Quantcast
First 2018 C63 AMG S Coupe In NA, Dealership Wants It Back - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: First 2018 C63 AMG S Coupe In NA, Dealership Wants It Back

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default First 2018 C63 AMG S Coupe In NA, Dealership Wants It Back

Stumbled on this video on Youtube and wanted to share this. How does this happen? Most of the 18's are still sitting at the docks waiting to be regulated

Coles Note:
    Guy pre-orders 2017 C63S AMG Coupe from Halifax MB dealer
    Dealerships calls him and says they can upgrade him into 2018MY for $10/month more
    He takes delivery
    Dealership says they messed up and want the car back, his 18MY isn't regulated to be on road yet
    They will give him SL63 loaner in mean time while his car gets regulated
    He doesn't want to give it back

Theres an after video saying the Mercedes VP Canada called him and they worked out a solution. $$??
    Last edited by dj_rice; 07-22-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Likely someone at the dock released the wrong car.

He got a loaner SL63 until the C63S is road worthy. He alludes to a discount as well.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

I think the dealer is worried more about the fine they're about to receive from transport Canada, more than anything else.
    The owner is looking at possible destruction of the vehicle as well.

That situation sucks for sure, and I wouldn't hesitate going after the dealer if anything goes further south.

My Ride
    ute

I would offer to sell the car back to the dealer.... For a tidy profit

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Shitty situation, but this guy seems like a bitch. Just take the loaner, get some cash back from the dealership/corporate and move on. It doesn't have to be a big deal; clearly MB fucked up, but he was pressuring them for a delivery date which likely caused the fuck up in the first place. I see that in the latest video he got the loaner and a deal. I suspect he was just blowing this up for his YT/IG followers, but in reality he was just going to take the deal like any normal person would.

I was about to say, This (this guy) is whats wrong with the world and boohoo. .... Plus he doesn't get his car on the day he thinks he should so he drives to the fricken port looking for it? wtf.... no one normal does that.... You're not someone special, the port does what it wants with what it wants when it wants and you get no say, so sit down and shut up and wait for them to do their things. shit happens. they randomly inspect shit all the time (2-3%) and when that happens boom, instantly 3-4 week delay every time it happened to me.

But watching the entire video he convinced me he's not as out to lunch as he sounds in the first 4 minutes; there is some legitimacy to his bitching. SL63 is technically a good offer to drive while things get sorted out, but if it does nothing for him, it does nothing for him. It wouldn't do anything for me either. That I get. I dont like that car either as it is a totally different type of vehicle (If i bought a base 911, i probably wouldn't want a panamera turbo as a substitute), and I wouldn't want to be responsible for damaging it, but if they offered that deal and some additional discount, i'd take it because why not mile out a loaner for 2-3 months that costs over twice as much new?

I believe him and agree with him too that if they are not going to put anything in writing then he's going to get screwed when he tries to collect. If your offer is going to be honored, why not put it down on paper? If you're going to offer the guy something knowing its not going to be likely honored... that's when u dont want to put it down on paper.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

My 18 E63s has been sitting in Halifax for almost 3 months now..very frustrating

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My 18 E63s has been sitting in Halifax for almost 3 months now..very frustrating
    Blame VW and their diesel cheating. Canadian certifications relies on EPA. If they're behind, we're behind.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Daaang... I think is this guy related to my Goomba face friend in the UK.

My Ride
    '16 Golf TSI

Well, he gets to mile out a nice loaner while most people waiting on that car have shit-all.... so I guess that's a plus.

BTW, props to OP for sitting through a 17+ minute video of a guy talking. I can't sit through that stuff personally.
    Last edited by acedia; 07-24-2017 at 01:13 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Blame VW and their diesel cheating. Canadian certifications relies on EPA. If they're behind, we're behind.
    CETA can't come soon enough...

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but he still has to make payments while he awaits for the car to receive regulation. That's probably one of the main reasons he's so salty lol, plus he's getting A LOT of shit from the guys over at MB world lol.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Meh when my delivery got messed up they gave me a glc300. At least he gets an amg, one twice the price, to bomb around in until he picks up his car.

Honestly this sounds like a dealership who keeps going above and beyond for their client who's hands are tied by an issue that is so far removed from them who are doing everything to get him through this.

aka. He's being a little bitch dragging them through the mud on the internet like this.
    Last edited by killramos; 07-25-2017 at 06:49 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

It's his car right? Registered and insured? If so, the asking price just became 1 million.

30 seconds in to the video and he says cAR with a hard argh like an easterner and then says coupe like a Brit. Fuck him.

My opinion remains the same after the video. Whiny fucker. Deal sounds pretty good. See how many miles he can put on a sl63.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 07-25-2017 at 12:11 AM.