Quantcast
Calgary Auto Connection, Illegal lien and towed the vehicle - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Calgary Auto Connection, Illegal lien and towed the vehicle

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'll be interesting to see what happens since it looks like the buyer messed up and not the dealer.. Looks like dealers google page is taking heat over this.
    Partial story from OP's friend to give him the benefit of the doubt, with a touch of emotional connection, and shared on social media. What else would you expect in 2018?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Looks like he deleted the original post and have come to a resolution.

Name:  josh.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  57.9 KB

So how much did he end up saving? haha
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Well, you certainly can't say the social media effort didn't spur a resolution of some kind.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Well, you certainly can't say the social media effort didn't spur a resolution of some kind.
    Yea, I'm curious of what the sales contract looked like. I mean if I was in the dealer's shoes and had provisions to protect this from happening, I would've flipped the script all over social media and made the buyer the bad guy. Of course, I don't like getting fucked with, so glad to see Calgary Auto Connection take the high road on a private resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by dubhead View Post
    Seeing as how most dealers are out to fuck people all day everyday I would too.

It is quite ironic on Beyond how many guys jump all over a buyer for being an idiot, not doing diligence, poor marth that locks them into a terrible finance situation. Which is essentially how so many of these car shops make money, preying on uneducated people. But when they fuck up its now jumping on the buyer again for being shady or not being forthcoming on an error benefiting them

Either way this situation is hilarious and very interested on the final outcome/what clauses in the contract the dealer had to protect and enact on vehicle repo.

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

Well I guess that's all dealt with, I thought I had all the information which wasn't the case and for that I apologize for letting it get this far.

Can I edit this post to remove the misinformation or just can a mod just delete the thread entirely, don't need to have this bad press out there for the dealer.

^

My Ride
    e92

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yea, I'm curious of what the sales contract looked like. I mean if I was in the dealer's shoes and had provisions to protect this from happening, I would've flipped the script all over social media and made the buyer the bad guy. Of course, I don't like getting fucked with, so glad to see Calgary Auto Connection take the high road on a private resolution.
    Your exactly right. Rather than do that they took a more professional private approach and settled outside of social media. I know the owner of Calgary Auto Connection hes a well respected person and has been doing straight up business for years. I also know they have been trying to settle this matter with the buyer for several months since the purchase and hes been avoiding the situation coming up with a different excuse as to why he couldn't come in and settle up. Thats the only reason the X5 was repo'd. The dealer had to do something extreme to get the buyers attention. Clearly it worked.

He knew from the get go an error was made. The error being the lien amount was incorrect. The buyer is a manager at an RBC!!! He knows the math didnt make sense and thought he would get away the $15k mistake. Its too bad before this blew out of proportion before the second side of the story was told.
    Last edited by nytrydr89; 06-27-2018 at 04:53 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 93VR6 View Post
    Well I guess that's all dealt with, I thought I had all the information which wasn't the case and for that I apologize for letting it get this far.

Can I edit this post to remove the misinformation or just can a mod just delete the thread entirely, don't need to have this bad press out there for the dealer.
    I'm pretty sure that's not how things work around here. haha

For the record: I would have flipped the X5 the next day to clear the decks. haha

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by nytrydr89 View Post
    The buyer is a manager at an RBC!!! He knows the math didnt make sense and thought he would get away the $15k mistake.
    Yet he somehow ends up underwater on a $15k car loan. Classic.

My Ride
    e92

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Yet he somehow ends up underwater on a $15k car loan. Classic.
    In all fairness he wasnt upside down $15k. He was upside down what appears to have been $2700ish. They paid $15000ish for the trade and he owned $17700ish. I just love the ignorant people who read into one side of a story and make a judgement call. All the bad reviews on google/facebook/etc were unnecessary. Clearly the guy was in the wrong. He deleted his initial post and basically posted an indirect well thought out apology without actually saying "Sorry." The original post being deleted is a tell. Basically made false allegations and is going back on them.

My Ride
    V8s

I didn't say he was upside down by $15k.

Perhaps I should word it differently. He was underwater on a $15k car. I was poking fun at the fact you said he's good at math since he works at an RBC... which is ironic because if he's actually good at math, he'd want to pay down the loan faster than the car is depreciating.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    It is quite ironic on Beyond how many guys jump all over a buyer for being an idiot, not doing diligence, poor marth that locks them into a terrible finance situation. Which is essentially how so many of these car shops make money, preying on uneducated people. But when they fuck up its now jumping on the buyer again for being shady or not being forthcoming on an error benefiting them
    You’re just nit picking. Most of us saw the story as incomplete and just wanted to know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 93VR6 View Post

You can edit the post or PM me to delete the thread or edit the title since you’re the thread starter. Although I don’t see this as bad press for the dealer. They handled it well, better than I would if I was the owner. If anything, it’s good press for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    For the record: I would have flipped the X5 the next day to clear the decks. haha
    Ditto. But it all depends on the sales contract. I’m fairly sure the terms protected them from this mistake anyways, in which case I would be liable regardless.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I'm curious to find out what the story of the resolution is for sure.

All the bad reviews etc are crazy, cause most of those people don't even know the person involved, they just jump on the band(bash?)wagon. I didn't target the dealer at anytime(other then pointing out the massive mistake) because i too wanted to know more.

The fact is, i stick by that he is a good guy. I'm sure they were both just looking for a fair resolution, too bad they both had to do such drastic things to reach it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Do I get a cookie for calling this on page one?

The financial detective BS I deal with daily... I tell ya...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Do I get a cookie for calling this on page one?

The financial detective BS I deal with daily... I tell ya...
    I award you one cookie and half a pint of beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by nytrydr89 View Post
    Your exactly right. Rather than do that they took a more professional private approach and settled outside of social media. I know the owner of Calgary Auto Connection hes a well respected person and has been doing straight up business for years. I also know they have been trying to settle this matter with the buyer for several months since the purchase and hes been avoiding the situation coming up with a different excuse as to why he couldn't come in and settle up. Thats the only reason the X5 was repo'd. The dealer had to do something extreme to get the buyers attention. Clearly it worked.

He knew from the get go an error was made. The error being the lien amount was incorrect. The buyer is a manager at an RBC!!! He knows the math didnt make sense and thought he would get away the $15k mistake. Its too bad before this blew out of proportion before the second side of the story was told.
    This was the part of the story I think was missing and what we all expected when people were saying "the truth is obviously somewhere in the middle"
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not how things work around here. haha

+1

Such a weird situation. Assuming both were ignorant of the error until after if I was the buyer and had the dealer come back like that I would have just returned the vehicle and asked for a full refund. Why so much energy wasted and screwing around trying force the dealer to eat the cost for a freaking X5???

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I didn't say he was upside down by $15k.

Perhaps I should word it differently. He was underwater on a $15k car. I was poking fun at the fact you said he's good at math since he works at an RBC... which is ironic because if he's actually good at math, he'd want to pay down the loan faster than the car is depreciating.
    Unless he locked in such a good rate on a secured loan on a used car that he can earn more money than he pays interest?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast