Quantcast
Netflix blocks DNS/VPN workarounds for US content - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Netflix blocks DNS/VPN workarounds for US content

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Gman.45
    Thaco, what's the resolution/quality like with Kodi and that addon? When I tried Kodi and all that sort of stuff a while ago, it was garbage quality, like the "watch movie" or "watch TV" sites with their 360p or less quality stream. Better than nothing, but certainly not the HD Netflix quality.
    I use Exodus add-on, if it's a popular show the quality is usually HD and occasionally 1080p, but there will always be SD versions available, like 20+ to choose from. More often than not an hour after the show airs live, it'll be up to watch.

I will say 95% of the time I search older tv shows/movies they will be on there. Even foreign films with subtitle additions are readily available. Pretty much 100% of the popular western TV shows are all on there.

But whatever you use, bear in mind you need to also set Kodi/XBMC up in its own local settings to have max resolution as well, not just choose an HD stream while your Kodi is running on 320p or something, it'll never work out in your favour.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    There is a new plug-and-play hardware solution that's currently running a large ad campaign on social media and it's free to try. Thoughts?

https://turbobeacon.com/?fb=beacon-free
    I have a feeling that this will be a hardware based peer-to-peer service where users in the US will have their IP spoofed by users in Canada (or other countries) and vice versa.

Basically turning everyone into an endpoint for everyone else with the same device.

Originally posted by n1zm0

I use Exodus add-on, if it's a popular show the quality is usually HD and occasionally 1080p, but there will always be SD versions available, like 20+ to choose from. More often than not an hour after the show airs live, it'll be up to watch.

I will say 95% of the time I search older tv shows/movies they will be on there. Even foreign films with subtitle additions are readily available. Pretty much 100% of the popular western TV shows are all on there.

But whatever you use, bear in mind you need to also set Kodi/XBMC up in its own local settings to have max resolution as well, not just choose an HD stream while your Kodi is running on 320p or something, it'll never work out in your favour.

Exodus is awesome. I tried 1Channel and SALTS and didn't like them as much.

My Ride
    2002 e46

But whatever you use, bear in mind you need to also set Kodi/XBMC up in its own local settings to have max resolution as well,
    Can you elaborate?

So just wondering if anyone tried that "Turbo beacon" device/service?

Any other alternatives to US content?

So ridiculous we have to go through these stupid hoops. If these studios want to make it this hard with the licensing shit, then ppl might as well start torrenting and give a finger to the studios

My Ride
    ute

I've pretty much switched my content and family habits over to local content via plex.

Then I use Sonarr and Couch Potato to setup automatic downloads.

Upside is that all of our content is curated, rather than random...which improves the Tv experience. And I get all the HBO/movie/netflix content I want.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by sk8r3124
    Can you elaborate?
    System>Settings>Video Output>Resolution

If after that your resolution is still crap, it's the stream you're using that is poor quality.

My Ride
    2002 e46

System>Settings>Video Output>Resolution

If after that your resolution is still crap, it's the stream you're using that is poor quality.

cheers

Anyone else use a VPN and a Roku. I have a couple Rokus they work great.

I used to just have VPN setup in my router with all the Rokus connected to it. That was when US Netflix was working. Now that seems to be done. So we want to watch Canadian Netflix but still use Hulu, Slingtv etc.

Any ideas on how this can be done while still using Canadian Netflix?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Most DNS redirect sites allow you to turn off Netflix proxy while allowing US proxy to stuff like Hulu, Sling, Amazon, etc.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Interesting. I'm not overly familiar with DNS redirect sites. I have just been using PureVPN (Speed isnt great). What are some good DNS redirect sites I could try? Thanks

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you don't use HBO, unblockus works great. They have a bug of some sort that's causing HBO stuff to play only 50% of the time and when it does, it randomly desynchs audio.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by rage2
    If you don't use HBO, unblockus works great. They have a bug of some sort that's causing HBO stuff to play only 50% of the time and when it does, it randomly desynchs audio.
    Mine has been working well for my weekly westworld outside of usually one pause for say 20 seconds per episode. Still works great with hulu and pretty good with netflix. Have to occasionally turn the box off and on (Firetv) if it gives an error.
    Last edited by schocker; 11-02-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Originally posted by rage2
    Thanks. Now I need to figure out the best US Live TV streaming service that I can sign up for with a canadian credit card.

I have been using USTVNow but I'm wondering if there are better options.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:48 PM.

I have been using the paid. It works well and it's worth it for HD.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:48 PM.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

here is a free way to enable US netflix , no weird addons, spyware etc. (works as of today)

http://start.westnet.ca/westnetnews....y%20and%20Free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4