Quantcast
If you are a Republican that doesn't like Trump, would you vote for Hillary? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: If you are a Republican that does not like Trump, would you vote Hillary?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote opposite my party

29 29.00%
  • No, I would never vote for the other team

37 37.00%
  • Neither. I would probably go for an independent or not vote at all

34 34.00%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: If you are a Republican that doesn't like Trump, would you vote for Hillary?

Default If you are a Republican that doesn't like Trump, would you vote for Hillary?

With Rubio now out of the race, it's becoming increasingly apparent that Trump is going to be the Republican candidate. Which got me thinking...I know a lot of Conservatives/Republicans don't like Trump, but do they not like him enough to actually vote for Hillary in the General Election?

Seeing as how most people on this board are conservative and would probably identify with Republicans, i'm curious about responses to this hypothetical question (or maybe not hypothetical if you are a dual citizen)
    Last edited by sabad66; 03-15-2016 at 08:23 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I would vote for an independent, and im interested how many people are on the fence or would sway to the other party but all that aside..

with the primaries does everyone get to vote or is it just the people that are registered republicans/democrats - kind of like when they have they have votes provincially to choose the new head of the conservative party in alberta
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    B&W M3

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Originally posted by nzwasp
    I would vote for an independent, and im interested how many people are on the fence or would sway to the other party but all that aside..

with the primaries does everyone get to vote or is it just the people that are registered republicans/democrats - kind of like when they have they have votes provincially to choose the new head of the conservative party in alberta
    It's confusing, some states you can only vote if you're a card carrying member, some can be anyone...honestly I want to see Trump win just to see what would happen. ..but then part of me is like what if everything actually does go to hell?!

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey

It's confusing, some states you can only vote if you're a card carrying member, some can be anyone...honestly I want to see Trump win just to see what would happen. ..but then part of me is like what if everything actually does go to hell?!
    I imagine he would be impeached before it really went to hell.

My Ride
    ute

Gary Johnson

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Isn't Clinton widely regarded as a liar now due to her email fiasco?

I really don't know much about it. I've just seen a few headlines saying her time as Secretary of State was sketchy and the emails did not look favourable for her.

But yes, I agree with nzwasp, Trump would probably be impeached (or worse) before the shit really hit the fan.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Impeaching is meaningless. Hillary's husband was impeached and he finished out his full second term.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 12:22 AM.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

WTF is Kasich still doing in this race? LMAO
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Impeaching is meaningless. Hillary's husband was impeached and he finished out his full second term.
    Impeached and acquitted. Why shouldn't he have been allowed to finish out his second term?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Exactly. Impeachment is meaningless. It has never gotten rid of a sitting president.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Even though I'm just a reservist, I joined to fight if my country came under attack, but I feel like Trump would start something bigger if he became president, where even the reservists would be called into action to help fight someone else's war. It's a really scary thought for me.

But everything I've seen in the news about Trumps rallies and all the violence that occur during and how he advocates racism and violence... just boggles my mind and always saying WTF. I don't get how people can be so radicalized here in NA when this whole time we always thought a big problem as to why people were joining al qaeda and ISIS was due to a lack of knowledge, education and information. They (Trump supporters) are no better.

As much as I hate to admit, I get the feeling that if Trump somehow got in - that he would do the right thing and let the military be the military.

That meaning, he would hire a manager to be in control of the gun cabinet. He is no front line man, dodging the draft *that* many times tells me he really doesn't want the guntoting part of the job all that much.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-16-2016 at 05:28 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Cause none of us has ever experienced how strategically voting against someone can backfire miserably.

Also voting for an independent in a US presidential election is literally throwing away your vote. Both parties laugh hysterically for every single independent vote. It doesn't work like in Canada, this is not a congressional/senatorial election.

In a lot of ways i think Hillary would be a genuinely worse president than Trump. I think Trump would be a very different person in office than on the campaign trail.

Moving past the sensationalism his policy platform isn't that radical. And may very well be what the US needs...

Healthcare
    Since March of 2010, the American people have had to suffer under the incredible economic burden of the Affordable Care Act—Obamacare. This legislation, passed by totally partisan votes in the House and Senate and signed into law by the most divisive and partisan President in American history, has tragically but predictably resulted in runaway costs, websites that don’t work, greater rationing of care, higher premiums, less competition and fewer choices.
    US-China Relations
    The most important component of our China policy is leadership and strength at the negotiating table. We have been too afraid to protect and advance American interests and to challenge China to live up to its obligations. We need smart negotiators who will serve the interests of American workers – not Wall Street insiders that want to move U.S. manufacturing and investment offshore.
    Tax Reform
    -If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% – from the income tax rolls. They get a new one page form to send the IRS saying, “I win,” those who would otherwise owe income taxes will save an average of nearly $1,000 each.
    -All other Americans will get a simpler tax code with four brackets – 0%, 10%, 20% and 25% – instead of the current seven. This new tax code eliminates the marriage penalty and the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) while providing the lowest tax rate since before World War II.
    -No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.
    -No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family, not the government. You paid taxes on it when you earned it.
    Second Amendment
    The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period. The Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right that belongs to all law-abiding Americans. The Constitution doesn’t create that right – it ensures that the government can’t take it away. Our Founding Fathers knew, and our Supreme Court has upheld, that the Second Amendment’s purpose is to guarantee our right to defend ourselves and our families. This is about self-defense, plain and simple.
    Immigration Reform
    -Real immigration reform puts the needs of working people first – not wealthy globetrotting donors. We are the only country in the world whose immigration system puts the needs of other nations ahead of our own. That must change. Here are the three core principles of real immigration reform:
    1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.
    2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.
    3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.
    VA Reform
    -Ensure our veterans get the care they need wherever and whenever they need it. No more long drives. No more waiting for backlogs. No more excessive red tape. Just the care and support they earned with their service to our country.
    -Support the whole veteran, not just their physical health care, but also by addressing their invisible wounds, investing in our service members’ post-active duty success, transforming the VA to meet the needs of 21st century service members, and better meeting the needs of our female veterans.
    -Make the VA great again by firing the corrupt and incompetent VA executives who let our veterans down, by modernizing the VA, and by empowering the doctors and nurses to ensure our veterans receive the best care available in a timely manner.
    I think that most who disagree with those policies are pretty cut and dry democrats. Those are policies that most Republicans can get behind.

If he actually gets elected and moves forward on said promises it would be a very successful mandate.

If he doesn't and goes off the rails? Well that's what Congressional and Judicial oversight is for.

Personally I don't pick my politicians based on sensational rally's and late night TV segments.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

His popularity is based off giving zero fucks and being unapologetic. To get away with saying what you want to say and not retracting it later under pressures of the mainstream is a huge reversal of the pussyfication of today's society. I love it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by killramos
    Moving past the sensationalism his policy platform isn't that radical. And may very well be what the US needs...

I think that most who disagree with those policies are pretty cut and dry democrats. Those are policies that most Republicans can get behind.
    +1

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by phreezee
    His popularity is based off giving zero fucks and being unapologetic. To get away with saying what you want to say and not retracting it later under pressures of the mainstream is a huge reversal of the pussyfication of today's society. I love it.
    I would vote for Trump. As has been said, once you dig into his policy past his shock value frankness..he's not that out there.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 03-16-2016 at 08:07 AM.

My Ride
    G6

Poll = worthless. We don't think like Americans when it comes to their bipartisan politics.

I think the worst-case scenario is Cruz somehow winding up with the nomination. That man is a psychopath.

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by killramos
    Cause none of us has ever experienced how strategically voting against someone can backfire miserably.

Also voting for an independent in a US presidential election is literally throwing away your vote. Both parties laugh hysterically for every single independent vote. It doesn't work like in Canada, this is not a congressional/senatorial election.

In a lot of ways i think Hillary would be a genuinely worse president than Trump. I think Trump would be a very different person in office than on the campaign trail.

Healthcare

US-China Relations

Tax Reform

Second Amendment

Immigration Reform

VA Reform

If he actually gets elected and moves forward on said promises it would be a very successful mandate.

If he doesn't and goes off the rails? Well that's what Congressional and Judicial oversight is for.

Personally I don't pick my politicians based on sensational rally's and late night TV segments.
    This is a great post, and I agree with it.

Although I think the question in the thread title was specific about who to vote for other than Trump.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast