Quantcast
Witness Request - Oct 28th, 2016 8 am - ramp off junction stony trail W x 16th ave e - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Witness Request - Oct 28th, 2016 8 am - ramp off junction stony trail W x 16th ave e

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Default Witness Request - Oct 28th, 2016 8 am - ramp off junction stony trail W x 16th ave e

I was hit by a crossover on this Friday morning and am wondering if anyone witnessed the accident. It's a long shot but I need someone to come forward.
    4036175267 - Jay

SEQUENCE OF EVENTS
    • on Oct 28, 2016 at 8:15 am
    • I was established in the one lane portion of of the end of the ramp coming off Stony Trail on to 16th ave NW during rush hour traffic. (exhibit a - notice my position when I was hit) it was bumper to bumper so I was stopped waiting for the car in front of me to move. (exhibit b - notice cars detouring from where I suspect the colliding vehicle came from. notice position in relation to the yellow line)
    • a black SUVs front passenger struck the drivers side of my rear headlight/bumper (exhibit c - rear headlight, bumper and fender damage) at high velocity, to the extent that her front fender slid sidewiping the length of my car and lodged into my driver fender and detached the front bumper too.
    • she ran out around her car to me to see if I was ok and was apologizing profusely. I wasn't able to respond coherently as I was in a state of shock.
    • I called the police and she called a family member. She appeared to have been coached by her family member because she stopped apologizing once we were talking to the cop.
    • I took pictures of the ramp, the lane, the damage and the shoulder to prove that I was established in my lane well before the merge and there was no where else for me to have come from because there were construction signs on the shoulder (exhibit d. there are a few signs on the shoulder right behind where the collision occurred). I was in the left lane from before the merge. I didn't merge like some cars had to earlier. I was stopped in my car and she came out of nowhere and rear ended me. (exhibit e. another angle of the rear end damage).
    • I detached the bumpers to prevent dragging so I could drive to an engagement. Most of them were left at the scene.
    • it appears she was coming from the other side of the yellow line. from the front you can see that she drove into me from the angle of the cars. my car is almost driving away from her. I wasn't because I was literally at a stand still. (exhibit f - notice the angle and the amount of places she could've came from)
    • at no point were we side by side sharing a lane until she hit me. this is apparent in the details of the damage (exhibit f & g)
    • I think she thought that where these cars are detouring was "her" lane. (exhibit h & i - notice the yellow line to the right of her. that's a painted road island)
    Last edited by JMaj7; 11-16-2016 at 12:41 AM.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Exhibit a) I cant see any of your exhibits

Originally posted by riander5
    Exhibit a) I cant see any of your exhibits
    You're out of order.
    Last edited by roopi; 11-08-2016 at 02:51 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Listen he was hit by a Crossover, he collected evidence, and then something else happened, (details not provided if she left the scene or is fighting his story) and he made a thread. Should be an open and shut case here guys.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

I'll upload them to a imgur. I'm really just wondering if anyone saw it happen. I couldn't really get out to flag a witness down because I was pinned in my car. It's a lot of hassle when there's conflicting stories and no witness. As far as I'm concerned, it's pretty cut and dry. I can't even speculate what her story could be. But here I am looking to the public. It was rush hour so there must been someone who saw it.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by roopi

You're out of order.
    Please govern yourself accordingly.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

You were coming off Stoney SB onto Hwy1 EB? Before Stoney SB ends, two lanes merge into one then it's free flow lane onto Hwy1 EB, not a merge right or is it different now? If it is not a merge lane then you have a stronger case. It's still gonna be tough to argue based on the damage alone though. Lets see those pictures. A simple diagram showing the position of the cars will help.

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Pictures
    (These aren't in sequence like the exhibits I sent in to insurance. They archived it somehow. I can put them in sequence later but here's the main pictures. The yellow in the drawing are construction and speed signs.
    https://m.imgur.com/a/Fh6AN

Videos

http://youtu.be/hMY4ouFRgTc

http://youtu.be/tUaYKpnYHbw

drive by

http://youtu.be/qXe_KYU8-HU

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Added phone number

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by JMaj7

http://youtu.be/hMY4ouFRgTc

[/B]
    The obvious problem here is that you are not allowed to drive on the ceiling.

My Ride
    bus

This is what happens when you drive upsidedown, time to lawyer up and present your exhibits

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Nice looking exhibits.

My Ride
    Toyota 86 Wannabe (FR-S)

To me, it looks like you made an unsafe lane change/merge.. It doesn't help that your on the right hand side, and that your lane ended just prior to the moment of impact.

Good read though, 5/7.
    Last edited by Joe-G; 11-17-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Photo by: Kevin Chow

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Your "sketch" makes no sense. If the arrows are meant to show path of travel, you are claiming she came off 16th, across a huge swath of empty space and hit you?

Also, forget her apologies. They are irrelevant since apologizing does not constitute an admission of guilt. If fact, you're barred from introducing them as evidence in court and the insurance company can't use them in their determination of fault.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

If you notice, I'm at the end of the merge. The line you see is the last line of the merge. I didn't even merge to get there. I had let a car zipper merge in front of me earlier. I wasn't in a rush either. I'm also established in the lane, wheels are pointing straight. It was also rush hour and bumper to bumper traffic. That's why I'm sure she came from the left shoulder, thinking it was a lane and hit me. Also, she hit me from behind, while I was stopped. Now I could've come from the right shoulder and cut her off at the end if the ramp except there are five construction signs along the right shoulder, proving that there was no where for me to have come from.

Mind you, this was during a snow dump, during rush hour, at a major junction, in a construction zone, about 100 metres from a traffic light. She wasn't paying attention. She actually thought that the left shoulder was a lane.

Originally posted by Joe-G
    To me, it looks like you made an unsafe lane change/merge.. It doesn't help that your on the right hand side, and that your lane ended just prior to the moment of impact.

Good read though, 5/7.
    With the video/ angle of the damage/ placement of the vehicles, it seems like you were just coming out of the right lane, which is marked to end a fair ways back from there. The video seems to do more damage for your case TBH. She looks more established in the lane.

That's why I'm sure she came from the left shoulder, thinking it was a lane and hit me
    She actually thought that the left shoulder was a lane
    So which is it? You are contradicting yourself here. As well, if it was bumper to bumper, there is no way she would fit on the shoulder, or be at a speed to cause that damage, without you coming out of the right lane late. But at the same point, she could have been distracted and a combination of you merging, and her looking at her phone.

Also very unlikely she came off of 16th based on your video. She would have to come in at a much greater angle, drive through the traffic cones, and drive over the dip between the two.

I think you are going to be in for a tough time if she puts the blame on you without a witness. I wasn't there so just IMO on the observations. And there are always 3 sides to a story. Best of luck all the same.
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 11-18-2016 at 01:16 PM.

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

It's all good. A witness came forward!

Originally posted by JMaj7
    It's all good. A witness came forward!
    What did exhibit J have to say?

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

I wasn't looking behind me but it the reason why I think she came from the right shoulder (it's really wide I might add, you could fit a car and half for most of the right shoulder. You can google map it or just look at where the cars were detouring) is because I'm pretty sure there was a car behind because it was rush hour and she hit me from behind at an angle. That's why the rear bumper and quarter panel was damaged.

And if she hit me from the back with her front end, I dont think where she ended up due to te speed she hit me at should determine who's more established. She's at an angle, I'm straight. She hit me from the back when my car is perfectly established in the lane. This is why the rush hour traffic is an important detail. She was the only one moving at a high speed because we were all waiting for traffic to clear.

It's one of those situations where someone does something completely outlandish and then it harder to prove how absurd their actions were. I called her to just ask her find it in her heart to tell the truth and she basically said I should leave to the experts. She couldn't lie to me because she knew what happened. Devout Muslims believe in hell and putting me through this should trigger some remorse. If it doesn't than it's whatever because I found a witness. I just wanted to see if she'd do the right thing. She hasn't yet.

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

even though I couldn't flag a witness down since I was stuck in my car, anytime you get into an accident, forget your broken arm, your dislocated shoulder, fuckin run out and flag a witness down.

The delayed accepting liability three weeks and someone came forward just on Wednesday after i added my number and pictures. I never check my voicemail so I didn't even know they called until this morning. I passed them his contact so this is where we are now. Even though I complained about the delay in them determining liability, it's the delay that gave all my posts the exposure it needed. You might be that lucky.

Always get a witness. They'll fix your neck later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast