the US? Should really just be a way of highlighting shitty passengers -disruptive, drunk, aren’t standing on the curb ready to go when the Uber shows up.. No problems? 5 star.

But yea no one I know but my GF (after our US trip) has anything but a 5 star rating, I bug her about it all the time haha. Must be a lot of crappy passengers or vindictive drivers out there.

I do find it weird that the app tells you the driver will wait for 3 minutes or whatever, are there really that many assholes making their drivers wait?
    In Chicago or maybe it's Detroit, Uber won't even let the drivers see the pax rating before they accept the request. I guess things are so bad there, drivers were screening the requestors rating so much it affected service badly.

I'm not gonna lie tho, the ratings system is just kind of dumb. The drivers are at the mercy of the pax more so than vice versa. This whole Uber Pro thing for drivers that is testing in various markets will really take being at the mercy of pax to the next level.

I have also had a few 5 star riders that were obnoxious or just being stupid, and I've had 3 or 4 star riders that were very pleasant. Because of this, I really don't look into the ratings that much. However, I have almost completed 1000 trips and I have yet to give anyone less than 5 stars. It takes something pretty drastic for me to rate a rider low. And I only rate 5 stars or 1 star, nothing in between.

The app tells you that the driver will wait 2 mins before you get charged a wait time fee. The driver will get prompted by the app to cancel the trip and move on at the 5 min mark. The rider will be charged the cancel fee, usually $5. Are there people making their drivers wait? Absolutely... I'd say about 75% of riders make me wait PAST the 5 min mark. I'm pretty reasonable with it tho. I'll call or text them and let them know exactly where I'm waiting for them when the timer hits the 2 min mark. Tell them I have my hazards on so they can easily find me. It is extremely rare that the riders are waiting curb side when I pull up. Very rare.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Just used Uber here in London a few times. The price has gone up a tad.
    I have a five star rating and I have not tipped.

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    In Chicago or maybe it's Detroit, Uber won't even let the drivers see the pax rating before they accept the request. I guess things are so bad there, drivers were screening the requestors rating so much it affected service badly.

I'm not gonna lie tho, the ratings system is just kind of dumb. The drivers are at the mercy of the pax more so than vice versa. This whole Uber Pro thing for drivers that is testing in various markets will really take being at the mercy of pax to the next level.

I have also had a few 5 star riders that were obnoxious or just being stupid, and I've had 3 or 4 star riders that were very pleasant. Because of this, I really don't look into the ratings that much. However, I have almost completed 1000 trips and I have yet to give anyone less than 5 stars. It takes something pretty drastic for me to rate a rider low. And I only rate 5 stars or 1 star, nothing in between.

The app tells you that the driver will wait 2 mins before you get charged a wait time fee. The driver will get prompted by the app to cancel the trip and move on at the 5 min mark. The rider will be charged the cancel fee, usually $5. Are there people making their drivers wait? Absolutely... I'd say about 75% of riders make me wait PAST the 5 min mark. I'm pretty reasonable with it tho. I'll call or text them and let them know exactly where I'm waiting for them when the timer hits the 2 min mark. Tell them I have my hazards on so they can easily find me. It is extremely rare that the riders are waiting curb side when I pull up. Very rare.
    Interesting, I had no idea so many people were just straight up assholes. I’ve only made a driver wait once that I can remember, and that was 30 seconds while I ran across the street because stupid me got flipped on the map and dropped the pin on the wrong side.

That’s sad, people acting like they’ve got a personal driver or something.....they’re screwing with someone’s lively hood even with the wait fees

Maybe you can clear this up. People keep saying they don’t tip and they’re still 5 stars, I don’t know why they are saying this because I’m 99.999999% sure the driver can’t see your tip before they rate you??
    Last edited by J-hop; 12-27-2018 at 07:59 AM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Interesting, I had no idea so many people were just straight up assholes. I’ve only made a driver wait once that I can remember, and that was 30 seconds while I ran across the street because stupid me got flipped on the map and dropped the pin on the wrong side.

That’s sad, people acting like they’ve got a personal driver or something.....they’re screwing with someone’s lively hood even with the wait fees

Maybe you can clear this up. People keep saying they don’t tip and they’re still 5 stars, I don’t know why they are saying this because I’m 99.999999% sure the driver can’t see your tip before they rate you??
    Yes. Some people really do think they 'own' you for the duration of the trip... like a personal driver. I once waited 15 mins for this group of Spanish people to come out to my car. They kept texting me telling me to hold on. It was surging 3.2x or something so the wait time fee went to $1/min. I got $15 extra just for surfing Reddit while I waited. They eventually show up and there was 6 of them... I can only take 4. So I told 2 of them to hang tight, drove 4 to the destination, went back and picked up the last 2 and doubled my fare. That was the longest I've waited for anyone, simply because the surge was crazy. Most of the time, at the 5 min mark, I cancel and move on. Time is money.

Regarding tipping... apparently there is a way to tip WHILST the trip is happening. You could physically show your phone to the driver as you tip, this way the driver knows you have tipped them. But anyone that is tipping, is usually doing so after the trip has been completed. The driver wouldn't know until after the cost of the trip has processed and showing within their "Trips" tab in their app. There is a little green check mark that populated beside the trip that indicates a rider has tipped. The driver can then go into that trip detail and it will show how much the tip was.

But, drivers are prompted immediately upon completing the trip to rate the pax, and it defaults to 5 stars.

So what happens is:
    - Rider requests trip.
    - Driver is pinged and accepts or declines the request.
    - Driver navigates to pick up pin on their app.
    - Rider gets in.
    - Driver swipes "Begin trip"
    - Route to destination populates and driver navigates to it.
    - During this time, the rider can review the driver profile or add a tip. Their app knows the trip is in progress.
    - Driver arrives at destination and swipes "Complete trip"
    - Driver is immediately prompted to rate the rider. You can not bypass this page. You must rate them.
    - Rider gets notification showing the trip has been completed and is then prompted to rate and/or tip, give compliment etc. They can opt not to do it tho.
    - Driver moves on and can then open their trips page showing the details of the trip and how much was tipped.

I usually tip in cash as a rider.

Sometimes, after black tie events, I've had riders literally throw $5 or $10 bills at me. These two middle aged women actually showered me in $5 bills once as we went thru the McDonalds drive thru. I picked it all up expecting it to be the money they were using to pay for their order but nope... it was all for me. They also told me to keep the change from the order, a bunch of toonies. This is my first customer service type gig I've ever had and it's so crazy to me when people just start handing you money.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Lease

Was at a 4.98, but rode a few express pool in San Fran this week, got dropped to 4.96 as of tonight hopefully doesn’t worsen by weeks end.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Also, there are ads on Kijiji that Uber frequently posts to advertise for more drivers. Recently, Banff/Canmore is seeing ads for Uber drivers. Looks like the service may be expanding there some time in the near future.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

I wonder what surge pricing will be like tonight, just staying in the downtown/beltline area.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

You are literally paying to be driven somewhere, why do you tip?

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
    You are literally paying to be driven somewhere, why do you tip?
    Agreed. And that’s also the allure of Uber vs standard cabs. They expect tips on the “old school way “. With Uber I get asked post trip. For my rating ( very important ) and then a tip option. Why anyone would feel compelled to tip is beyond me. If everything was great a 5 star is a free tip IMHO
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My uber driver this morning used to be a petroleum engineer. Worked for husky. He's pretty sure he'll never get an oil patch job again.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My uber driver this morning used to be a petroleum engineer. Worked for husky. He's pretty sure he'll never get an oil patch job again.
    Was chatting with someone recently and they were saying something to the effect of, if you are laid off in O&G and are off for 4+ months the chances of you getting back into a similar position is slim to none. If you can't get in from your network or from your experience relatively quickly (<4 months) you are going to have an extremely hard time and will have to make some extremely tough choices.

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 ... LastLast