Quantcast
Robertshaw Racing - simulators! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Robertshaw Racing - simulators!

Get Ready! So over the last few months we have had many drivers come in. Some with race experience, some not. Many have requested that we set up some sort of competition for them against similar driving levels and experience so we have done just that.

Two nights a week The Race Room will have "The Weekly Sim Stig" driving competition.

So what is a Sim Stig? Well, that's kind of hard to put into words as The Stig means many things but for clarity and unlike The Stig, The winning Sim Stig's name and photo will get posted to our FB page and on our web site so all the public can see just how fast a driver the winner truly is. No anonymity here, plain, full on public disclosure on the winner and their accomplishment! Nothing humble about it!

Tuesday night from 6 until 10 pm we will run "Rookie" Stigs. A Rookie Stig is a driver (male or female) who does not have any racing experience of any kind. The competition format is as follows;

Minimum of 8 drivers per night. All drivers in the same car at the same track. All drivers go into a 2 hour session that includes 70 minute practice, 10 minute lone qualifier and a 20 minute race. The driver who does the fastest lap that FINISHES the race will win 2 hours of sim time the following week!

On Wednesday night its "The Kart Stig", same program but for kart racing drivers only.

In addition, our instructors will be on hand to offer up (at no additional charge) some driver coaching to ensure a close battle ensues between all drivers entered in the competition.

So now you and your friends can come into The Race Room for a few hours, lose the street shoes for race boots, get in the cockpit, sit down, get fast, get winning and get boasting!

Call or email us now to secure your place on the grid!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Anyone have any recent reviews of The Race Room?
    I've been holding a gift cert since xmas and just haven't gotten around to trekking all the way south.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Went there a few months ago. It's pretty hard. The full motion seat is a bit gimmicky, not enough as feedback. Other than that the equipment is nice, really solid. The brake pedal is really stiff with very little travel, supposedly how a race car should be. That's the most difficult part to get used to for me and the motion seat doesn't give me enough feed back to feel the brakes.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Still awesome, the stuff these guys use for their sims is the real deal and in many cases interchangeable with the actual formula race cars they build and race. These sims are not a toy/game they are the type of sims that pro drivers train on. No ABS, no stability or traction control, it's all up to the driver. I'd highly recommend the Race Room.

I suppose the only drawback to the sims they use is that it makes you realize just how woefully inadequate your racing wheel/pedal/stand setup at home is, ask me how I know
    Last edited by 94boosted; 08-20-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4