Quantcast
What should I lease? (Long) - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I lease? (Long)

Originally posted by max_boost
    Sweet congrats! Which Honda dealer?
    Okotoks. 3 cars now bought from there that nobody else could even come close to on price, not to mention service/experience.

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    Super buy! You guys will have to set up a meet sometime.
    The GM at Okotoks Honda seems like a pretty cool guy. Are you guys thinking of getting some winter tires?

Those who already have the car you find the gas mileage close to spec? I know people can be heavy footed. The one I test drove showed 10.1L/100km average. I do wish there is a gas tank door release.
    Thanks! Did you make it down?

I'm going to try putting off winters until next year - and if it gets really bad next week I might delay delivery. I'm just going to get another set of Michelin X-Ice XI3's on hub-centric steelies in the fall. Unbelievably good tire.

Reviews say mileage barely changes no matter how you drive it, but I can't verify myself.

There is not really a need for a gas tank door release because when the car is unlocked it's push-to-open. Locking the car then locks the gas door (just don't lock the car while it's open or it won't shut haha). On top of that the capless design makes it so nobody could put anything in your tank or siphon gas out unless they were very knowledgeable and prepared.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-19-2017 at 12:33 PM.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Congrats dude!

Love that color and the hatch is great looking in person. Post some pics when you take delivery.

Might give my TLX back at lease end and get one of these.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Yes I like okotoks. Good dealership.

I've bought there and my brother as well.

Only gripe is they had an '07 S2000 I looked at three years ago. They wanted 36,900 and it had like 27,000 km. They didn't accept my market value offer back then. Oh well.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Thanks! Did you make it down?

I'm going to try putting off winters until next year - and if it gets really bad next week I might delay delivery. I'm just going to get another set of Michelin X-Ice XI3's on hub-centric steelies in the fall. Unbelievably good tire.

Reviews say mileage barely changes no matter how you drive it, but I can't verify myself.

There is not really a need for a gas tank door release because when the car is unlocked it's push-to-open. Locking the car then locks the gas door (just don't lock the car while it's open or it won't shut haha). On top of that the capless design makes it so nobody could put anything in your tank or siphon gas out unless they were very knowledgeable and prepared.
    Didn't know that about the gas tank door. I thought it was like the previous Fit where it can be opened from the outside anytime. Good to know. I should youtube it and see how the capless design really works.

I was planning to go down to Okotoks but things went late. The GM seems quite nice and straight forward. Our next Honda we will deal with him I think.
    Last edited by bigbadboss101; 02-19-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Didn't know that about the gas tank door. I thought it was like the previous Fit where it can be opened from the outside anytime. Good to know. I should youtube it and see how the capless design really works.

I was planning to go down to Okotoks but things went late. The GM seems quite nice and straight forward. Our next Honda we will deal with him I think.
    Yeah the gas door is fine, the only potential annoyance is if you accidentally lock the car while it's open, but that's unlikely.

The capless design makes it so only very specific things are allowed into the gas tank, such as the nozzle of a fuel pump or the funnel they supply with the car (for use in an emergency with a jerry can). It would be extremely difficult for someone to be able to siphon gas or put anything foreign in the tank, and not having to deal with a gas cap is always nice.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Nice pickup, Mitsu! I *really* love the look of those new Civic hatchbacks. I'd consider taking a look at one myself, but I just can't get around the fact that it's still a Honda haha

My Ride
    Bicycle

Congrats, love that Civic Hatch.

My Ride
    RX300

how much did your lease payments end up at? feel free to PM if you prefer
    trying is the first step towards failure

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Nice pickup, Mitsu! I *really* love the look of those new Civic hatchbacks. I'd consider taking a look at one myself, but I just can't get around the fact that it's still a Honda haha
    Thanks! You should go try one out, it might surprise you. If I had my way I wish the plastic cladding was toned down just a tad, but it's not too bad.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Those who have this vehicle do you find the CVT pretty likeable? I had asked people about CVT in general and some say they slip and slide often, no grip. We liked it, and ended up dealing with the same person Mitsu did :-)

Those who have this vehicle do you find the CVT pretty likeable? I had asked people about CVT in general and some say they slip and slide often, no grip. We liked it, and ended up dealing with the same person Mitsu did :-)
    I drove the CVT for over an hour across two separate days and 3 different cars. It was a very good CVT, quite unoffensive in the ways CVTs usually are. In "D" or "Eco" it's pretty eager to settle into low RPM but comes out quickly and easily if you get on the gas. It doesn't drone or anything and you generally just forget about it after a few minutes to start focusing on other stuff. In "S" the car keeps the RPM around 2500-3000 all the time so that when you load the engine, the turbo spools up right away. The car has a ton of throttle pedal travel, so if you will probably think the car is really slow at first. In "L" mode it's for steep hills or steep descents, I don't imagine it gets used at all in most households. The CVT is the only model with remote start and low speed follow on the Touring trims.

In "D" mode and really low RPM, there is a little bit of an elastic band effect while the CVT deals with the turbo spooling up, but it's minor and goes away in "S" mode. The Touring models with the paddles make the CVT more fun. It's no DCT competitor, but it's better than not having them. The downshifts are not rev-matched. You can hold it in any 'gear' though and it behaves like a manual after that. It simulates a 7spd gearbox in manual shift mode. The CVT also gets ridiculous gas mileage.

A CVT with no grip? That's a very strange comment, sounds like whoever told you that doesn't understand what a CVT is. I drove in this AM on the 18" all seasons, snowing and -6C, did not slip once or have the ABS/VDC engage once with the 6MT. With winters obviously it will be better, and I was driving for the conditions. I did have the car tell me to brake at one point, which was cool.

Glad you got a good deal
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-24-2017 at 09:51 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Late to the party but congrats! I've been a huge fan of the new civic's looks, everyone thinks I'm on crack. At night, with the lighting layout, it looks absolutely badass.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Thanks! I just took delivery yesterday. Yeah I have to keep reminding myself I'm in a Civic - I'm sure in part because I was coming from a 2010 LX model but from the inside it looks a lot more expensive than it is, especially with all the technology and screens. It's so nice to just have bluetooth, which was available in pretty well everything the year after I bought my previous car haha. They have come a long way and are probably as big as the Accord from a couple generations ago. The 6MT is worlds better than the 5MT in my old one, and rev-matching downshifts is much easier. Driving it in general takes zero time to get used to. The color seems way more blue than any of the press photos show though, it's hard to describe. It looks like a matte/slate blue/grey and then up close you can see the pearl effect. I like all the LED lights, and I agree it looks cool at night. Only thing I might do is change the marker light covers from amber to clear. The car auto-locks when you walk 6ft away from it or more which makes me feel important The lock confirmation is also a separate beeper and not just the horn, which is nice. For under $30K new I think you'd be hard pressed to find greater value.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by rage2
    Late to the party but congrats! I've been a huge fan of the new civic's looks, everyone thinks I'm on crack. At night, with the lighting layout, it looks absolutely badass.
    tailgatyed one recently. Wife thought I was being a jerk, but I just loved that ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Ended up getting a deal I couldn't refuse which ended up being ~$100/mo cheaper than the other options. On top of that I got trade in value for my current car at the same amount I would have hoped to get privately, which was a bonus (they cut me a cheque, it was not a trade in against the new one). 4-year lease, but after 2 years they will let me return it for no penalty, or straight-swap it into another vehicle, so I have full flexibility whether it's mid-term or full-term if I decide I want a change, or if life happens.
    First, congrats on buying a manual wagon. A+ decision.

Second, what did the lease come out to?

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

First, congrats on buying a manual wagon. A+ decision.

Second, what did the lease come out to?
    Will PM you - they made me sign a confidentiality agreement.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Will PM you - they made me sign a confidentiality agreement.
    So you are like that girl who can't keep secret lol

My Ride
    ute

excellent choice. love it.

My Ride
    NC1

The new Beyond Civic is a Civic!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport