Quantcast
Brett Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegations - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegations

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ofessor-letter

I think I tend to agree on that assessment.

I could care less if he raped or not. What he has shown that day should give everyone pause. Rep is about to allow a frat boy to be in the highest court of the land.

My Ride
    NC1

I'll set up the go fund me.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a two way street though, while false accusations are a real and serious issue, actual assaults outnumber them by far.

Not that it matters anyway as your boy is about to get confirmed.
    I don't like Kavanagh.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:51 AM.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

This.

This is by far the most serious issue. He was exposed as being completely unfit for the job and people are harping on the fact that sometimes there are false accusations.

How about the council of 100,000 U.S. Christian churches demanding his withdrawal? But Mr. Pro-Life Christian doesn't give a turkey, he loves power almost as much as he loves beer and Trump.

He is an ideologue driven by one goal, to repeal Roe v. Wade and to set back women's rights because he clearly hates them.
    So do you think the US should abandon its civic processes and move to a system of unfounded accusations that can dictate/influence who is fit for a job?

My Ride
    ute

His demeanor and attitude are fair play. And I think it's a worthy discussion to have. I'm also not interested in that discussion. I don't care either way. I'm just happy he won't be judged on sexual assault accusations that have no evidence.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    His demeanor and attitude are fair play. And I think it's a worthy discussion to have. I'm also not interested in that discussion. I don't care either way. I'm just happy he won't be judged on sexual assault accusations that have no evidence.

I don't doubt he was a douche in high school. Privileged white boy who excelled in academics and sports? You don't say ....

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

he definitely liked beer

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

The problem is the people not so much the system. They are so divided that they are willing to do whatever to get their ways. No one is concerned about the whole picture. No system will fix that.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Well said.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

There was a process, he was given a chance to prove himself worthy and to display the basic decorum of a judge and he failed.

Unfounded accusation are something that judges have to deal with regularly in court, obviously. But here we have someone clearly unqualified who is about to get sworn in because of partisan ideology and that is a much bigger issue.

So in regard to "US civic processes" it is too late, the US system is clearly broken.
    You did not answer the question. The question was not if the US system is broken or if Kavaunaug is a wanker. That itself is another argument.
    I can expand it slightly. Should the US or any other country that has strong civic institutions allow unfounded accusations dictate and interrupt due process?

The people around Dr. Ford convinced her that she could prove this following non civic process, and they set her up to fail. Its amazing nobody has picked up on that.
    This is not to say the assault did not happen or did happen. Ive asked the question and I will ask it again...how would the poor women even prove it? You can't.. thats just it. That does not mean the system is broken. If it could be proven it would be downright difficult. Thats the sad fact. People just downright refuse to belive that and the far left hijacks this into mob rule/ hissy fit.

What was the expected outcome in all of this? We just down the civic process and have the story of someone who thought she was assaulted dictate what we think of a innocent person?
    Think about that for a moment. The implications of that are profound in terms of law and how we police. That will stir up emotion but what is the alternative? Nobody is answering that, but the impilcations of that on society, policing and rule of law are profound.

Next time your at work and imagine getting called up to HR and threatened of being fired because a woman accused you of something you did not do. Imagine all this is based on something a few years back on what she thought you did. What are you going to do if everyone belives her without a shred of real evidence or a police investigation? Yet your presumed guilty have to prove your innocence without getting angry. If you show anger, under this system.. thats admission of guilt and that makes you unfit for your job. Let that sink in for a moment. Because that is the alternative.

Name:  2016-03-21-fc50e3a2_large.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  53.2 KB

Rape/sexual assult alligations are downright serious. False ones are even worse. You cannot base it on non evidence, non police testimony (i.e polygraph), throwing it up last minute and it should NOT be weaponised into a politcal drama or stirring up emotions. It just makes the case so weak. How did anyone think it was going to turn out? This shit is too serious for that.

The biggest travesty in all this is that the main reason Kavanaugh was picked over the other conservative candidates on the list is because he’s the only one who had a written history of declaring he didn’t think a sitting president should be indicted.

My Ride
    ute

tonytiger is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    You did not answer the question. The question was not if the US system is broken or if Kavaunaug is a wanker. That itself is another argument.
    I can expand it slightly. Should the US or any other country that has strong civic institutions allow unfounded accusations dictate and interrupt due process?
    What is the interruption of due process in this case? The Senate Judiciary Committee used their prerogative to pass Kavanaugh's nomination onto the Senate on the condition of an FBI investigation. The Senate doesn't have to confirm him just because the President nominated him, and they don't have to give any reasons for not doing so either. Nobody is entitled to a quick and speedy nomination vote. Just ask Merrick Garland.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 10-05-2018 at 01:45 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Ideological chaos is not new to the political system.

Let's see, I've never:

- Sexually assaulted anyone
    - Kept a creepy calendar
    - Cried while recalling mundane details of my father's life while he was sitting behind me
    - Showed a clear a pattern of excessive drinking
    - Tried to become a supreme court justice

I liked beer though. Still do. You like beer? I like beer.
    You forgot the renate alumnus, he lied saying it meant that she was one of them. It's pretty obvious he was lying when he said that and it's believable that it has some sort of sexual reference to that female, especially when the rest of his frat mates have it listed too. Renate also seems to believe that it has that as well when she said that it was hurtful that they listed that, and this is considering that she said she supported Kavanaugh prior to figuring this out
    Last edited by gatorade; 10-05-2018 at 03:14 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

, especially given Garland's stellar record,
    You argue against ideology, but are so deeply ingrained in one you can't see how your arguments are not even remotely anywhere near unbiased. Hypocrite much?

Edit-
    If the allegations were real, she'd have went to the authorities, not the democrats. There isn't anything else to argue. The only reason this is a thing is because she wanted to derail the nomination. Not get closure. Not have justice served. Just pure politicking on the poundmetoo movement.

Ford is a liar. I hope she ends up in jail over her perjury.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 10-05-2018 at 05:56 AM.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Lol at all the lefts crying about temperament because that's the only thing they have left to try and stop BK from getting in.

Yeah, he should be totally calm and professional while Democrats/Liberal media play a sick game to smear his name and reputation just to stop his nomination and hold the seat open.

None of Ford's claims have been corroborated and instead have been outright refuted and Democrats calling for an FBI investigation is nothing but a shitty attempt to delay things when the Senate can conduct the exact same investigation (which they did).

Lefts: If I accuse you of rape/sexual assault and you get mad, you're guilty, but if you're calm then you're lying and therefore guilty. Oh and if you don't ask for an FBI investigation (when we've conducted the same investigation and the FBI has done 6 background checks on you already) you're guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty? Nope. It's now guilty until proven innocent.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast