Quantcast
Possible the best staged home ever listed? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible the best staged home ever listed?

Jordan, Curious what the point of the post was. Is it to brag that your better then this other realtor? Doesnt reca have guidelines on trashing other realtors or those in the industry like this?

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

RECA only fines realtors $1500 for gross negligence and misrepresentation, I don’t think they give a fuck if a realtor comments on another realtors incredibly shitty photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These are the Realtors who are stuck in the past, and still think their job wholly consists of them dragging people from house to house to show them what THEY think would suit the client.
    You are probably right. When I bought my first place my old realtor was just like that - I did 99% of the work, he was literally just a taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Jordan, Curious what the point of the post was. Is it to brag that your better then this other realtor? Doesnt reca have guidelines on trashing other realtors or those in the industry like this?
    You can do pretty much whatever you want and reca doesn't care. I recall one realtor who misrepresented a lady's house and she bought one way smaller than what was advertised. No repercussions for the realtor (slap on the wrist), and the buyer was stuck overpaying thousands for a house that wasn't as big as it was supposed to be.

Jordan is not the problem - if anything this thread brings attention to what your realtor SHOULD be doing, so that if yours isn't, you should probably get rid of them. Besides, the realtor who posted those handy-cam photos deserves to be shamed considering he's getting the same commission as a responsible realtor.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-18-2018 at 09:54 AM.

My Ride
    ute

I bet you're fun at parties.

Interesting pictures. Not sure the point of some of them unless they are including cheap ass furniture in the sale. House looks like a rental. Crappy trimming, waste high tile in toilet, overgrown bushes, cheap patio stones for low maintenance, crap on the lawn, etc. Owners might not have a chance to clean up before getting out on the market. I do like the hide out for the bins in the front though, I might need to steal this idea.

Jordan, can you remove that poop stool from the pics please?

Quote Originally Posted by botox View Post
    Interesting pictures. Not sure the point of some of them unless they are including cheap ass furniture in the sale. House looks like a rental. Crappy trimming, waste high tile in toilet, overgrown bushes, cheap patio stones for low maintenance, crap on the lawn, etc. Owners might not have a chance to clean up before getting out on the market. I do like the hide out for the bins in the front though, I might need to steal this idea.
    You bring up one positive thing about seeing photos like this - it gives you an idea of how the property was taken care of, and that you probably wouldn't want it anyway. For the same reason I kind of don't mind seeing a used car at a dealer before it gets detailed - lets me see what the previous owner was like.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by ee2k View Post
    Jordan, can you remove that poop stool from the pics please?
    Name:  squatty2.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  93.2 KB

What stool?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    RECA only fines realtors $1500 for gross negligence and misrepresentation, I don’t think they give a fuck if a realtor comments on another realtors incredibly shitty photos.
    Accountability in the real estate industry is a fucking joke.

Learned the hard way to not trust anything and to be completely self-reliant, which begs the question of needing a realtor in the first place.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Accountability in the real estate industry is a fucking joke.

Learned the hard way to not trust anything and to be completely self-reliant, which begs the question of needing a realtor in the first place.
    Yep, and don't even get me started on home inspectors.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Yep, and don't even get me started on home inspectors.
    Hah! Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but the guy inspecting our house pointed out a water "pressure relief valve" that would pour water into the laundry room if it failed (or worked I guess).

It was a valve for the old underground sprinkler system, that someone removed the handle from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Hah! Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but the guy inspecting our house pointed out a water "pressure relief valve" that would pour water into the laundry room if it failed (or worked I guess).

It was a valve for the old underground sprinkler system, that someone removed the handle from.
    Gotta feel important.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I bet you're fun at parties.
    I was genuinely curious why he thought trashing his competition while bragging about his photos made sense to him. You would expect someone who's highly recommended around here would be above that.

He could have made a post in 60 seconds that discussed what not to do, what to avois and general best practices.

Instead its look how great my listing is compared to this garbage...

I was genuinely curious why he thought trashing his competition while bragging about his photos made sense to him. You would expect someone who's highly recommended around here would be above that.

He could have made a post in 60 seconds that discussed what not to do, what to avois and general best practices.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Not to brag as most of the members here know what I am about, Its the sheer fact of the seller being ok with this....and not once did i mention his/her name

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

^^^ It also serves to show people what they *should* be getting as part of the service, so if they are stuck with a lazy/cheap realtor they know they should either be asking for professional photos or making a change.

And just so everyone else knows, you can get a complete normal-sized home shot for under $200 which is nothing compared to the numbers involved in even a cheap house sale. I do it on the side and would be happy to help any Beyonder out, point them in the right direction, or coach them on how to do it properly themselves.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-18-2018 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Grammar

My Ride
    ute

I wont speak for him, but I'm guessing he thought it was legitimately funny (it is). I also very much doubt that Jordan would consider this guy his "competition".

With very limited accountability in the industry perhaps this type of shaming is actually an effective tool.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Does the remote and poo stool come with the house? Very important...

This site is so sensitive. I found the post funny. Jordan does it right and those that have had him sell properties for them in the past know that. If you set a low standard like that ad, you can expect poor response. Anything worth doing is worth doing right and that ad sucks plain and simple.
    Last edited by civic_stylez; 01-18-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    G35

Quote Originally Posted by KPHMPH View Post
    This is exactly why I personally think all realtors are over paid for the job they do. I stand by my view of having never paid full commissions ever, nor will I ever pay full fees. They ( IMO ) don’t deserve it for the worm they do. Back in the day when houses cost $20,000 that fee structure was needed but now a days the fees need to go down when a decent amount of houses these guys sell are 500k - 2M.
    Eventually the middle man will be eliminated, ala airbnb, uber.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rvd View Post
    Eventually the middle man will be eliminated, ala airbnb, uber.
    I don't understand this perspective. (I'm not a fan of the Real Estate industry in general for a variety of reasons, so this isn't a defense).

But they aren't middle-men. They are providing a service. They don't hold inventory and re-sell. They are a service industry. (The exception is their monopoly on listing data).

So you could make the same claim about literally every industry/job that is a service job. People NEED to go to starbucks to get a coffee, becuase to date there is no sufficient way to automate the process. Every business/asset own in the history of the world has tried to figure out how to eliminate the need for "sales" in the stream of things. But it appears to be a necessary service because it still exists. If someone comes up with a way to sell better, then it will usurp the Realtor. But it will be the service they are eliminating, not a step in the distribution chain, as is implied by your statement.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast