Quantcast
2019 Mercedes Benz A Hatchback Coming to Canada. CONFIRMED - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: 2019 Mercedes Benz A Hatchback Coming to Canada. CONFIRMED

My Ride
    LNF

It sounds like your dad should look at a hyundai if he wants tech. Hyundais seem to have the best tech and standard features (heated steering wheel, seats and infotainment/wireless charging), however they usually fall behind in engine/trans and driving dynamics.

My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It sounds like your dad should look at a hyundai if he wants tech. Hyundais seem to have the best tech and standard features (heated steering wheel, seats and infotainment/wireless charging), however they usually fall behind in engine/trans and driving dynamics.
    They're on his list - the SUVs though not the Elantra/Forte. He has already resigned himself to the fact that spending $30-40K or so on a (new) car is not going to get him a driving experience like an Audi that costs over double - that isn't the expectation. Focus will be more on utility, comfort, and tech. They aren't that cheap anymore though - you can spend well over $40K on a Kia Sportage.

Car shopping is usually a very long process for us, there is just so much to consider and it's a big purchase (for us anyway). If anyone is looking for a 2016 absolutely mint, loaded 3.0T A6 with low KM let me know haha.

Back to the A Class though, looks like you can probably squeeze in under $500/mo on a 45mo lease with $0 down and most of the options assuming they move a little bit on the price.

An even more interesting thing to consider is that you could probably buy a Golf R or CTR and get hosed on the lease for 3-4 years, but turn around and sell it for 70-80% of what you paid for it afterwards, recouping most of the cost. Cash flow would suck at the time, but total cost of ownership is probably some of the lowest out there if you're successful with a private sale at the end.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-17-2019 at 03:37 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    They're on his list - the SUVs though not the Elantra/Forte. He has already resigned himself to the fact that spending $30-40K or so on a (new) car is not going to get him a driving experience like an Audi that costs over double - that isn't the expectation. Focus will be more on utility, comfort, and tech. They aren't that cheap anymore though - you can spend well over $40K on a Kia Sportage.
    Highly recommend the Kona which I also bought.
    Make sure to only look at the Trend or Ultimate trims (which is pretty much the only thing you'll find reviews for since the 2.0L non-turbo is so underwhelming)

My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Will it steer you around corners, while keeping the car dead center in the lane through the corner? If so that's great, I really didn't think it had that and the salesperson said it didn't have that. Most of the systems will just bounce between the lines, even though they technically don't need driver input, it looks like you're driving drunk haha.
    The best systems for doing this today is Tesla and Mercedes (MY2019 and up 3rd gen). This is my car driving around. Signal to lane change. The A class has the exact same system, but unavailable here (for now). See 1m mark, zero problems going thru curves on McKnight by the airport. Works well in rain/light snow too. It doesn't work in snow when lines aren't visible.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The best systems for doing this today is Tesla and Mercedes (MY2019 and up 3rd gen). This is my car driving around. Signal to lane change. The A class has the exact same system, but unavailable here (for now). See 1m mark, zero problems going thru curves on McKnight by the airport. Works well in rain/light snow too. It doesn't work in snow when lines aren't visible.
    That's awesome, and it even works in the rain and with the wipers on - impressive. No doubt a big step up from what I have now, really a bummer the A Class doesn't have it yet.

My Ride
    Grimace

That is pretty awesome. Much better than my radar cruise.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12