Quantcast
Ktm Rc390 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ktm Rc390

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Default Ktm Rc390

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/popular/2014-ktm-rc390/

Curious to see what the price tag becomes in USA/Canada.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Making 43hp from its 373cc thumper, the KTM RC390 is a tiny but stout machine, especially when you consider its 324 lbs wet weight (sans fuel in its 2.64 gallon tank).

Fitted with ABS brakes, braking is done at the front via a radially mounted caliper and 300mm single-brake disc, while a 230mm disc is fitted to the rear.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

Default Re: Ktm Rc390

Originally posted by Modelexis
    http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/popular/2014-ktm-rc390/

Curious to see what the price tag becomes in USA/Canada.
    Probably expensive enough to make the bike unpopular here. I could see it being difficult to get a hold of, or not available at all.

The article says that it should be under 6k Euros, which is ~$8500CND. Let’s assume that it’s just under, but even at $8k I just don’t see many North Americans taking this over a used 600 or litre. We (North Americans) don’t embrace the small bike like the Europeans do, and those that do will likely just take on the cheaper Kawi and Honda offerings.

Personally, I think it’s a rad little bike. Not as awesome as the RS125, but I’d have a go on one.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

How'd I miss this thread...

Why does KTM make their front ends so damn ugly? Other than that, great looking machine.

"MSRP has yet to be announced, but “a price competitive with class rivals” is the word from a KTM North America spokesman in attendance. With the 2015 CBR300R ABS at $4899, we suspect the RC390 represents a good $600 or so added value. Hard times or not, entry-level and enthusiasts shopping for a lightweight sportbike have never been so lucky as now."

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/09/03...t-ride-photos/
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Default Re: Re: Ktm Rc390

Originally posted by japan_us

Probably expensive enough to make the bike unpopular here. I could see it being difficult to get a hold of, or not available at all.

The article says that it should be under 6k Euros, which is ~$8500CND. Let’s assume that it’s just under, but even at $8k I just don’t see many North Americans taking this over a used 600 or litre. We (North Americans) don’t embrace the small bike like the Europeans do, and those that do will likely just take on the cheaper Kawi and Honda offerings.

Personally, I think it’s a rad little bike. Not as awesome as the RS125, but I’d have a go on one.
    Keep in mind this thing is made in India so it can be cheap.Plus NA prices are never anywhere close to being a straight currency conversion with european prices, everything is much cheaper here.

My Ride
    is broken

japan_us. Is it not common in Europe to tax based on engine size? Thus making these little bikes more affordable once you do the math? There is no consequence to riding a litre bike here so people will because its just as affordable. idk. Discus?
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Seeing as how I have a massive problem with buying a handful of bikes every year I would definitely go with one of these as a strictly city commuter. Not at anywhere near 8k though, for 5000 or even 5500 I'd be first on the list to grab one. If they were $8000, after dealer fees and taxes it'd be closer to 9k and at that point I'd way rather spend the extra $500-$1000 and pick up a used rc8.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Originally posted by jacky4566
    japan_us. Is it not common in Europe to tax based on engine size? Thus making these little bikes more affordable once you do the math? There is no consequence to riding a litre bike here so people will because its just as affordable. idk. Discus?
    Not just higher taxes, but massively higher insurance costs for everything.
    Add in their vastly higher fuel prices and motorcycles become the perfect cost effective mode of transportation vs cars in every way. Where as in North America motorcycles are mainly viewed as being for recreation.

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

Default Re: Re: Re: Ktm Rc390

Originally posted by Mista Bob

Keep in mind this thing is made in India so it can be cheap.Plus NA prices are never anywhere close to being a straight currency conversion with european prices, everything is much cheaper here.
    True enough, though the estimated prices I've been reading are "low to mid 5000s" in USD. So, maybe make that an even $6k for Canada, plus all that extra stuff for a new bike - could be up to $6500 all in? That's a pretty decent used supersport or even litre bike.

I dunno, I just see too many new riders get tempted by the fastest bike they can get their hands on. As you said, it's more of a toy/luxury here, so practicality/logic often go out the window. Hopefully offerings such as this start to adjust the North American attitude towards small bikes, because that is what this KTM is at the end of the day.

Based on what's known about it, I think it's an awesome bike, and if the price is right, I'm in.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I'm glad to see a street legal version of this bike is going to be made available. With that I'm a lot more open to picking one of these up
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

I cant see this being a huge seller for us. Its will be way more than the hondas or kawis in that CC class and typically the buyers of that category are newer riders so they wont appreciate the upgrades of the KTM. KTM is also a very niche brand when it comes to sport bikes so the newbs will most likely stick to the well knowns like honda or kawi. My guess would be around that $8000 mark if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i think this bike would complement my collection very well... not a new rider, but also not a fan of the big supersports... was thinking a new CB500 but if this is within $1500 of that, then sold

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

Quite a bit of interest - maybe we can get a group discount.

My Ride

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
    I cant see this being a huge seller for us. Its will be way more than the hondas or kawis in that CC class and typically the buyers of that category are newer riders so they wont appreciate the upgrades of the KTM. KTM is also a very niche brand when it comes to sport bikes so the newbs will most likely stick to the well knowns like honda or kawi. My guess would be around that $8000 mark if not more.
    if this bike goes for $8k, I'll keep looking. For $2k more I can get a triumph 675, which is about triple the power.
    I'm open to buying a KTM, I have no reason not to, but $8k for a bike like this is really quite steep, I just hope it's less, way less then that
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

^^ if it does go for $8k this will also make it a very hard bike to justify. For just a little more you can get some street killers albeit they are 200cc more. This bike won't attract the person whos looking at the 125-250 because i'm sure the 390 will be pretty intimidating. Now you got the new riders who wanna be all manly and start out on a big boy bike and to them the 600 sounds way more bad ass than 390 and if they're almost the same price we all know where they're going to go. This bike will be like a lot of you suggested something to add to your stable and not your 1 and only.

This bike sounds like its very track oriented and fitted with some nice parts so i don't think i'm far off with $8k.

Friendly bet $20.00. If this goes for less than $7500 you win and anything over I win
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride

^ lol that works

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ lol that works
    Taking the bet?

Is there VAT on bikes in Europe? If so it will appear about 20% more than it will cost in the USA. Happens all the time when people do conversions on the Euro and freak about price with electronics, then it ends up costing nowhere near the conversion amount, but I don't know if it applies to vehicles.

My Ride

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

Taking the bet?
    Lol fuck yeah, a 12 Pack of sleemans is on me lol, and if I lose, many sask brews be on that biznatch

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Lol fuck yeah, a 12 Pack of sleemans is on me lol, and if I lose, many sask brews be on that biznatch
    Should i send you my email for the transfer now

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ktm-rc390-usa/

Good news small-displacement sport bike fans, as KTM North America has finally confirmed the KTM RC390 for the American market. The 375cc four-stroke single-cylinder street bike is good for 44hp, and tips the scales at 325 lbs dry.

On the larger side, displacement-wise, compared to the Honda CBR300R, Kawasaki Ninja 300, and Yamaha YZF-R3, the KTM RC390 also packs a bit more on the price tag. Pricing will be $5,499 MSRP, in the United States.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 11-13-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast