Quantcast
Concerted Effort To Discredit The Media? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Concerted Effort To Discredit The Media?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Concerted Effort To Discredit The Media?

According to Rachel Maddow there is a bombshell classified document that is being shopped around to news organizations that will implicate a specific member of Trump's administration in colluding with Russia.

The problem is: she believes it is meticulously created fake, and that it was created with the specific intent to discredit media outlets.

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ute

they dont need any help

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Huh, here I thought we were dealing with a concerted effort by the media to discredit the president...

I get so confused sometimes.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Huh, here I thought we were dealing with a concerted effort by the media to discredit the president...

I get so confused sometimes.
    He doesn't need any help

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

This all for entertainment. Hope no one is taking this shit seriously. Pretty much nothing in MSM is pertinent, but just for show.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    they dont need any help
    Like ��. They still cant accept that trump beat their crook candidate. Russia did it.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Unlike the President, who tweets random crap he reads on Infowars, proper media will fact check a document and verify it's authenticity like mad before running with it. Especially now.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Sam Harris has some pretty good discussion on the similarities between Putin and trump in their ability to throw doubt at the simple existence of truth. The shenanigans around the idea of "alt facts" and the idea that it doesn't matter what is fact, it matters what the president believes(essentially a direct quote from spicer I believe) is a great example of this.

I wish I could say Canada is better. But after the conversation around Trudeau forgetting alberta I don't think we are. Malicious intentions were fabricated on zero facts.... if you believe that Russia involvement in the US is BS yet at the same time believe that omitting alberta in the Trudeau speech was some malicious underhanded attack then you should really spend some time looking in the mirror and decide whether you want to form opinions based on fact or fabrications.
    Last edited by J-hop; 07-07-2017 at 12:43 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Trudeau was either a moron or malicious.

Neither is a ringing endorsement.

Trudeau was either a moron or malicious.

Neither is a ringing endorsement.
    Who cares about endorsement. What matters is the cognitive dissonance that people aren't comprehending

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Sam Harris has some pretty good discussion on the similarities between Putin and trump in their ability to throw doubt at the simple existence of truth. The shenanigans around the idea of "alt facts" and the idea that it doesn't matter what is fact, it matters what the president believes(essentially a direct quote from spicer I believe) is a great example of this.

I wish I could say Canada is better. But after the conversation around Trudeau forgetting alberta I don't think we are. Malicious intentions were fabricated on zero facts....
    Watching Trump get elected has given Canadians who have felt disenfranchised by politics because they didn't understand economics outside of "stop taxing me" and publicly discussing their backwards ass, racist, hateful, no middle ground, "all about personal gain and fuck everyone else" opinions used to be taboo but now they see the clownshow down south and realized how many of them there are so they have all banded together to beat the far right conservative drum and will spin anything Trudeau or Obama or climate change scientists or even just left of center thinkers do to try and take them down a peg, even if it's factually baseless (i.e. Trudeau "gave" Omar Khadr 10 million) and now they get to point to any article that disagrees with their point of view and call it "Fake News" as if that fucking statement somehow discredits anything they don't like.

The worst part is that they truly believe that is the case.

Luckily I think this is mostly an Alberta phenomenon, which makes sense as there are a lot of confused, angry people here who don't understand why the free ride is over so all they can do is blame the Government, so I doubt we'll be seeing any ridiculous caricatures like Trump get elected anytime soon.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 07-07-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Trump was the only choice.

People were sick of the elites ruling class the establishment.

Trump was seen as the anti establishment. He has rough edges but he has accomplished more this far than most presidents do in a term.

Illegal immigration is down something like 70%. The associated gang violence down. Crime rates are down and his plan is bold to bring crime down and life back to inncer cities.

These clinton parrots that are still on about hacking and russians are bought and paud for.

My Ride
    ute

Who cares about endorsement. What matters is the cognitive dissonance that people aren't comprehending
    that's the thing about cognitive dissonance. You can't recognize while you're in it.

still: Truduea was not malicious. He's just a stupid person, with a low IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Trump was the only choice.

People were sick of the elites ruling class the establishment.

Trump was seen as the anti establishment. He has rough edges but he has accomplished more this far than most presidents do in a term.

Illegal immigration is down something like 70%. The associated gang violence down. Crime rates are down and his plan is bold to bring crime down and life back to inncer cities.

These clinton parrots that are still on about hacking and russians are bought and paud for.
    lol your second sentence (regarding elitists leading the country) is kind of hilarious if you've followed trump at all. It is a great example of cognitive dissonance.

A great litmus test for you gestalt would be to ask yourself if concrete evidence was provided to you would you change your mind? Or would you write it off as leftist/libtard/SJW fake facts? Are you closed to changing your mind? Do you require Dave chapelle RKelly skit evidence? If so you are just as bad as those you criticize
    Last edited by J-hop; 07-07-2017 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

that's the thing about cognitive dissonance. You can't recognize while you're in it.

still: Truduea was not malicious. He's just a stupid person, with a low IQ.
    Because you've never made an innocent mistake in your life...

lol your second sentence (regarding elitists leading the country) is kind of hilarious if you've followed trump at all. It is a great example of cognitive dissonance.

A great litmus test for you gestalt would be to ask yourself if concrete evidence was provided to you would you change your mind? Or would you write it off as leftist/libtard/SJW fake facts? Are you closed to changing your mind? Do you require Dave chapelle RKelly skit evidence? If so you are just as bad as those you criticize
    Yeah, baseless aqusations like Putin hacked vermonts power grid, your gonna have to prove that lol. And phishing scams? Lol.

These clinton stooges are honestly make me want to throw up.

If the only way clinton coild win was by supressing the truth and hiding real news, you are the problem.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Because you've never made an innocent mistake in your life...
    I make mistakes all the time. Daily.

This is like in mountaineering: there can be simple, but high consequence mistakes, or complex but low consequence mistakes, etc. Lots of mountain climbers die making simple mistakes on easy routes, with 3000 ft exposure.

Smart people recognize high consequence situations, and ensure perfect execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Yeah, baseless aqusations like Putin hacked vermonts power grid, your gonna have to prove that lol. And phishing scams? Lol.

These clinton stooges are honestly make me want to throw up.

If the only way clinton coild win was by supressing the truth and hiding real news, you are the problem.
    I'm not supporting the Russian interference claim if that is what you are suggesting.

I do not have the facts to make that claim. Maybe they exist but I don't have them.

But at least I'm attempting to play the logical side of the coin. While you play both by claiming you have evidence of trudeaus malicious intent while at the same time discounting evidence of the same quality as yours except in this case just because it doesn't fit with your world view. Now THAT is the problem......

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The problem with MSM isn't "fake news" or falling for fake news. At the end of the day, MSM has to abide by journalistic standards so if they actually post fake news, they'll end up losing their credibility. Everything is fact checked to make sure I's are dotted and T's are crossed, and if it isn't, people get fired. Prime example, the CNN Russia retraction. Accuracy is much more important today, with the internet making fact checking very easy for the average reader.

The problem with MSM is that it's a business, and what's good business today is the Trump is fucked rhetoric. It's gotten to the point where every little move is nitpicked apart, reported on, opinionated on, followed up on. This has driven CNN to it's highest ratings ever, MSNBC with huge surges in ratings as well (beating Fox finally). It's big money, so it's not going to stop any time soon. The problem is that it gives off the impression that America is fucked. It's like web ads, you're not actually clicking on 1/2 those links, but see enough of them, and you get a sense that it's a big deal.

Take a step back and look at the US today since the presidency, and America isn't falling apart. Really, nothing much has changed, even though most people don't feel that way thanks to MSM.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast