Quantcast
Alberta Separatism is starting to go mainstream - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Separatism is starting to go mainstream

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rejected Crimea.
    Your head is so far up your ass I'm surprised you can even read what you type on screen. I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt in this thread, but you are so ideologically polarized that it just doesn't make any sense to argue with you. This quote right here is proof. Canada doesn't recognize Crimea? No fucking kidding, Russia invaded and took over it.

My Ride
    ute

They'd say 'follow the threshold and process laid out otherwise we'll treat you like Catalonia' and nothing else. You're living in a dream world if you think G7 countries would openly support the fracturing of another G7 country.
    Catalonia now is the precedent for democratic process in the world. Lol.

I think it's funny that I've compelled federalists to argue that Canada is a champion fighting against democracy throughout the world. You can't make this stuff up.

I think you would have a case if you could get 15 million Canadians onboard.

Lets not forget the 1980's Quebec referendum was technically a plebecite, coming from "plebian". Plebians in places like Greece and France have much power, plebians under a crown system have nearly none. Remember Canada = Constitutional representative monarchy, Other places = Constitutional democracy, or even full democracy.

If you "ple"dged your allegiance to the Queen as an immigrant plebian, you've pretty much given up your right to complain as a verbal or even signed contract.

But if you want to try and get a few million people to march on separation, you are welcome to try.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-09-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    Cocoa $8,000 per tonne.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    If you call dying your hair weird colors and wearing skinny jeans a lot, a form of "Culture", then sure I suppose they have their own culture. I don't what to say? Yeah they have some old buildings and history, but I don't feel their culture is any more polarizing from the rest of Canada than Albertas is.

My native tongue is English, I took French immersion through grade school so I could probably fight my way through it if I absolutely had to. But I'm not so disrespectful as to walk in and slaughter someones language, especially when they already fluently speak the language I speak as well. It creates an unnecessary tension, as well as robs the person of valuable time they could servicing other customers and making more money. However what IS disrespectful, is when you're in the service industry and refuse to serve someone because of your bigotry towards the language they happen to speak. It was actually mind blowing that people would put their bigoted pride ahead of putting food on their table. Obviously not everyone there is like that, but it was far closer to the norm than the people who were polite.

How is it disrespectful to go to a place and make an attempt to speak their primary spoken language?

It sounds like you’ve maybe been to Montreal (a heavily anglicized city). Even within Quebec City I found places where they barely spoke any English.

You must have happened upon some really shitty places. Each time I go I have nothing but positive feedback in attempting to speak the language.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Your head is so far up your ass I'm surprised you can even read what you type on screen. I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt in this thread, but you are so ideologically polarized that it just doesn't make any sense to argue with you. This quote right here is proof. Canada doesn't recognize Crimea? No fucking kidding, Russia invaded and took over it.

Im just playing with him at this point.

Anyways, whether you accept the way the Supreme Court has interpreted self determination and the constitution or not this entire debate is a moot point. You absolutely will not get a majority vote on secession. That is delusional to think so, only a small minority think legitimately chasing secession is anything but a bad idea. Secession hasn’t gone mainstream, the minority are just yelling louder

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

From my limitd understanding there are two ways to separate:

- the legal/consitutional way with the feds and supreme court

- after a democratic vote, the 'fuck this shit, we're leaving' way by just closing the borders off and thus, cutting off funding to Ottawa - and then hope the international community recognizes AB as a sovereign state.

There actually is a set period of time within most Christian monarchies to ask for this sort of thing. Jubilee.

If you want to make a formal request for "land" or reallocation of land including sovereign rights, the exact date is Feb 6, 2022 if Queen Elizabeth II is still reigning. Yes, its marked on my calendar. Its also technically the date as a plebian to ask crown corporation banks - for pardons from debts (best day to go around begging if you owe money)

I would not be surprised at all if QE decided to give away a few parcels of land on her Platinum Jubilee, if you ask nicely.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1pMRC1OTjZVTmc

http://aep.alberta.ca/forms-maps-ser...criptions.aspx
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-09-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    Cocoa $8,000 per tonne.

Buster’s the one that held it up as An example of self determination Canada supported, dumbass .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Catalonia now is the precedent for democratic process in the world. Lol.

I think it's funny that I've compelled federalists to argue that Canada is a champion fighting against democracy throughout the world. You can't make this stuff up.

Catalonia is the most recent example, and also has the added variable of being a Western democracy. It’s literally the most relevant precedent there is.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    How is it disrespectful to go to a place and make an attempt to speak their primary spoken language?

It sounds like you’ve maybe been to Montreal (a heavily anglicized city). Even within Quebec City I found places where they barely spoke any English.

You must have happened upon some really shitty places. Each time I go I have nothing but positive feedback in attempting to speak the language.

In any sense, I'm guessing you don't have an answer for the original discussion?

My Ride
    ute

Buster’s the one that held it up as An example of self determination Canada supported, dumbass .

- - - Updated - - -

Catalonia is the most recent example, and also has the added variable of being a Western democracy. It’s literally the most relevant precedent there is.
    Your argument has been reduced to: because Catalonia.

I'm sure that will be all Canadian confederation would need to get through a separation issue.

Also, name calling is unnecessary.

Im just playing with him at this point.
    ah yes, the old “I was only pretending to be retarded” trick. Well done sir

I have to say, this has been an excellent re-enactment of Brexit. And hey at least hitempguy has shown that Alberta has people that are willing to follow along and even preview the future where when it fails he’d just blame everyone else for not making your fantasy scenario come true. Then again in order to help get the province back on a conservative track he voted for the NDP, so I’d be worried he’d run you down with a car while yelling “I’m helping!”
    Last edited by Antonito; 12-09-2018 at 10:36 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    ah yes, the old “I was only pretending to be retarded” trick. Well done sir

I have to say, this has been an excellent re-enactment of Brexit. And hey at least hitempguy has shown that Alberta has people that are willing to follow along and even preview the future where when it fails he’d just blame everyone else for not making your fantasy scenario come true. Then again in order to help get the probince back on a conservative track he voted for the NDP, so I’d be worried he’d run you down with a car while yelling “I’m helping!”
    No, I mean his arguments are now so narrow and pointless, I'm just having fun addressing them at this point.

I'm picturing kert's next argument: "The Supreme Court of Russia said that Crimea had to be part of Russia, so the invasion was legit."

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Your argument has been reduced to: because Catalonia.

I'm sure that will be all Canadian confederation would need to get through a separation issue.
    Pose a question, have the House of Commons approve it.
    Vote a clear majority for separation.
    Negotiate a deal with the federal government, provinces, and First Nations to create a Constitutional amendment to allow separation.

That's what needs to be overcome (as has been explained many times). Your argument is 'I don't care about that and it doesn't matter because of the time Canada supported Crimea's self-determination and the times they didn't support Taiwan and Tibet's self-determination, and the other places they didn't support self-determination, but self determination!'

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Catering to me? I think you've somehow got this the wrong way around.

If you want to live and die in the same 50 square miles
    That wasn't my point at all and you know that. Calling me selfish? You are the one that thinks everyone should eat a shit sandwich so you can have an easier time TRAVELING and the possibility of retiring elsewhere with minimal loop holes, while we're literally discussing Albertans' rights and freedoms? Me being selfish? What? Look in the mirror dude, that BC bud is going to your head

I've traveled across this country more than most have, and I don't mean by plane. I have many friends in Quebec and the eastern provinces, who I talk to regularly. Doesn't make a lick of difference that confederation has boned, and continues to bone us. And your argument against is being able to travel within Canada easier and be able to retire elsewhere? Because nobody does that in the USA already with minor difficulty

My Ride
    ute

Pose a question, have the House of Commons approve it.
    Vote a clear majority for separation.
    Negotiate a deal with the federal government, provinces, and First Nations to create a Constitutional amendment to allow separation.

That's what needs to be overcome (as has been explained many times). Your argument is 'I don't care about that and it doesn't matter because of the time Canada supported Crimea's self-determination and the times they didn't support Taiwan and Tibet's self-determination, and the other places they didn't support self-determination, but self determination!'
    you assume #1. for some reason. no need for it. "no matter how many times you say it"

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

You still ran with it, in fact, you didn't even quote him which he specifically states "if you want to stretch". Considering your posts and his, I'd be more willing to bet he baited you than you just took what he said and put it back out there. It does indeed appear you really wanted to go out on a limb there, probably because you actually believe it to be the case. LOL

You still ran with it, in fact, you didn't even quote him which he specifically states "if you want to stretch". Considering your posts and his, I'd be more willing to bet he baited you than you just took what he said and put it back out there. It does indeed appear you really wanted to go out on a limb there, probably because you actually believe it to be the case. LOL
    I went out on a limb by saying Canada didn't recognize Crimea's unilateral declaration of independence when it was used as an example of Canada recognizing the self-determination of a country declaring unilateral independence?

you assume #1. for some reason. no need for it. "no matter how many times you say it"
    It's necessary if you want to get the other side to the negotiating table. It's also the easiest part of the process. The only reason you'd ignore it is if separation isn't your clear goal, in which case that gives the justification for the other side to ignore it. Getting the federal government to approve the question adds legitimacy to the results.

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast