OnePlus 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: OnePlus 2

Default OnePlus 2

16GB w/ 3GB RAM - US$329/CAD$409
    64GB w/ 4GB RAM- US$389/CAD$479

Snapdragon 810 / USB Type-C / 1080p 5.5" screen

Surprisingly cheap!
    Last edited by Xaroxantu Zero; 07-27-2015 at 09:32 PM.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Looks good so far. Love my One, but at that price I may have to upgrade.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Wait, what? Dual SIM?

Shut up and take my money!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by The_Penguin
    Wait, what? Dual SIM?

Shut up and take my money!
    This looked like a pretty nice phone for the money, but dual SIM puts it over the top for me.

I'm still happily using my Nexus 4 but they're coming out with so many nice phones now it's hard not to want to upgrade haha

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

^ What the penguin said!

It looks pretty good. I've been looking at this one, the Note 5, and whatever comes of the 5.2" and 5.7" Nexus products in October for my next phone. The Note 5 has me most interested so far if I can deal with the size.

I like the idea of Dual SIM for work.

The Snapdragon 810 is an old chip now though (Exynos 7020 from March beats it handily, and the Snapdragon 820 will be in devices in a few months) and has known heat throttling issues unless they have somehow resolved them by now. I would want to see benchmarks before and after a stress test before I bought anything with an 810 in it. For $400 though, harder to complain. I'm guessing there is a lot of extra 810 supply kicking around after Samsung decided not to use it in the GS6.

Battery is a bit weak (~1,000 mAh less than the Note), but again, it's only $400.

Not a fan of the fingerprint sensor implementation, and in the video the sensor isn't even on straight. The camera is more and more important to me these days, so that is a huge selling point for me on these new phones - looks pretty good in the press release minus the aperture. I think it might be an LG unit based on the specs.

No NFC, but probably not a huge deal for most people.

Very interesting phone for $400. It will probably undercut the Note 5 by 50%, and be closer in price to the upcoming Nexus devices. Dual sim is going to get a LOT of people interested I think. Look forward to the reviews.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-27-2015 at 11:28 PM.

If camera is important then get the iPhone. OPO camera has nice specs but clarity and performance is lacking with the camera.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    If camera is important then get the iPhone. OPO camera has nice specs but clarity and performance is lacking with the camera.
    Was the OnePlusOne camera bad? Hopefully they improved it for the Two.

The iPhone6 camera is nothing to write home about compared to everything else that is out at the moment. Maybe the 6S will change that.

My Ride
    V8s

I liked my N5 camera better than my OPO. Actually, aside from size, I like pretty much everything better about the N5. The size of the OPO is just right for me.

I'm intrigued by the OP2, but won't be sending my money anywhere until I see what Google brings out for the next Nexus. This phone is for me.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Was the OnePlusOne camera bad? Hopefully they improved it for the Two.
    I think it was a software thing as most sites suggest.

Smashed my OPO and now I'm on Zenfone 2 which has dual SIM as well... cheaped out and got the 1.8ghz. Still good IMO.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by cjblair

I'm intrigued by the OP2, but won't be sending my money anywhere until I see what Google brings out for the next Nexus. This phone is for me.
    I'm in the same boat. OP2 is intriguing but I'm really wary of the overheating problems with that chip and the next Nexus is just a few months away - and it's not invite-only.

My Ride
    is broken

Is there any price on the Nexus 5.2015? I really hope they can get it less than $400 USD like the old price model.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Did people who actually got the OPO original actually like it?

I noticed there were alot of people selling them used on here pretty soon after the hype bled down
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by killramos

I noticed there were alot of people selling them used on here pretty soon after the hype bled down
    I tried to like it, but overall it just wasn't as good of a smartphone ownership experience as a Nexus (I've had a couple of those). For me the big advantage was the size and price of the OPO, but pretty much everything else won out on the Nexus.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by killramos

Still have mine. No complains other than took a while to get to Lollipop.

Camera is all right.

Other than dual sim, camera with bigger sensor and laser focus, Two is not any better than One.

So far, benchmark on performance and battery are both worse than one on a pre release unit. I don't care about performance but if battery life is 30% worse than One, that would suck.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I see this and the Asus Zenfone going at each other for the unlocked affordable smartphone title.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Originally posted by jacky4566
    Is there any price on the Nexus 5.2015? I really hope they can get it less than $400 USD like the old price model.
    Most speculation is $400- $500 for the 5.2" LG version, which will supposedly have higher-end build quality. The 5.7" Huawei version will probably be at least another $100. Only thing is that most rumors so far point to a weaker Snapdragon 808 for the N5 2015, so if it has that, it shouldn't be as premium of a price. The Adreno 418 doesn't fare that great with a QHD screen. In contrast, there is also a rumor and screenshot that suggest the Nexus 5 2015 scored an enormous 85,530 on AnTuTu, which is well ahead of even the GS6, and suggests a Snapdragon 820 (built on Samsung's 14nm process like the Exynos 7420/7422). Given it's late-fall release, I am more inclined to believe it will have the higher end CPU, but really it's anyone's guess.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-28-2015 at 09:13 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Most speculation is $400- $500 for the 5.2" LG version, which will supposedly have higher-end build quality. The 5.7" Huawei version will probably be at least another $100. Only thing is that most rumors so far point to a weaker Snapdragon 808 for the N5 2015, so if it has that, it shouldn't be as premium of a price. The Adreno 418 doesn't fare that great with a QHD screen. In contrast, there is also a rumor and screenshot that suggest the Nexus 5 2015 scored an enormous 85,530 on AnTuTu, which is well ahead of even the GS6, and suggests a Snapdragon 820 (built on Samsung's 14nm process like the Exynos 7420/7422). Given it's late-fall release, I am more inclined to believe it will have the higher end CPU, but really it's anyone's guess.
    I'm actually more excited about Nexus 5 2015. Want to go back to 5 to 5.2" phone. Hopefully they don't gimp the Camera like previous Nexus's.

My Ride
    Grimace

The new Moto X was announced today also. It is $400 USD unlocked but you would have to buy it from the US as motorola seems to really hate canada. Three different models. Moxo X Style, Play and Pure. This is the pure:
    http://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones/moto-x-pure.html

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I wonder if I will be able to get a 5.2" nexus 5 on contract as mine is up in December. Love my nexus 5, but its starting to slow down.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast