Quantcast
Shithole countries - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shithole countries

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was going to write something, but zhao said it best. 100% agree.

Remember though, its ok to lie and call people racists, fascists, nazis, women haters, etc right to their faces. That's not rude. But calling someone fat? Or claiming that a country is a shithole (why do you THINK so many people are leaving it)?

Understand, Trump was voted in because of things just like this. Frank, brutal honesty. Just because a lot of you float in "think of the children" circles where 30km/h speed limits are necessary and only white people are racist, doesn't make it reality for the rest of the population.
    100% agreed with him as well. It's not a race thing at all. It's cultural norms.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    If someone tried to tell me an obese person was just as in shape and skinny as someone competing in the olympics, I would tell them no, they are out of shape and fat. If the fat person tried saying that about themselves, I would happily tell them to their face. ANy normal person should have the balls to look a bald faced lie in the face and call it out for what it is.

haiti is a shit hole, the people living there (and more to blame their ancestors) are responsible as a group for making it a shit hole. Its not a race issue at all; white people, black people, and natives live in haiti, all intermixing, just like they do in plenty of other countries around haiti, including their next door neighbour on the same island.

Places that are not shitholes are largely due to the culture developed in that nation. Likewise, places that are shitholes are often shitholes because of their culture. Everyone is starving but your culture says dont educate the girls, marry them off at 13, have as many kids as possible, dont believe in working or producing anything, and then blame whitey in another country for all your problems? How does it do anyone good for saying ya, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anything you guys are doing, its all someone else's fault...
    That's a stretch and a half from what I originally said.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    I guess here in Canada we are so used to hairdo boy tip toeing around "sensitive" stuff that this shocks us. I don't think that Trump was out of line to say this. It is what it is..
    I don't take this as racism in the slightest. A spade is a spade.
    You don't think it's out of line for the President of the United States to refer to 3rd world countries as "Shit Holes" while working in office?

Fuck me, it's like you took someone with the mind of your average rig pig from Fort McMurray and put them as the head of state of one of the most powerful countries in the world with zero sensitivity or media training what so over. The last part is important, because I believe the average rig pig would know better than to say shit like that in office.

Some of you guys are basically okay with a delusional, backwards, demented man with the temperament and ego of a small child in the most powerful position in the world because "he say's it how it is"??? What an awesome reason to support a politician!

"Well he talks like I do when I'm making racist jokes in group chat so I like him"

Pandering to the lowest common denominator has proven to be an excellent political strategy in this day and age.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 01-12-2018 at 11:48 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Lets be honest here, any normal human being wouldn't go up to an obese person and call them fat. As the POTUS, you're held to a higher standard than some asshole sitting alone at the bar.

Yet here we are.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

If someone tried to tell me an obese person was just as in shape and skinny as someone competing in the olympics, I would tell them no, they are out of shape and fat. If the fat person tried saying that about themselves, I would happily tell them to their face. ANy normal person should have the balls to look a bald faced lie in the face and call it out for what it is.

haiti is a shit hole, the people living there (and more to blame their ancestors) are responsible as a group for making it a shit hole. Its not a race issue at all; white people, black people, and natives live in haiti, all intermixing, just like they do in plenty of other countries around haiti, including their next door neighbour on the same island.

Places that are not shitholes are largely due to the culture developed in that nation. Likewise, places that are shitholes are often shitholes because of their culture. Everyone is starving but your culture says dont educate the girls, marry them off at 13, have as many kids as possible, dont believe in working or producing anything, and then blame whitey in another country for all your problems? How does it do anyone good for saying ya, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anything you guys are doing, its all someone else's fault...
    Agreed. They are shit hole countries and the population in those countries make it a shit hole. I see where he's getting at and what he's trying to say, however, when you're head of state in the most powerful country in the world in the public eye, maybe not use the word 'shithole', lol.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

So did he pick Norway as an example of a place where he wants immigrants to come from because of the high standard of living or the type of people that would come from there?

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

The irony of this statement combined with where most of Trumps base lives and the hardships they face is golden.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 01-12-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Lets be honest here, any normal human being wouldn't go up to an obese person and call them fat. As the POTUS, you're held to a higher standard than some asshole sitting alone at the bar.

Yet here we are.
    When my son was about 5, he walked up to this obese person at a busy line up, pointed straight at her and said out loud, Holy you are FAT!

We all know trump has no filters and DGAF what other people think. He thinks he is the king of the world right now and only apologizes because his advisers tell him to, but we all know he think's it's dumb. It's entertaining none the less.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by dj_patm View Post
    You don't think it's out of line for the President of the United States to refer to 3rd world countries as "Shit Holes" while working in office?
    Bahahahahahaahaha You act like somehow it makes a difference if people THINK something versus actually express it. Look at the sexual assault scandals raging right now. Many, MANY people lauded for their "help" in liberal causes, in pushing for equality, better treatment of women. Oh whats that? Some of the very people championing the causes were actual shitheads?

Look at Trudeau, wearing shirts for Christmas mocking Christmas and Christians. Could you imagine if he wore a shirt with a picture and "Muhammad" printed below it? The main point to take away is, all of these people are just PEOPLE, including the POTUS. Ronald Reagan was a f*&king actor first, then governor, then POTUS. Putting these people on some pedestal because of them acting nicely is ridiculous. Of course, liberals do appreciate a good virtue signaling with no real substance to back it up (Trudeau doesn't want people from El Salvador LOL).

There’s important context missing. Is he talking about legal immigration and the lottery program, or illegals and refugees? Legal immigrants from Shithole countries have some of the best performance of any immigrants, which makes sense when you think of the work ethic required to jump all the hurdles to meet the requirements in a country with very little opportunities. So when he bitches about the lotto, he’s either very uninformed (likely) or just flat out racist (also likely*)

Refugees and illegals I’d give him a pass on in general except for the DACA kids. Statistics show they’re functional members of society, which makes sense considering people are a product of their environment rather than their skin color. The rest though wouldn’t necessarily be considered racist, just heartless, especially considering a lot of them are having to run away from wars or fuckery from the CIA

*before you complain that ‘Mexico and Muslim isn’t a race, abloo abloo’, my reasoning is that somehow Trump can immediately go sour on anyone for any reason and is very vocal and offensive about it....except for “some reason” David Duke and the KKK (which he needed to ‘look into before passing judgement’) and murderous nazis in Charlottesville. It’s just a little bit too coincidental for my tastes

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Bahahahahahaahaha You act like somehow it makes a difference if people THINK something versus actually express it. Look at the sexual assault scandals raging right now. Many, MANY people lauded for their "help" in liberal causes, in pushing for equality, better treatment of women. Oh whats that? Some of the very people championing the causes were actual shitheads?

Look at Trudeau, wearing shirts for Christmas mocking Christmas and Christians. Could you imagine if he wore a shirt with a picture and "Muhammad" printed below it? The main point to take away is, all of these people are just PEOPLE, including the POTUS. Ronald Reagan was a f*&king actor first, then governor, then POTUS. Putting these people on some pedestal because of them acting nicely is ridiculous. Of course, liberals do appreciate a good virtue signaling with no real substance to back it up (Trudeau doesn't want people from El Salvador LOL).
    Except you're totally ignoring the fact that someone who is fit to run a country would know better than to say that kind of shit. Everyone says and thinks stuff in private that they would never repeat in public or at their job. Yet here we are, the President of the United States doesn't have the mental capacity to think before he speaks. This isn't some sort of slip where the mic was unknowingly on and we all heard him say something off the cuff, because then yeah it's easier to let it go. No he was in an official meeting, in the west wing and he had no issue referring to countries as shit holes. It would be the equivalent of a CEO coming into a meeting with Corporate Communications and asking "why are we giving money to all of these shitty poor and sick people". Do you really think someone who doesn't know better than to say that is a good person to be running show?

But again, you're cool with it cause you say shit like that all of the time! Pandering to the lowest denominator.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 01-12-2018 at 12:04 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    There’s important context missing. Is he talking about legal immigration and the lottery program, or illegals and refugees? Legal immigrants from Shithole countries have some of the best performance of any immigrants, which makes sense when you think of the work ethic required to jump all the hurdles to meet the requirements in a country with very little opportunities. So when he bitches about the lotto, he’s either very uninformed (likely) or just flat out racist (also likely*)

Refugees and illegals I’d give him a pass on in general except for the DACA kids. Statistics show they’re functional members of society, which makes sense considering people are a product of their environment rather than their skin color. The rest though wouldn’t necessarily be considered racist, just heartless, especially considering a lot of them are having to run away from wars or fuckery from the CIA

*before you complain that ‘Mexico and Muslim isn’t a race, abloo abloo’, my reasoning is that somehow Trump can immediately go sour on anyone for any reason and is very vocal and offensive about it....except for “some reason” David Duke and the KKK (which he needed to ‘look into before passing judgement’) and murderous nazis in Charlottesville. It’s just a little bit too coincidental for my tastes
    Unless you are white.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Except you're totally ignoring the fact that someone who is fit to run a country would know better than to say that kind of shit.
    Again, apply the same standards to Trudeau and Trump. Then we can have a conversation. Trudeau insults half of Canada, "meh, nbd". Trump says countries are shitholes, which by all definitions is factually correct of the countries he is talking about, and you lose your shit.

And clearly you are incorrect. About 20-25% of the world's leaders of a variety of countries have said things as bad as Trump. I mean, if it makes you feel better about a guy who is a billionaire doing what he said he would do if he was elected, by all means insult the dude.

He quite clearly is thin skinned, and people knew going into it that he was the equivalent of a brat. Nobody cares about that. They care about RESULTS. And Trump is getting them.

Once again, all of the reasons you cite for PC speech is why he was voted in. A majority of people don't like that kind of shit. Same with the "fake news". Fake news isn't really fake, its just bullshit. And people are tired of it. Edit - Just like people were tired of the "elite" class in the early 20th century telling them how to walk, how to talk, how to dress, how to behave, as if any of that actually reflects how "higher class" individuals actually act.

Its patronizing, complete bullshit, as evidenced by how many politicians, celebrities, and people in positions of power have fallen. "Do what I say, not what I do" typically peaks around the time of someone (or a group of people's) downfall.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 01-12-2018 at 12:11 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Except you're totally ignoring the fact that someone who is fit to run a country would know better than to say that kind of shit. Everyone says and thinks stuff in private that they would never repeat in public or at their job. Yet here we are, the President of the United States doesn't have the mental capacity to think before he speaks. This isn't some sort of slip where the mic was unknowingly on and we all heard him say something off the cuff, because then yeah it's easier to let it go. No he was in an official meeting, in the west wing and he had no issue referring to countries as shit holes. It would be the equivalent of a CEO coming into a meeting with Corporate Communications and asking "why are we giving money to all of these shitty poor and sick people". Do you really think someone who doesn't know better than to say that is a good person to be running show?

But again, you're cool with it cause you say shit like that all of the time! Pandering to the lowest denominator.
    I call bullshit. My gf is brown and I'm white (50% german as well) So you'd rather have politicians who think one thing and say the opposite to make everyone feel warm & fuzzy? No wonder we have JT in power here

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I guess here in Canada we are so used to hairdo boy tip toeing around "sensitive" stuff that this shocks us. I don't think that Trump was out of line to say this. It is what it is..
    I don't take this as racism in the slightest. A spade is a spade.
    You can’t call them spades anymore!

Yeah, yeah... I know what you mean... BUT just found the choice hilarious especially with the current H&M thing haha

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I don't recall anything about this thread being about Trudeau but if you can find me a quote where Trudeau called any place a shit hole, we can talk.

The majority of people hey? How often do you or your friends bite your tongue about something because you know it would be a shitty thing to do or say? You just go off with no filter on everyone and everything? Or do you specifically go off on certain things that fit your highly apparent political leanings and then bite your tongue like the hypocrite you are when you don't agree with something that aligns with your views?

What are your thoughts on the UN guy (Rupert Coleville) who said in that video Trump is definitely a racist? Do you think Coleville is equally ill fit to be in any sort of leadership role for making a personal attack based off 'calling an apple an orange' argument?

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I call bullshit. My gf is brown and I'm white (50% german as well) So you'd rather have politicians who think one thing and say the opposite to make everyone feel warm & fuzzy? No wonder we have JT in power here
    lol what does your race have to do with anything?

There's other ways to say things when in a public forum, especially one at that level. That's what you seem to be ignoring. The whole immigration issue is another thing in itself but it's how this moron carries himself that's the problem.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 01-12-2018 at 12:34 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

lol what does your race have to do with anything?

There's other ways to say things when in a position of power
    Well, it seems that some would imply that I'm a Fort Mac redneck who is a closet racist.

I agree with you. But he said what he said, and at least we can take him at face value.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

How often do you or your friends bite your tongue about something because you know it would be a shitty thing to do or say?
    I don't, and my friends don't. I actively avoid people that are liars and two-faced. Strangely enough, it seems to be like Trump, some people like my attitude and it endears them to me, others (like yourself), get all bent out of shape when someone calls it like it is.

Ask my friends, they all 100% agree that I will speak my mind. If someone disagrees with me, they can tell that to me. We can argue about it. Maybe we'll come away with a changed perspective, maybe not. I don't need to like everybody, look at Beyond

The facts are, Trump isn't that bad, it isn't the end of the world, and he is doing what he said he would do. Is he great? FUCK no. But it was between him and Hillary... seriously, him and Hillary. In a country of 350mil people, those two were chosen as leader material. JFC. Same goes for in Canada, currently Trudeau vs Scheer. Both suck, a LOT.

- - - Updated - - -

'calling an apple an orange'

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast