Quantcast
Dakota Access pipeline protest heats up. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Access pipeline protest heats up.

Default Dakota Access pipeline protest heats up.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/st...ries-1.3861705

Young female gets hit with concussion grenade, chance they will have to amputate arm.

Notes: If you want to protest, get Kevlar, extra padding, eye protection and welders (fireproof) clothing.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Silverado

police say she was near a propane tank that was rigged to explode?

Sounds fishy to me. either way, she should have not put herself in that situation

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    police say she was near a propane tank that was rigged to explode?

Sounds fishy to me. either way, she should have not put herself in that situation
    Sounds like something a lefty would do.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Let's cross private property and not expect anything to happen... too bad

My Ride
    ute

It's a start.

Unless something comes out to indicate significant wrong doing on behalf of law enforcement, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

So eco-terrorists set up a homemade bomb and only hurt themselves? Can't say I feel bad

i watched the on video where the one cop started blasting bean bags into the crowd. He unloaded into the crowd without a care in the world.

Seems pretty heavy handed if you ask me.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Was the crowd warned to disperse? Were they warned that would use force if they didn't? From every video of this protest I've seen the answer to both of those is yes, so they don't get a whole lot of sympathy from me.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by gwill
    i watched the on video where the one cop started blasting bean bags into the crowd. He unloaded into the crowd without a care in the world.

Seems pretty heavy handed if you ask me.
    Oh get real, it's not like he was unloading bullets.

Protesters are being jackasses here. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. (edit: I didn't notice go4long wrote the exact same phrase haha)

It's interesting that the Obama administration put a stop to the work, but it's not legally binding, and they are just trying to forge ahead.

Sad tactics there for sure, for what is a non violent protest. I saw even the Hulk was there, and the actor from divergent was arrested and strip searched for fun and humiliation.

Americans take their rights seriously, and the protesters are being joined by Veterans, and the UN is sending human rights observers.

The virtual media blackout I think is why this is still going on, or it would have been shut down a long time ago. The power of oil companies is truly frightening.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 11-23-2016 at 05:47 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Gestalt
    The virtual media blackout I think is why this is still going on, or it would have been shut down a long time ago. The power of oil companies is truly frightening.
    Like the virtual media blackout on how well Trump was doing in the Presidential Election?

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Realistically the only difference if it was getting more media attention is that more people would know what was actually going on and less people would give a shit about the bullshit being posted by the people in favour of the protesters.

the video i saw showed 1 protestor putting up some protection from the water cannon... the police officer then unloads his shot gun on the one guy.

In this video no one was in danger... to me it seemed excessive with intent to injure.

If the govts okay with this id have to question why all protests arent met with the same reaction. Why wasnt the white militia with guns who took over the govt building in oregon not met with similar protest tactics? They got left alone for months costing the state millions to stand by and do nothing. Throw oil into the mix and now the govt will stop at nothing to end a protest??

Heck the one protestor may now be an amputee thanks to being shot from the police.

Ah well.. its in america who cares.. that will never happen here so why bother caring.

Heck the one protestor may now be an amputee thanks to being shot from the police.
    Source? Everything I've read has stated there's some discrepancy as to what caused the injury. Did you find a source that gives a definitive cause, or perhaps a video that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt?
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    4x4

They're disputing a pipeline along an existing 30yr old pipeline route that hasn't caused them any harm.

This is NIMBYism and professional protestors... With the token native story thrown in all over again (it's worked well in BC). This has nothing to do with real fears about pipelines, about native rights, waterways or anything else. This is the anti-pipeline SJW rhetoric.

the video i saw showed 1 protestor putting up some protection from the water cannon... the police officer then unloads his shot gun on the one guy.

In this video no one was in danger... to me it seemed excessive with intent to injure.

If the govts okay with this id have to question why all protests arent met with the same reaction. Why wasnt the white militia with guns who took over the govt building in oregon not met with similar protest tactics? They got left alone for months costing the state millions to stand by and do nothing. Throw oil into the mix and now the govt will stop at nothing to end a protest??

Ah well.. its in america who cares.. that will never happen here so why bother caring.
    I forgot about this gun toting crazy white guys taking over that office or what ever it was.

Weren't they found not guilty?

My Ride
    V167

Links to these crazy bean bag videos/shot gun videos?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by AndyL
    They're disputing a pipeline along an existing 30yr old pipeline route that hasn't caused them any harm.

This is NIMBYism and professional protestors... With the token native story thrown in all over again (it's worked well in BC). This has nothing to do with real fears about pipelines, about native rights, waterways or anything else. This is the anti-pipeline SJW rhetoric.
    Yup. Add in the fact that it doesn't even actually cross that reserve OR their burial grounds and you get a better idea of the nonsense this has become.

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Source? Everything I've read has stated there's some discrepancy as to what caused the injury. Did you find a source that gives a definitive cause, or perhaps a video that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt?
    I read it was from a percussion grenade.. and the police disputed that. From the videos out there they shoot indiscriminately into the crowds at full blast yet want to dispute a claim saying they didn't shoot the percussion grenade. A bit convenient no?

Originally posted by Gestalt

I forgot about this gun toting crazy white guys taking over that office or what ever it was.

Weren't they found not guilty?
    Yep. They held a town hostage. Cost the state millions in added police enforcement. Walked around threatening police with their guns and made demands.... yet the police stood back and did nothing for months. They didn't blast them with water cannons, sound cannons or their shot guns. Most were released and found not guilty of taking over a town.. LOL how does that happen?

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    Links to these crazy bean bag videos/shot gun videos?
    I just tried to check for where i saw it.. i saw a CBC link on facebook that isn't on their website.. ill spend some time later to try and find it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast