Quantcast
How to Buy a Ferrari - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Buy a Ferrari

My Ride
    NC1

Default How to Buy a Ferrari

Is there a guide for this?

Do you just walk into the dealer and say I wanna buy a Ferrari?

Do you negotiate?

They have 7 years worth of maintenance included now, right? Drive it for 7 years and just change the tires and brakes?

More than I can afford but YOLO

My Ride
    ute

depends on the model. And the 7 year thing isn't quite as beneficial as it seems, overall. Ferraris don't have those enormous engine-out tune-ups any more.

But yes, you can walk in and buy one, or order it. Allocation and/or delivery time can vary a TON depending on whether you are in The Club or not, though.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Does the dealer even stock new inventory? I was under the impression that every car was ordered.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:47 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Correct me if I am wrong, but Ferrari is sold out of every production vehicle right now and you couldn't order one unless you were already in the Ferrari owners/buyer club. I could totally be wron, but I was told this by a credible source.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

I think you need to buy a few used ones from the dealer before they start taking you serious on a new purchase.

I do have a contact at Ferrari of Alberta though, if you want to get the ball rolling.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I wonder why the update to that story that the writer retracted it? Strong arm him to let him buy the car he wanted? haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:47 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Ferrari is sold out of every production vehicle right now and you couldn't order one unless you were already in the Ferrari owners/buyer club. I could totally be wron, but I was told this by a credible source.
    I think a lot of it is they actually like to give this impression....part of the Hermes Branding Strategy.

But if you were to walk in and put a deposit on one, you can get one. Just might take a while.

I love the cars, but the Ferrari market itself is somewhat annoying. An unhealthy obsession with mileage, leads to very mileage dependent depreciation (more than other supercars), and so people don't drive them. The FX has also screwed us on used Ferraris. I do wonder if the Ferrari market is going to be a big bursting bubble shortly. (Some say it has already burst.)

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Apparently it's hard, even if you're flossin':

http://jalopnik.com/5938170/how-ferr...tion-of-buyers

Top tip: dress to the nines, put on a monocle and tell them you're a wealthy industrialist named HE Pennypacker.
    Baller problems.

Step 1, go to Vancouver. While you're there eat some good food.

The article about Ontario Ferrari sounds like it could be written about Calgary. Calgary feels like it is is a money laundering front because they dont actually believe in selling products or services IMO. If you can get Calgary to let you buy something you better buy a lottery ticket because you're one in a million. I dealt with them before for buying parts, many times, and the last time was the 'last' because even when trying to order 20-30g in parts (that amounts to about 8-10 parts in Ferrari land) I apparently was wasting their time so much I still couldn't get someone to order them or let me pay for them after a week or 2 of calling every day or so. Ferrari Vancouver totally different story; ordered, account setup, and paid for within hours of calling; they clearly discovered that if you trade products and service for money, u can make a tidy profit.

I wouldn't buy a ferrari (not that i'd cash in my investments and buy a new one now anyway) based off that experience at calgary, because you'll have to deal with them for service. As far as i'm concerned if they act like assholes when you're trying to give them 20+g for <30 minutes of work, and already have spent that multiple times with them in the last few years on other cars, how are they going to treat you when you have a problem with one of their finicky shitily built products (and lets face it, these are not well made cars. infact, they're pretty terrible. YOu buy them for the badge, and looks, and you buy them for that awesome sound).
    Last edited by zhao; 08-24-2017 at 06:40 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Interesting.

Sounds like fun to make the drive out to Van yearly for the service. I could do it during my annual vacation, drop off and pick up in 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, I am who I am lol an untucked shirt (tailored tho lol), jeans and chucks. I don't know how to dress to impress so looks like AB is a no go haha

I need to do something financially irresponsible anyway to keep my mind occupied and something to chase and figured a stupid expensive car is the way to go

My Ride
    16' IS350 AWD / '93 LHD FD3S

I still cant understand why people buy Ferrari's in the first place - let alone still pursue them after these encounters.

Then again, I'd take a Huracan over a F50 so who am I to talk.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Ferraris don't impress anyways. I would hate to be mistaken as some mainlander with rich parents overseas lol.

Not sure what I would go with but definitely something really unique and badass.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Get a baby Mclaren.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post

Anyway, I am who I am lol an untucked shirt (tailored tho lol), jeans and chucks. I don't know how to dress to impress so looks like AB is a no go haha
    I think you might be screwed in van though for a 'look' as baller HK/CBC is so 2000s. I'd say the FOB mainlander look is probably what gets the red carpet brought out there lol.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    Step 1, go to Vancouver. While you're there eat some good food.

The article about Ontario Ferrari sounds like it could be written about Calgary. Calgary feels like it is is a money laundering front because they dont actually believe in selling products or services IMO. If you can get Calgary to let you buy something you better buy a lottery ticket because you're one in a million. I dealt with them before for buying parts, many times, and the last time was the 'last' because even when trying to order 20-30g in parts (that amounts to about 8-10 parts in Ferrari land) I apparently was wasting their time so much I still couldn't get someone to order them or let me pay for them after a week or 2 of calling every day or so. Ferrari Vancouver totally different story; ordered, account setup, and paid for within hours of calling; they clearly discovered that if you trade products and service for money, u can make a tidy profit.

I wouldn't buy a ferrari (not that i'd cash in my investments and buy a new one now anyway) based off that experience at calgary, because you'll have to deal with them for service. As far as i'm concerned if they act like assholes when you're trying to give them 20+g for <30 minutes of work, and already have spent that multiple times with them in the last few years on other cars, how are they going to treat you when you have a problem with one of their finicky shitily built products (and lets face it, these are not well made cars. infact, they're pretty terrible. YOu buy them for the badge, and looks, and you buy them for that awesome sound).
    This is what led me away from looking at used 458s. (That and the bubble pricing on them). Plenty of guys who left other brands for a 458 came back saying that fit and finish and build quality were the main reasons. They really aren't put together well.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Don't you just go to sketchy used car lots and look at questionable history 360s?

I don't think I'd ever want a Ferrari though... like Rolex, so cliche and diluted

Aston... or maybe mclaren, but only after the Bentley for the dd

My Ride
    This and that.

I hear there is a Koenigsegg dealership in Calgary, no?

My Ride
    16' IS350 AWD / '93 LHD FD3S

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Don't you just go to sketchy used car lots and look at questionable history 360s?

I don't think I'd ever want a Ferrari though... like Rolex, so cliche and diluted

Aston... or maybe mclaren, but only after the Bentley for the dd
    Cayman GT4 + Macan Turbo.... solid garage setup for still 2/3 the price of a diluted used 458 LOL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast