Quantcast
Tint ticket from City of Calgary parking authority - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tint ticket from City of Calgary parking authority

My Ride
    CBR 929

Default Tint ticket from City of Calgary parking authority

Work at a mall and a co worker was parked in the mall parking lot where we all park. We do not need passes or id. Recently a new gym opened in the mall and now city of Calgary is patrolling the lot. They gave my co worker a ticket for front tinted windows as it was "difficult to see the interior" of the car. Again this was not a police ticket, car was parked with nobody inside and ticket is city of Calgary parking authority.

Didn't know they can enforce this type of thing? They were parked legally and correctly. Does this mean they could ticket your car for tint if you were parked on the street anywhere? What about other car modifications that are not legal?

[url]

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well they can actually enforce their tickets so if you want to fight it you will have to go to court...

Was your car tinted ?

Because if you admit it in court the just might just charge you with it anyways...

I would pay the ticket personally.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

That's weird, they are not police officers, and can not issue any tickets beyond parking infractions...

I would be interested in seeing the actual ticket.

Unless, a valid receipt was required to be displayed on the dash, and the tint made it hard to see dates or whatever, so this ticket was used instead of the regular non payment ticket...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Lol wtf I've never heard of them being able to issue any tint tickets?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by spikerS
    That's weird, they are not police officers, and can not issue any tickets beyond parking infractions...

I would be interested in seeing the actual ticket.

Unless, a valid receipt was required to be displayed on the dash, and the tint made it hard to see dates or whatever, so this ticket was used instead of the regular non payment ticket...
    I agree i just think that because of how CPA operates it could be very difficult to get this revoked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Tint ticket from City of Calgary parking authority

Originally posted by bignerd

Didn't know they can enforce this type of thing? They were parked legally and correctly. Does this mean they could ticket your car for tint if you were parked on the street anywhere? What about other car modifications that are not legal?
    - Yes
    - yes
    - yes.

Car broke rules. Car got ticket. Owner complains.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Car broke rules. Car got ticket. Owner complains.
    It's not the owners fault that the car broke the rules and got ticketed

My Ride
    CBR 929

Yes the Windows are tinted. It is not my car, I park and work at the same mall and employer. It is not a pay lot and we do not have any type of parking pass to display nor does the mall require any type of pass to be displayed, they don't provide anything like this to tenants. I saw the actual CPA ticket.

The post was really more about my surprise that the City of Calgary can ticket this type of stuff. I can understand if your plate was expired our you were parked in a fire lane but tint? Can they ticket a widened exhaust? Tinted taillights? Your car is basically fair game now anywhere you are parked.

The car is clean and in good condition, it's not like it was confused as being abandoned or stolen and they couldn't see inside. It is parked, pretty easy to look in through the front windshield for whatever they feel they could not easily see in the interior.
    Last edited by bignerd; 12-16-2014 at 10:47 AM.

[url]

Default Re: Tint ticket from City of Calgary parking authority

Work at a mall and a co worker was parked in the mall parking lot where we all park. We do not need passes or id. Recently a new gym opened in the mall and now city of Calgary is patrolling the lot. They gave my co worker a ticket for front tinted windows as it was "difficult to see the interior" of the car. Again this was not a police ticket, car was parked with nobody inside and ticket is city of Calgary parking authority.

From the CPS's web site (link)...
    CPA enforcement officers have been authorized to enforce parking regulations described in the Calgary Traffic Bylaw, Calgary Parking Bylaw, the provincial Traffic Safety Act, and Use of the Highway and Rules of the Road regulation.

This authority applies to any vehicle parked within the city limits of the City of Calgary on busy roadways, the downtown, residential areas and in some cases, private property.
    Learn something new every day, eh.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

God those fucks.

I honestly think working for parking authority is probably the most cowardly piece of shit job that the City has.

I've seen those douchebags ticket a car downtown and RUN back to their cars and speed away when they see somebody walking towards them.

Job application: are you a coward? Can you run fast to avoid getting beat and having to fill out a WCB form? Yes? You're hired!

My Ride
    CBR 929

Default Re: Re: Tint ticket from City of Calgary parking authority

Originally posted by speedog

From the CPS's web site (link)...

Learn something new every day, eh.
    That says that they are authorized to enforce "parking violations" from those acts, not safety violations or other infractions, sort of confusing I think? I guess tint is considered a parking violation somewhere? The ticket did quote some section number but I can't recall which.

[url]

Originally posted by Shlade
    God those fucks.

I honestly think working for parking authority is probably the most cowardly piece of shit job that the City has.

I've seen those douchebags ticket a car downtown and RUN back to their cars and speed away when they see somebody walking towards them.

Job application: are you a coward? Can you run fast to avoid getting beat and having to fill out a WCB form? Yes? You're hired!
    Wow

My Ride
    Audi

Default Re: Re: Re: Tint ticket from City of Calgary parking authority

That says that they are authorized to enforce "parking violations" from those acts, not safety violations or other infractions, sort of confusing I think? I guess tint is considered a parking violation somewhere? The ticket did quote some section number but I can't recall which.
    I thought tint tickets are under the TSA? Underlined below where I believe it says they have authority from speedog's post. It sounds like they are similar to a peace officer in that they can enforce a lot of things, just not criminal code.

CPA enforcement officers have been authorized to enforce parking regulations described in the Calgary Traffic Bylaw, Calgary Parking Bylaw, the provincial Traffic Safety Act, and Use of the Highway and Rules of the Road regulation.

This authority applies to any vehicle parked within the city limits of the City of Calgary on busy roadways, the downtown, residential areas and in some cases, private property.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I. HATE. The cpa. They can't even enforce parking infractions properly, who's the jackass that decided to give them even more responsibility?

Please note I don't hate them because I got a ticket and got butthurt over it like some people seem too. I hate them because of the way they operate. Like someone mentioned, they operate very cowardly, and borderline shady.

In my life I've gotten three tickets from the CPA.
    -One because I was parked in a staff only zone at a office building. My fault, I didn't see the sign. Payed it no problem.
    -Another for not having the proper times on a visitors parking pass at my brothers old condo building. My fault, payed it no problem.

But one I got years ago in school was nonsense. Parked in the student lot, with a student parking pass. Got a ticket for not having a parking pass.... huh? It was right there on the mirror, like it's supposed to be. There was no snow on the windshield or anything else I could think of that would obstruct view. Oh well, just a simple mistake, no big deal, I'll take a picture of the car with the pass in this space before I leave and I'll call the number on the ticket.

Well the lady on the phone could not have been more of a bitch. To her credit she probably deals with a lot of BS, but I was nice to her and I had hardly starting talking before she rudely interrupts and says I'll just have to pay it.
    "You'll just have to pay the infraction"
    "But there was no infraction, I have my pass right here"
    "Well it must not have been up"
    "Yes it was"
    "Well the officer didn't see it"
    "I don't know what to tell you ma'am, it was there, I have a timestamped picture, 10 minutes after the notice, of the pass in the mirror"
    "Well you must have put it up after"

That went on for a while but after talking to others with similar experiences, it seems that they pretty much don't squash parking tickets in this city. No court option, just plead your case on the phone and be told to pound sand. Same thing happened when a friend of mine got a ticket for blocking his own driveway.

I'm sure she's heard that story a thousand times but what got me was how there was no way to fight it. If that ticket gets written, that's it, you have to pay it. The tickets are never for much, so it seems to me like they thrive on the 'it's not worth my time to fight it' mentality.

On topic, this one does seem legit, but it pisses me off that the CPA has the authority to write it. Bunch of fucking clowns
    Last edited by btimbit; 12-17-2014 at 03:12 AM.

My Ride
    CBR 929

But are they only allowed to enforce the parking infractions that are noted in those acts or the entire act? To me it sounds like only the parking portions of the acts, not other stuff. I haven't read the whole act as I'm on my phone, maybe you can't park your car with tinted windows.

It's a 40$ ticket btw.

[url]

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It's a 40$ ticket btw.
    To me this screams " Pay it you have already spent to much of your life worrying about this"

https://www.calgaryparking.com/web/g...cure/ptosearch

My Ride
    Ford

real tint ticket is $57 or $114
    i got the $114 one last year and went to the CP and had it reduced to the $57 one. i told them i had tint and if i could get it reduced to the lesser one.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Audi

But are they only allowed to enforce the parking infractions that are noted in those acts or the entire act? To me it sounds like only the parking portions of the acts, not other stuff. I haven't read the whole act as I'm on my phone, maybe you can't park your car with tinted windows.

It's a 40$ ticket btw.
    You might be right then - I may have read that wrong. For some reason I thought CPA were considered peace officers!

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by blairtruck
    real tint ticket is $57 or $114
    I've only ever gotten $57 tint tickets not $40.This is strange. If the windshield was tinted and they couldn't see a pass or permit I could see something like this but in the situation the OP is describing it seems weird.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast