Quantcast
Oil Production Cuts - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil Production Cuts

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only thing that's truly scary is the Gestalt's vote counts for the exact same amount as yours.
    since it is a troll account, it might be more than 1 vote too

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    No it won't. With oil demand peaking by 2050 at the latest, there is no way any new facilities in Alberta make sense beyond SAGD/insitu production methods. Those do not require nearly the man-power to build or operate. Companies like Total that pulled out, Shell, they are never coming back. Mining sites require decades of operation before being in the black.

It's safe to say that USA will be able to get up to 15mil bbl/day at the rate they are going. Projections are at peak on the high end to be 120mil bbl/day for worldwide use. Low end is 108.

As it sits now, Alberta has the ability to pump up to an extra 1mil/day if planned expansion projects push ahead, but their timeline for doing so is short as an expansion will take 3-5 years to be up and running, we're talking at maximum a 25 year payback period before oil use worldwide begins to drop (and a serious disruption in solar or batteries/energy storage will accelerate this) and we don't have remotely close to the pipelines necessary to push that out to market which will take easily 3-5 years for any new pipelines to be built that haven't already been approved. USA can add another 4mil/day within a year or two, let alone another 20 years.

And of course, there is the holy grail of fusion which is still actively being worked on, with some promising results the past year or two, so electricity could (in theory) kick oils ass all of a sudden if 1 or 2 technology breakthroughs occur.

Until recently, I wouldn't have been this pessimistic. But the oil companies know what they are doing, and dumped Alberta like a pile of shit exactly because of these things.
    Canada in general is/will be dumped. Canada isn't going to be the hub of any new energy technologies. It isn't going to be the hub of any new manufacturing. The concept that Canada will be some modern ("diversified"..hahah) economy is a dream. All the Trudeaus and Butts and NDPs of the world did was ensure that Canada became irrelevant much earlier than it needed to.

January diffs are already seeing around a $20-25 USD/bbl improvement for streams like WCS and SW.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    January diffs are already seeing around a $20-25 USD/bbl improvement for streams like WCS and SW.
    Crazy. If you look further on though, things aren't so rosy. Futures through to end of 2019 are $25-$30. Still an improvement over $20.

Master Blaster runs Bartertown. The USA knows full well that oil is simply the foundation for a thousand other ventures of profitable production. To many, the price of oil is about as relevant as $100 or $1,000 ton of wheat is to a bread factory. It simply makes no real difference, the only thing that matters is that they actually physically get the base good so that they can make money on the finished good.

A straight up embargo would have the USA on its knees in and about 6 months. Arguably a Mexico wall would take a massive amount of energy to complete (especially if they intend to use iron pilings)

Although I'm sure to regret suggesting Tina Turner and Trump are in the same boat.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-03-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    Trumps' signature is fraud by design.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Name:  4B3CC5EA-BBAC-4EF7-ADFA-BB10869F8DF5.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  31.6 KB

Already up?
    Professionally Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    im curious.. how much is Canada making from revenue daily off of TM?
    Nothing in added value. Just the guesses that the differential might be worse

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

https://business.financialpost.com/i...s-skyrocketing

So... this seems like a win all around.

However, the vertically integrated companies have been complaining its a negative for them. Is it though? Is it only a negative in the sense that their margins are down a bit?

Any real #'s on how this affects companies with upstream and downstream assets?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KPHMPH View Post
    Name:  4B3CC5EA-BBAC-4EF7-ADFA-BB10869F8DF5.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  31.6 KB

Already up?
    Knee jerk reaction. Governoments have no idea how to manage economies, so it will fail

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    im curious.. how much is Canada making from revenue daily off of TM?
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4687849/c...untain-return/

The section showed that entities associated with Trans Mountain have raked in $70 million in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) since the feds bought the project.

This works out to annualized earnings of $200 million, the statement said.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    https://business.financialpost.com/i...s-skyrocketing

So... this seems like a win all around.

However, the vertically integrated companies have been complaining its a negative for them. Is it though? Is it only a negative in the sense that their margins are down a bit?

Any real #'s on how this affects companies with upstream and downstream assets?
    I like how in the previous version of this article it said the oil was stored in warehouses!!

Name:  OilWarehouses.PNG
Views: 425
Size:  20.7 KB
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by ipeefreely View Post
    I like how in the previous version of this article it said the oil was stored in warehouses!!
    I was wondering WTF that was about? I just figured it was nomenclature being used by a journalist who writes about commodities, "warehouse" in this case being anything to store a "product".

But definitely laughed when I first read it.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

The obvious answer is yes there is some sort of benefit. Short term. It should not have ever got to this. Notley is all for the cameras. I'd love to know what is really going on between her and federal government in the long term political strategy.

But I think the bigger picture needs to be looked at. Why is government interfering in this? A private pipeline company has been driven out and the government has stepped in to control that. Now we have government playing hero card coming to the rescue on this issue.

This is a stupid long term political strategy to create barriers in free market which in turn makes us run to a liberal government for help. Of course they are there with open arms and taking us into their bosom. In turn they interfere in a free market. This is incredibly dangerous.

Whats next..?

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    The obvious answer is yes there is some sort of benefit. Short term. It should not have ever got to this. Notley is all for the cameras. I'd love to know what is really going on between her and federal government in the long term political strategy.

But I think the bigger picture needs to be looked at. Why is government interfering in this? A private pipeline company has been driven out and the government has stepped in to control that. Now we have government playing hero card coming to the rescue on this issue.

This is a stupid long term political strategy to create barriers in free market which in turn makes us run to a liberal government for help. Of course they are there with open arms and taking us into their bosom. In turn they interfere in a free market. This is incredibly dangerous.

Whats next..?
    The Liberals are still trying to out NDP the NDP and it seems they are alienating the middle at every turn...
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Model S

Man, it seems like some of you die hard conservatives will cut off your nose to spite your face. This seems like a rare case of a win for just about everybody. Even if it's objectively better, it can't be acceptable because government?

How is solving a real problem (for once) playing the "hero card"?

Again, the cuts are less than what UCP suggested, so "makes us run to a liberal government for help" doesn't make any sense. Also because no liberals were involved in the making of this.

There is no secret long term strategy or conspiracy with the feds. NDP are out, Notley is never getting elected again. She knows this. She also knows that she doesn't know what she's doing here, and asked for advice from industry and other experts. What more can you expect?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I think most people, including conservatives, understand that market intervention by gov fucked up the market (at the fed level, with the support of the provincial level at first), and market intervention by gov (provincial) has stabilized things.

This is pretty much unprecedented, the gov has made it very limited, and it aggressively tapers off.

The NDP has done good. But fixing what you fucked up doesn't get you praise, this isn't grade school. They are still a bunch of ideological retards who had a hand in putting us in this position to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    Man, it seems like some of you die hard conservatives will cut off your nose to spite your face. This seems like a rare case of a win for just about everybody. Even if it's objectively better, it can't be acceptable because government?

How is solving a real problem (for once) playing the "hero card"?

Again, the cuts are less than what UCP suggested, so "makes us run to a liberal government for help" doesn't make any sense. Also because no liberals were involved in the making of this.

There is no secret long term strategy or conspiracy with the feds. NDP are out, Notley is never getting elected again. She knows this. She also knows that she doesn't know what she's doing here, and asked for advice from industry and other experts. What more can you expect?

My Ride
    ute

No, these cuts aren't a good thing. It's just a slightly smaller ass-blasting.

My Ride
    V8s

Agreed, the cuts aren't good at all. I think it was already said, but we have enough trouble attracting companies to do business here, the last thing we need is to be advertising a government that can't keep it's hands to itself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast