Quantcast
Liberal Scandals Piling up - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Scandals Piling up

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ohhh rriggghtt... and rumors have it that Trudeau is not actually Trudeau, but a reptilian humanoid from Hamunaptra put here by Russia and Libya to distract us from real issues like chemtrails, vaccines, HAARP and how the world is flat. Stay woke people.
    I thought ZenOp was stuck in his own thread!?

I've really enjoyed the Macleans coverage

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...youve-changed/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel
    No fluoride = one step closer to people thinking for themselves. No government anywhere in the world wants that.
    Dude, there's no fluoride in your water. Zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Dude, there's no fluoride in your water. Zero.
    The Bow River has naturally occurring fluoride. I guess nobody has thought for themselves around here for thousands of years.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I am loving the coincidence of China running their mouth on TV about doubting our justice system.

And Today Huawei CFO’s extradition has been formally greenlit. Lol

Enjoy the American Justice System. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

LOL ... Harper must be having a couple of beer right now:

The Harper government passed a measure 13 years ago to catch Liberal scandals. It worked perfectly
    https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...caught-lavscam

My Ride
    Bicycle

I am loving the coincidence of China running their mouth on TV about doubting our justice system.

And Today Huawei CFO’s extradition has been formally greenlit. Lol

Enjoy the American Justice System. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
    Still tough to give the Chinese a middle finger when you are doing exactly what the Chinese alleged you are doing, just on different matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Still tough to give the Chinese a middle finger when you are doing exactly what the Chinese alleged you are doing, just on different matters.
    i wouldn't say they are doing what chinese alleged they were doing.... more like "you said you couldn't stop the extradition because your judicial branch is separate from politics, but here is an example where your politics did in fact interfere with judicial. So why couldn't you cut our beloved CFO some slack?"

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    Nothing is ever going to change in any capacity without an all out uprising, I mean 70% or more of the population literally marching to parliament hill and causing major social unrest coast to coast and overwhelming whatever remains of our military, which wouldn't be hard to do. Libs, Cons, NDP it doesn't matter in the end, they're gonna bend us over one way or another. It all has to be burned to the ground before anything can improve, at this point. What's the govt gonna do then? Build prisons for 20 million + people? They can't even keep those who should be locked up, locked up! But it ain't gonna happen, thanks in part to a flu shot each year and fluoride in the water.
    @heavyfuel for pres.....errr prime minister!!

My Ride
    Edge

This is unbelieveable, although being that she is likely a Liberal supporter, it isn't entirely surprising. It really is a whole new level of "we just don't care" on the part of Liberals:

"Never say I have not done my best. After spending the week trying to whip myself into a white lather over the SNC-Lavalin controversy or even rouse some latent enthusiasm, I still conclude that it is not a scandal, or even an affair.

It is an office cubicle feud, the quietly seething-but-still-polite kind that entrances Ottawa but not the rest of us. Do young people even notice this story? No, they have bigger problems.

Check your privilege, Canada. It’s the kind of upmarket quarrel we are fortunate enough to have but it needs to end before it does real damage."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/polit...724c2LlTnUxYoo

If this is the sentiment out east, Trudeau will be voted in again.

My Ride
    ute

You read something from the Star? The Star is basically just the left wing version of The Rebel.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You read something from the Star? The Star is basically just the left wing version of The Rebel.
    It's linked on MSN's homepage. If it's as bad as that, it's still a little concerning that MSN would link to it and give it exposure.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

People respect MSN? Lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

people use and read msn? Lol
    ftfy
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

"Never say I have not done my best. After spending the week trying to whip myself into a white lather over the SNC-Lavalin controversy or even rouse some latent enthusiasm, I still conclude that it is not a scandal, or even an affair.
    It is an office cubicle feud, the quietly seething-but-still-polite kind that entrances Ottawa but not the rest of us. Do young people even notice this story? No, they have bigger problems.
    Check your privilege, Canada. It’s the kind of upmarket quarrel we are fortunate enough to have but it needs to end before it does real damage."
    But this isn't an office cubicle feud. This is obstruction of justice. Serious allegations and crimes. This columnist is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Silverado

Liberal spin machine.

Already have heard a few people say "well, it wasn't illegal".

Nice bar for the PMO

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Liberal spin machine.

Already have heard a few people say "well, it wasn't illegal".

Nice bar for the PMO
    Well that's what makes it a bit weird.

If somebody is calling for criminal charges and the RCMP to be involved because of JWR's testimony, we're seeing some classic cognitive dissonance in pumping JWRs tires for having such integrity and following the rule of law under all this pressure, but that she's also not competent (or is lying) because she's pretty assertive in highlighting the lack of illegality. Which means if criminal charges were brought forward, JWR not knowing this was illegal gives credibility to the decision to remove her from her cabinet position based on merit (or lack thereof), helping justify pressure and oversight over somebody who might not really know what they're doing (which is ridiculous).

The author is wrong because it's definitely a scandal. It's a scandal because it's a big example of corruption being legal and people are really upset about it. It's not a constitutional crisis or a criminal case, but just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't immoral or unethical which are perfectly reasonable things to have outrage over, this is indeed a situation where non-criminality is too low a bar to claim this isn't a big deal.

I think what bothers me most about all the noise around criminality is that it seems like a way to hide the lack of noise about making the first obvious changes (separate AG and MoJ roles, repeal DPAs, being able to erase illegal campaign donations so they aren't illegal anymore, even more oversight on lobbying and how former government officials can be involved with it). So much outrage over what is wrong, but so little chatter on actually fixing the mechanisms for what actually needs to be changed to prevent it from happening again when governments inevitably change again; no good.

My Ride
    Silverado

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...caught-lavscam

"The Harper government passed a measure 13 years ago to catch Liberal scandals. It worked perfectly"
    As the Liberal government descends into full-blown crisis, Conservatives could take some satisfaction that this is all happening in part because of a long-ago measure they implemented precisely to catch Liberal scandals.

In 2006, one of the first actions of the new government of Stephen Harper was the Director of Public Prosecutions Act, a measure designed to prevent future occurrences of the Sponsorship Scandal. Now, that act is at the centre of events apparently showing an attempt by the government of Justin Trudeau to halt a criminal prosecution for political reasons.

“Gerry (Gerald Butts, former principal secretary to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau) talked to me about how the statute was set up by Harper (and) that he does not like the law,” former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould said in Wednesday testimony before the House of Commons justice committee.

“I said something like ‘That is the law we have.’”

Wilson-Raybould said she was subjected to “hounding” and then ultimately shuffled out of her job as Attorney General because she failed to stop a criminal prosecution of SNC-Lavalin, a Montreal construction and engineering firm accused of bribing the government of Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi.

Specifically, Wilson-Raybould refused to overrule the Director of Public Prosecutions, an independent office created by the 2006 act in order to prevent political interference in criminal prosecutions.

Previously, Canadian attorneys general had full discretion over which criminal cases were pursued and which were abandoned. Since the Attorney General is also a sitting cabinet member, the door was left open for easy – and quiet – political meddling in the judicial process.

The 2006 act created an independent prosecution service shielded from interference. The Attorney General can still overrule the director, but any such decision has to be publicly announced.

Wilson-Raybould has done this in other cases, such as in November when she advised prosecutors to drop criminal charges in certain cases of people having sex without informing their partners of their HIV positive status. In the case of SNC-Lavalin, Wilson-Raybould decided it was “not appropriate” to overrule the director despite repeated requests to do so.

“I explained to (Trudeau) the law and what I have the ability to do and not do under the Director of Public Prosecutions Act,” Wilson-Raybould said Wednesday. “I told him that I had done my due diligence and made up my mind … that I was not going to interfere with the decision of the (director of public prosecution).”

The act was a direct response to the Sponsorship Scandal, an eight-year program in which federal monies were funnelled to Liberal-aligned contractors in exchange for little to no work. Ostensibly, the cash was being used to fund advertising in Quebec to promote the benefits of Canada and dissuade separatist sentiments.

Adding to the scandal was the sense that political interference had hampered the prosecution of those responsible. An independent prosecution service was suggested as a way to ward off future scandals.

“The reason (the Director of Public Prosecutions Act) was proposed in the last election — and I’m not afraid to say it — is that a lot of people were confused about the fact that a number of advertising agencies were pursued with legal action when one organization, which was clearly at the centre of the same scandal and benefited directly from it without any question whatsoever … was not,” Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre said in 2006.

The Sponsorship Scandal had a major role in the 2006 victory of a Conservative minority government, particularly given the Tories’ campaign promise to clean up political corruption. “Bend the rules, you will be punished; break the law, you will be charged; abuse the public trust, you will go to prison,” Stephen Harper said at the time.
    Crooked liberals didn't even get through 1 term before doing it again.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 03-02-2019 at 08:16 AM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Well that's what makes it a bit weird.

If somebody is calling for criminal charges and the RCMP to be involved because of JWR's testimony, we're seeing some classic cognitive dissonance in pumping JWRs tires for having such integrity and following the rule of law under all this pressure, but that she's also not competent (or is lying) because she's pretty assertive in highlighting the lack of illegality. .
    No, we are just seeing you be a classic retard

By doing so, she has gotten what she has wanted without the Liberals absolutely losing the next election. If people were going to jail over this, they'd be done. She's played the long game well, she is still a liberal at the end of the day and believes in their cause. As such, a non-criminal investigation and airing of the problem to the public meets her needs sufficiently.

But you couldn't understand that because I firmly believe you have no fucking clue how people function

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    It's linked on MSN's homepage. If it's as bad as that, it's still a little concerning that MSN would link to it and give it exposure.
    MSN's homepage is just a bunch of clickbait garbage.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast