Quantcast
GMC Truck Thread - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: GMC Truck Thread

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Nice truck. The front valence is for coefficient Of drag I believe. Might cost a few tenths of L/100km
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Yeah I did a bit of reading and I'm not to worried about. I just hated scraping it on some of the bigger curbs

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

If anyone is interested in the chrome denali 20 inch wheels send me a PM. I'll be putting new wheels on in a few weeks and looking to offload the stockers.

My Ride
    Silverado

Nevermind. Was askimg for a buddy but he's not interested.

My Ride
    Audi

For those with the Sierra HID kit from The RetroFit Source (the ones with the morimoto ballasts), has anyone been having bulb failures? I'm about to go through my 3rd dead bulb in 2 years of owning the kit (had one die within the first month, the second a year from the first, and the third just going out now). It seems unusually high for me, so im not sure if it's something to do with my truck, my setup, or just bad luck.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by hampstor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those with the Sierra HID kit from The RetroFit Source (the ones with the morimoto ballasts), has anyone been having bulb failures? I'm about to go through my 3rd dead bulb in 2 years of owning the kit (had one die within the first month, the second a year from the first, and the third just going out now). It seems unusually high for me, so im not sure if it's something to do with my truck, my setup, or just bad luck.
    No issues whatsoever, nearly 2 years and 45K and still going strong.

Is it always the bulb on the same side dying?

My Ride
    LNF

I had 2 bulb failures and then started having issues with the wiring harness coming loose at a connection so the one side would turn off. Replaced the harness and it had the same issue..

So I just went back to the stock bulbs

Is anyone running LED conversions? I have heard good things about their reliability.

I'm starting to get the itch to upgrade to a 2017 Denali again, there's been some significant changes since I bought my 2014 but I'm worried that next year when the supposedly updated 2019 comes out I'll probably want to upgrade again!

Quote Originally Posted by andyg16 View Post
    I'm starting to get the itch to upgrade to a 2017 Denali again, there's been some significant changes since I bought my 2014 but I'm worried that next year when the supposedly updated 2019 comes out I'll probably want to upgrade again!
    I went from the 2014 to 2017 this year and glad I did. Some very good deals on the 2017 Denali's right now. You don't want to be paying full price for a 2019 do you?

My Ride
    K-car

Quote Originally Posted by andyg16 View Post
    Some info has leaked, a few tidbits from guys who have seen the new truck. Apparently the styling is very aggressive and attractive, has a completely new front suspension with wheels pushed further forward (gives an increase in cab room) rounded wheelwells, all-new interior with pushbutton start, console shift, new tech toys and rear a/c vents. Engines are said to remain the same with modest power increases in both the 5.3 and 6.2, and turbo diesel six is also 90% coming (several 1/2 ton mules have been spotted with DPF's and diesel only over the gas caps)

My Ride
    Silverado

Sounds like a lot of nice upgrades and that they listened to users. One thing I don't get is the console shifter. I feel its a waste of space. Column ftw.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by corsvette View Post
    Some info has leaked, a few tidbits from guys who have seen the new truck. Apparently the styling is very aggressive and attractive, has a completely new front suspension with wheels pushed further forward (gives an increase in cab room) rounded wheelwells, all-new interior with pushbutton start, console shift, new tech toys and rear a/c vents. Engines are said to remain the same with modest power increases in both the 5.3 and 6.2, and turbo diesel six is also 90% coming (several 1/2 ton mules have been spotted with DPF's and diesel only over the gas caps)
    I take it no aluminum body still?

That sounds awesome. Reading this I think I'll stick with my '14, which I still love btw, and wait for the '19 model. Sounds like they're addressing a lot of items on people's wish lists, panoramic roof would be nice too.. I'm glad they're keeping the 6.2.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

They have announced that GM will stick with steel. The trucks will also feature the 10spd that was co-developed with Ford in some of the trims. There was also a hint at more upsale models in the High Country guise for Chev, to slot in between LTZ/High Country/Denali

My Ride
    K-car

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    I take it no aluminum body still?
    Forgot that one...GM is claiming to have a "revolutionary" bed structure. Bets are out they have aluminum outer panels with a steel bed/bedsides. Rumor has it some guy walked up to a test mule with a large magnet and it didn't stick...

If it is indeed an aluminum body I sure hope it's smoother than Ford's, look at the body panels close on a new F150 to know what I'm talking about (mostly around the door handles) some are worse than others, I notice it on almost all aluminum F150's.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Those aluminum body Fords are wavy as heck, it sure would rustle me if my truck looked like that.

My Ride
    Silverado

Ecoboost threads got me thinking.. what oil do you guys use in your 5.3? Stick with the 0w20?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Forgot that one...GM is claiming to have a "revolutionary" bed structure. Bets are out they have aluminum outer panels with a steel bed/bedsides. Rumor has it some guy walked up to a test mule with a large magnet and it didn't stick...

If it is indeed an aluminum body I sure hope it's smoother than Ford's, look at the body panels close on a new F150 to know what I'm talking about (mostly around the door handles) some are worse than others, I notice it on almost all aluminum F150's.
    My money is on Carbon Fiber.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    My money is on Carbon Fiber.
    pretty good bet as I think they leaked that info last week - we thought aluminium was expensive to fix. Dirtsniffer - I use Amsoil XL 0w20 because it's the same as my wife's truck, and when I buy it in cases it's usually cheaper than Mobil1. I'm trying to reach garage mechanic mecca of having both our DD's line up their oil change intervals.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Ecoboost threads got me thinking.. what oil do you guys use in your 5.3? Stick with the 0w20?
    Yup, synthetic blend. I've been letting the dealer do my oil change out of pure laziness but getting tired of paying $100+ for an oil change so may start doing it myself

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast