Quantcast
What are you watching? - Page 169 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 169 of 178 FirstFirst ... 159 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3557

Thread: What are you watching?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Watched Blue Eye Samurai and don't get all the hype around it. It was decent for what it was and the animation was good. But the whole story around it was mediocre and felt like it was just to cater to todays woke crowd.

Not a fan of the CGI in Masters of Air so far - I'd go so far to call myself a subject matter expert on WW2/Cold war/Current aviation graphics, and still do QA work for DCS and two of the contracted teams with Eagle Dynamics, as well as a slew of other previous PC military flight sims. A lot of the CGI used in modern films and TV has direct connection or at the very least strong roots coming from the PC flight sim sector. I find they are making the Luftwaffe fighters look FAR too fast, same with the tracers from both the B17 .50cals and the 7.92/13mm/20mm rounds coming from the Luftwaffe 109s and 190s (they haven't shown any 110s, or other later models of LW fighters, nor any that would be commonly equipped with 30mm rounds).

The actors do a pretty decent job IMO, the uniforms, base structures, and the B17 damage shown on the ground is all well done. It's just the combat scenes aren't blowing my hair back. IMO Memphis Belle did a better job 35 years ago ffs, so there is no excuse for this especially in 4k IMO. Still, for me, anything WW2 and/or air combat related is going to get watched, and multiple times, as it's my primary area of interest and study aside from gunfighting, which was mostly a work thing, and I'm retired now.

I'd recommend watching it, it's worth the sub to Apple TV IMO for the couple months you'd need it if you don't have it already, and worth the time to set sail on the pirate seas as well. Most will find my dislike of the aerial scenes a nitpick, but they are valid.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That sucks. Best show of the last few years.

But if you don't like dramas you don't like dramas.
    Bear was good, but best of last few years? There’s a reason they went in for Comedy Emmy instead of Drama as they would have gotten punked

Binged the night agent over the last few days while stuck on a plane.

Was an interesting TV series. Cia/politics with lots of murder and deaths.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I just recently stumbled across departures. again. Anyone remember that show?? Aired on OLN and Citytv in 2008 to 2010. My buddy, a big travel buff, always had episodes playing in the background when we stopped at his place back then. I was looking for places to watch, I think Netflix did have it for a time, but I instead found a playlist on youtube that organized in chrono order. It might also be on Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TQW6pWiQD5mMZ0
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Mr & Mrs Smith on Prime. Entertaining and Donald Glover is comedic genius
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

top picks from LD:

Tokyo Vice
    Pantheon
    Phantom Boy
    The Overlap
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Bear was good, but best of last few years? There’s a reason they went in for Comedy Emmy instead of Drama as they would have gotten punked
    I dont pay attention to awards. I also don't watch as much TV as I used to.

What would oyu consider better series?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Not a fan of the CGI in Masters of Air so far - I'd go so far to call myself a subject matter expert on WW2/Cold war/Current aviation graphics, and still do QA work for DCS and two of the contracted teams with Eagle Dynamics, as well as a slew of other previous PC military flight sims. A lot of the CGI used in modern films and TV has direct connection or at the very least strong roots coming from the PC flight sim sector. I find they are making the Luftwaffe fighters look FAR too fast, same with the tracers from both the B17 .50cals and the 7.92/13mm/20mm rounds coming from the Luftwaffe 109s and 190s (they haven't shown any 110s, or other later models of LW fighters, nor any that would be commonly equipped with 30mm rounds).

The actors do a pretty decent job IMO, the uniforms, base structures, and the B17 damage shown on the ground is all well done. It's just the combat scenes aren't blowing my hair back. IMO Memphis Belle did a better job 35 years ago ffs, so there is no excuse for this especially in 4k IMO. Still, for me, anything WW2 and/or air combat related is going to get watched, and multiple times, as it's my primary area of interest and study aside from gunfighting, which was mostly a work thing, and I'm retired now.

I'd recommend watching it, it's worth the sub to Apple TV IMO for the couple months you'd need it if you don't have it already, and worth the time to set sail on the pirate seas as well. Most will find my dislike of the aerial scenes a nitpick, but they are valid.
    I dont think you need to be a subject matter expert to see that the CGI is a bit bad. Some of your complaints were similar in terms of Band of Brothers. Everyone agrees that the show was shot with the infantry too close together compared to reality with the idea that translating to TV means something has to give.

The CGI thing is a problem probably because of the overall state of the visual effects industry - which is not good. My guess is the creators of the show are also cringing when they see the aerial shots.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Bear is excellent. Forks is one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Of just for the enjoyment of watching TV, Succession, Beef, Last of Us. The Bear was good, and this season better than last, but not the best show of the year IMO.

Beef was excellent if you havent watched that yet.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    top picks from LD:

Tokyo Vice
    Pantheon
    Phantom Boy
    The Overlap
    Liquor Depot?
    London Drugs?

Tokyo Vice was a great show, new season starts this week I think

Watching Reacher S2 currently. Its good. Lots of shots of Reacher looking off into the distance and being mysterious.

Edit: Oh, Little Dan
    Last edited by birdman86; 02-06-2024 at 09:14 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Feb 16th

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Currently watching a show on Netflix called "The Watcher".

Watching the last episode tonight.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by gmc72 View Post
    Currently watching a show on Netflix called "The Watcher".

Watching the last episode tonight.
    That is based off a true story FYI https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/...ix-true-story/

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    That's true, but basically the only thing that relates to the actual story is the letters. Most everything else is made up. Pretty good so far.

My Ride
    *The First*

I watched American Animals movie on a plane and it was fine.
    Pretty neat seeing how bad regular people are at crime.

Amazon Prime
    Name:  p26259213_b_v13_aa.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  24.0 KB

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think you need to be a subject matter expert to see that the CGI is a bit bad. Some of your complaints were similar in terms of Band of Brothers. Everyone agrees that the show was shot with the infantry too close together compared to reality with the idea that translating to TV means something has to give.

The CGI thing is a problem probably because of the overall state of the visual effects industry - which is not good. My guess is the creators of the show are also cringing when they see the aerial shots.
    I hope so - the sad part is that it wouldn't take all that many changes too vastly improve the aerial combat scenes, without even changing the albeit terrible CGI graphics and details themselves. I know on all the forums for animated air combat be it gaming or TV/Film related, almost all the members are hollering in sync about what a giant fuckup MOA has been in terms of the points already made. Band of Brothers was different as other than some of the drop zone and aircraft scenes, it didn't use all that much CGI (plus it was over 20 years ago), and that yes, tactical formations were greatly compressed in order to fit the characters into frame(s) for a lot of the shots the director of photography needed. Master of the Air wasn't bound by that, since the vast majority of airborne shots of aircraft were all CGI and the spacing, speed, formations, all of it, isn't subject to the needs of the cameras or directors.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Watched The Marvels last night.

Not the worst of the post-Avengers wave, not the best, and just as forgettable as the rest of them have been. Made good background noise while I stared at my phone though.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    Watched The Marvels last night.

Not the worst of the post-Avengers wave, not the best, and just as forgettable as the rest of them have been. Made good background noise while I stared at my phone though.
    "Brie Larson nude"
    "Zawe Ashton nude"
    "Jude Law nude"

Page 169 of 178 FirstFirst ... 159 168 169 170 ... LastLast