Quantcast
Washroom attendants - Do you tip? (w/ poll) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Tipping washroom attendants...

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, always, regardless of service.

5 3.07%
  • No, never, regardless of service.

55 33.74%
  • Only if I need more than the basics (soap,water, paper towel)

49 30.06%
  • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't for no reason

40 24.54%
  • I have never saw them before.

10 6.13%
  • I have saw them, but I don't wash my hands.

4 2.45%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Washroom attendants - Do you tip? (w/ poll)

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Washroom attendants - Do you tip? (w/ poll)

Having a discussion at work.

We have all came into contact with washroom attendants. I'm wondering what you guys do in terms of tipping.

Personally, I would only tip if I needed to tie into his "premium colognes." Which I have never actually done before.

But to just turn a tap on and throw soap on my hands, nah.

Interestingly, the wiki describes them as being in extravagant places, which I have never really found to be true. I always see them in grungy nightclubs.

Anyways, should I change my habits of not tipping them?

What do you guys do usually?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    EG6

I don't tip for services I can/am willing do myself. That also goes for Starbucks and McDonald's, if I don't tip when I pick up from a restaurant then why would I do it here, your a cook not a waiter.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think the last time I was somewhere with a washroom attend and I was in Harris when I was 14. I didn't tip lol.

Mostly I find it extraordinarily creepy.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I base tips on the service provided. Exemplary service will yield a tip from me. Just because a guy hands me a paper towel in a bathroom does not make me feel obligated to tip. I don't expect someone to tip me if I hold a door open for them at the mall or pick up a toy that their kid drops. If I feel that someone has gone out of their way to make my experience better (restaurant waitress or a good bathroom attendant for that matter) then I will tip. For someone doing something I am more than capable of doing myself, not so much. Its like the automatic tip option on debt machines. Youre asking me for a tip BEFORE any service of any kind has been performed? Ya, no... Ill be sure to come back up to the counter and ask for a tip if I throw my own garbage out when I leave as well.
    Last edited by civic_stylez; 07-02-2015 at 08:09 AM.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    is broken

Without having been to a fancy pants restaurant. I really dislike those dudes that stand in nightclubs. Feels like can't even take a piss without having to dish out money. They just stand there and wash your hands for you.The creepy part is they never work for the nightclub, and they dress horribly. Its some random off the street...

I might approve a little more if they were big burly dudes there to stop drugs or busty girls ready with another drink. IDK. I avoid clubs now.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    Silverado

You should also consider what the bathroom would look like if they were not there. I usually run into them in nightclubs and if they weren't there I can imagine drugs, fights, puke, piss going on everywhere. I tip them not cause they handed me paper towel but because of what I didn't have to deal with.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't do the club thing anymore, so the only place I see them in in the Las Vegas Strippers. I like that dude, slip him a few singles over the course of the night. Take a few mints, shoot the shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

If you have to ask... yer cheap and will try to justify the cheapness. These are the same people who don't tip the maids at hotels. Are a few bucks going to ruin your life? The people in these jobs are not big earners and support families. You think they want to stand around in a toilet all day listening to your red meat moans of release?

I'd like to see some of you cheap ass "ballers" work in a tip environment for a week at your current ages. Is there a difference between a tip and work bonus? Never hear boo about how work bonuses need to be stopped.

You're cheap, admit it, your friends know it, your GF knows it and we know it. Admit it and move on. Not much worse than going out for a Reservoir Dogs breakfast.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Fly Fishin'
    I don't tip for services I can/am willing do myself. That also goes for Starbucks and McDonald's, if I don't tip when I pick up from a restaurant then why would I do it here, your a cook not a waiter.
    The Tutti Frutti at beacon hill has a forced tip option. I literally dispense my own yogurt, put it on the scale and grab my own spoon

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 02:07 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    If you have to ask... yer cheap and will try to justify the cheapness. These are the same people who don't tip the maids at hotels. Are a few bucks going to ruin your life? The people in these jobs are not big earners and support families. You think they want to stand around in a toilet all day listening to your red meat moans of release?

I'd like to see some of you cheap ass "ballers" work in a tip environment for a week at your current ages. Is there a difference between a tip and work bonus? Never hear boo about how work bonuses need to be stopped.

You're cheap, admit it, your friends know it, your GF knows it and we know it. Admit it and move on. Not much worse than going out for a Reservoir Dogs breakfast.
    I bet you are the same type who thinks a waitress deserves a minimum 15% tip when your beer goes dry for 30 minutes at a time while she is giggling with her friends / flirting with the bartender at the bar.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

Look out boys, we've got a live one here!

This is seriously the least sensible or intelligent thing I've ever seen you post. You have found your personal end of the Internet, bravo.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    G6

In the clubs, the guy's PRIMARY job is to protect the CLUB from you. Him providing some sort of useless "service" to you is just to mask his main role. You're basically supplementing someone's wage whose job it is to decide when to throw you out. These guys are not your "buddies", they're not there to help you out. You have to be pretty fucking careless with your money (i.e. stupid) to actually tip these guys...

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

ITT: CanmoreOrLess also keeps a wad of $5's in his glovebox for squeegee men 'cause he's such a generous baller.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

I absolutely never tip washroom attendants. Not when the soap is 8 inches away from the sink (well, at least until he decided to hoard it to himself) and the paper towel is right there on the wall (which he's probably standing in front of).

Just no.

My Ride
    NC1

I love how fast shit escalates on Beyond lol

As normal, do as you please. I will toss a couple bucks towards the guy but I ain't gonna talk down on others for not doing so.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I think as a new personal savings method I'm going to start rewarding myself with two dollars every time I get myself some soap when I wash my hands. I be ballin' in no time!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '93 CYM FD3S

Where is the 'depends how obliterated I am' option?

I occasionally go into Starbucks and ask for free Ice water.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

once the NPD's full $15/hr is pushed though... noooooope

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast