Quantcast
Thoughts on C63 values over the next couple of years? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on C63 values over the next couple of years?

My Ride
    NC1

Buy a 911 Turbo. Paid $88k for mine 2 years ago and turned down an offer for $78k and decided to keep it instead.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    This and that.

If going 2010 or earlier make sure you are aware of the headbolt issues. They were fixed on 2011 plus. Funny enough, I was contemplating flipping mine a few days ago and was researching online. 2011's are going for around 50-60K range roughly right now on Kijiji depending on the km's and condition. I decided against getting rid of mine right now and wait for a few years. I don't think it will go under 20K in 3 years, even with the new one coming out. If I can sell mine for 20K after 3 years I will be happy.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The headbolt issue is blown completely out of proportion. It is not an issue.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

If you guys think C63's took a nosedive, you should see the IS-F's

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...gationFlag=true

Mid 20's?!

No doubt that for most the C63 is the more desirable vehicle, but I was surprised to see that in the used market.

To answer the OP's question, I think you will see a decrease in the used market after the new model goes through, but these are still highly desirable cars. If you wanted to keep it for 5-6 years (which you don't), I would say you its a good time to get in.
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 06-04-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    2008 Impreza WRX

I think there must be something wrong with that one, an '08 IS-F down here are still in the low-mid 30s US$. The 11+ IS-Fs got the upgraded suspension and LSD so that hurt the older ones.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

I saw a 2011 IS-F with 30k kms at a dealer the other day for $60k. That is alot lol.

Ya I agree with Rage about the 507 depreciation thing. I think all those owners are delusional talking about the 507 being a classic one day and stuff lol. You will have alot of depreciation with this car but o well....

If you do get a C63 I would go for 2011+ with P31. The head bolt issue is very rare, but its there. Just go for the p31 and you will get upgraded internals and a LSD. Check the engine number of your c63 and if it is above 060658 you have good head bolts.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Thank you all for the great feedback.

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    If you do get a C63 I would go for 2011+ with P31. The head bolt issue is very rare, but its there. Just go for the p31 and you will get upgraded internals and a LSD.
    The 2011 falls into the same depreciation issue, they are low $50's and don't have the refresh or the MCT transmission. If I planned to keep the car 5-6 years I'd just get a 2012 or 2013 and call it a day. The concern I have is knowing how short a duration I'll own the car, and the fact that I've been transferred back downtown, this car will only be driven 10-15,000 kms. I don't want to eat mass amounts of depreciation on it.

I bought a new RX350 last year, but I know we will likely keep it 6-7 years as it is the primary family hauler. I'm getting the use there, so depreciation doesn't concern me as much.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The upgraded internals are useless. You get more power gains from car to car variance than SLS internals. It revs a little quicker in neutral. Oooooohhhhh haha.

To have the best balance between depreciation and features, the 2010 with P30 (sport suspension + LSD) is what I'd get. The 2010s have the updated COMAND so you get iPod on the screen instead of the lame dash one. You get all the necessities, and it's priced better because there are no upgraded internals and less power. Throw on a chip and away you go. The facelift cars are still on the steep end of the depreciation curve.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Thanks for all the honest feedback everyone, it was much appreciated. I am not in a mad rush, will start doing some more research on this now, and keep my eyes peeled for the right one to come along!

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Although with my recent suspension tweaks, I'm enjoying the C63 more and missing the CLK63 less.
    Do tell...........

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 94boosted
    Do tell...........
    I just reset the alignment to be more aggressive than factory but still within spec. Turn in is twice as sharp, the rear end is much more sensitive to throttle inputs. It just feels much closer to the CLK. Only downside is that the car is pretty twitchy in the rain, and likes to follow road imperfections. Pretty much just like the CLK haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

^ What sort of camber & toe?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 94boosted
    ^ What sort of camber & toe?
    Slightly more toe out up front, max negative camber front (as per spec), and max toe out rear as per spec.

My Ride
    W204

Slightly more toe out up front, max negative camber front (as per spec), and max toe out rear as per spec.
    WTF I thought the rears toe'ed in?!?

To the OP if you only plan on keeping it a year, I'd buy the absolute cheapest/best condition car you can find. I.e. buying a used 08 or 09 in the mid to high 30s is easily your best bet and the best way to avoid losing money. LSDs are awesome but unless you track the car you won't miss it.

I've been on the fence with holding onto mine as this is kind of make/break time. Like Shakalaka says, the 2011s with P31 still fetch in the 50s (but then again, keep in mind the OTD price of a P31 with 19" was close to $90k).

I am going guess that these cars will stop depreciating in the mid-20s mark, kinda like how the E39 M5s are holding their value there (i.e. an good 2000 M5 3 years ago was $20k and still is today).

But the thing is I love the car so much that I just don't know what I'd replace it with, and in the end, it'll probably cost me the same or more to sell it and replace it. I have a friend who goes through cars like crazy but settled on the '11 C63 P31 and absolutely adores it and has no plans to sell it.
    Last edited by clem24; 06-11-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by clem24

But the thing is I love the car so much that I just don't know what I'd replace it with, and in the end, it'll probably cost me the same or more to sell it and replace it. I have a friend who goes through cars like crazy but settled on the '11 C63 P31 and absolutely adores it and has no plans to sell it.
    You need to try some E63S goodness.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by benyl

You need to try some E63S goodness.
    You offering?
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

WTF I thought the rears toe'ed in?!?
    It does. I just went with the minimum toe in as per spec, hence toeing it out as far as I can. It's still toe in, but a lot less than what the car was delivered with.

My Ride
    Ram

bought my car brand new through dealer as a demo. since they registered the vin with MB Canada, they threw in the Certified preowned warranty as well.

after 5 months of owning it, I managed to sell mine at a $3000 loss. Not bad imo for buying the car brand new from dealer.(even though I bought it as a sick deal because of all the rebates)

love the sound of the car. had the p31 package. regardless if you are heavy on the foot or not, the best I could manage per tank was 350km. when I drove it like I stole it. it was closer to 280km. its argueable that gas mileage is not a concern when you buy a car like this, however it was getting twice as worse gas mileage as my Full bolt on R35.

I see the new owner of the car is selling it as a loss of $13,000 from what he paid from me a year and half ago. With the new model coming up, I can see the price pummel even more. if you are set on getting it, I would wait till the new model is out so you can pick one up at a better deal

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

You offering?
    Sure, why not?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Sorath
    bought my car brand new through dealer as a demo. since they registered the vin with MB Canada, they threw in the Certified preowned warranty as well.

after 5 months of owning it, I managed to sell mine at a $3000 loss. Not bad imo for buying the car brand new from dealer.(even though I bought it as a sick deal because of all the rebates)

love the sound of the car. had the p31 package. regardless if you are heavy on the foot or not, the best I could manage per tank was 350km. when I drove it like I stole it. it was closer to 280km. its argueable that gas mileage is not a concern when you buy a car like this, however it was getting twice as worse gas mileage as my Full bolt on R35.

I see the new owner of the car is selling it as a loss of $13,000 from what he paid from me a year and half ago. With the new model coming up, I can see the price pummel even more. if you are set on getting it, I would wait till the new model is out so you can pick one up at a better deal
    Isn't the engine in the C63 twice as more bigger as it is in the R35

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast