Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 43 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession car deals

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Advantage Ford just sent me a deal on email.

Similar to the Jetta deal I posted earlier except way better.

Focus SE fairly loaded.
    6sp auto
    Heated seats/wheel
    Keyless
    Sync

Yada yada

18,500 OTD

MSRP - $24,000+

Solid deal like 25% off

If anyone is interested let me know ill try to get you another $500 off through my connections y0
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by flipstah
    Why so cheap? Hm.
    No P30/P31 pack (no alcantara, no two piece front rotors, which means no LSD IIRC) as far as I can tell. Despite that, still very cheap, possibly accident history...?

If no history, that car will sell fast.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by cjblair
    No P30/P31 pack (no alcantara, no two piece front rotors, which means no LSD IIRC) as far as I can tell. Despite that, still very cheap, possibly accident history...?

Emailed the owner. Sounds like there has been an accident in the past, but he didn't say how bad.

I got the VIN but don't feel like paying $40 for a carproof to see how big the claim was.

The engine number is outside the headbolt issue though.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Strider

Emailed the owner. Sounds like there has been an accident in the past, but he didn't say how bad.

I got the VIN but don't feel like paying $40 for a carproof to see how big the claim was.

The engine number is outside the headbolt issue though.
    Yeah, I think engines with the updated headbolt design are from late 2010MY and onwards.

To be honest, the thing holding me back from getting one of these cars isn't the headbolts, its the potential valve lubrication issues (across all M156 engines, IIRC)

edit:
    Last edited by bjstare; 07-19-2016 at 02:13 PM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Correct.

It's a base car with a lot of kms.

No Nav. No CF trim inside. 2011 would be P31 which it doesn't have(no red calipers is the biggest giveaway).

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Someone didn't get the memo of the downturn....

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Darkane
    Advantage Ford just sent me a deal on email.

Similar to the Jetta deal I posted earlier except way better.

Focus SE fairly loaded.
    6sp auto
    Heated seats/wheel
    Keyless
    Sync

Yada yada

18,500 OTD

MSRP - $24,000+

Solid deal like 25% off

If anyone is interested let me know ill try to get you another $500 off through my connections y0
    VW is now doing $5,000 on Jettas, $4,000 on Golf/Golf SW

http://vwoffers.ca/

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

^ I was tempted yesterday when I got the email.
    A base model Jetta for $10,995 + freight and PDI + taxes, etc.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

No ac for that price but still a hell of a deal for a brand new car, back up camera, usb , turbo etc.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by mrsingh

That looks like a pretty decent price for a 2011.
    The trade in value I got for My 2011 with 65K km's with p31, fully loaded, every single option except carbon fibre interior was $32K last year around the same time.

It had a $29K worth of accident on it though.

My thoughts on car pricing. On the used car front, I just don't think there are many deals to be found. The odd ones that do come up are almost always lacking any maintenance records and are generally beat up. Then there is the question of whether you want to actually buy a car from someone in financial distress? Situational I guess.

On the other hand, I do find great deals on new vehicles. Which brings me to the 1-2 year old vehicle sector, where I've found the biggest divergence. These I find to priced very close to a brand new vehicle (especially with some of the aggressive leasing deals to be found), and it begs the question why anyone would go for something like that over a brand new car?

Mind you, I'm not looking to switch up cars and maybe my research is limited.

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

Anyone know if Luxury car dealers are willing to give good/great deals?
    In particular I'm looking at the Lexus ES300h

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Looking for a reliable and cheap awd car for short commute. People still want too much for their vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by benyl

Correct.

It's a base car with a lot of kms.

No Nav. No CF trim inside. 2011 would be P31 which it doesn't have(no red calipers is the biggest giveaway).

Still a great deal imo, since when is 80k on a 5/6 year old car a lot of kms?

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I agree that it's still a decent deal. Ad says the accident on it was only $5k as well, pretty much a fender bender.

You'd never catch me buying a C63 with no LSD though, is it not just a constant one tire fire?

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    I agree that it's still a decent deal. Ad says the accident on it was only $5k as well, pretty much a fender bender.
    Agreed it's not a lot of km for a 5-6 year old car, it's one of the lower km 2010-2011's out there.

The seller ran a carproof and sent me a copy - the accident in itself isn't bad, but it's also an Ontario car originally, was auctioned after the repair, and was in the shop a couple times subsequent to that within a few k km.

Bit too much history for me. I'd say it's priced appropriately.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    ute

You'd never catch me buying a C63 with no LSD though, is it not just a constant one tire fire?
    Depends. It doesn't really work that way. The LSD is a bigger help pulling out of the corners. Straight line, you wouldn't notice a huge difference. With traction control on and the way most people drive it's probably not a huge deal.

That said I wouldn't give up LSD on my car, and I think it's hilarious that MB didn't make it standard. And that they put skinny tires on the back.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Buster

Depends. It doesn't really work that way. The LSD is a bigger help pulling out of the corners. Straight line, you wouldn't notice a huge difference. With traction control on and the way most people drive it's probably not a huge deal.
    Yeah I know.. pulling out of corners, especially with stability control off is mostly where you want an LSD. And I wouldn't be buying a car like this to drive it like an old white lady.

Originally posted by Buster

That said I wouldn't give up LSD on my car, and I think it's hilarious that MB didn't make it standard. And that they put skinny tires on the back.
    Exactly, I wouldn't give up the LSD on my car either haha. It's even more critical on a car like this that has notoriously little room for fitting wider than stock rear tires.

Originally posted by dimi
    My thoughts on car pricing. On the used car front, I just don't think there are many deals to be found. The odd ones that do come up are almost always lacking any maintenance records and are generally beat up. Then there is the question of whether you want to actually buy a car from someone in financial distress? Situational I guess.

On the other hand, I do find great deals on new vehicles. Which brings me to the 1-2 year old vehicle sector, where I've found the biggest divergence. These I find to priced very close to a brand new vehicle (especially with some of the aggressive leasing deals to be found), and it begs the question why anyone would go for something like that over a brand new car?

Mind you, I'm not looking to switch up cars and maybe my research is limited.
    No one has commented on your thoughts, awwe its okay . I will. I would add that If you are buying a car from someone in financial distress you are helping them out.
    Last edited by Konj; 07-24-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

VW just released $3000 stackable cash on the Jetta, 0% 84 month on a mid level comfortline is $26X full price, it would be mid to low 200s for Beyonders and even cheaper for a Trendline plus package, hilariously cheap. GLI's have $3000 off and 0% as well, cheap a4 basically .
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast