Quantcast
Alberta 2019 Provincial Election - Page 39 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta 2019 Provincial Election

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what I find interesting about the numbers everyone claims is that somehow as the ndp proposes billions in spending that their spending somehow creates more revenue while anything the ucp does will only cost us more $$$.
    Klein saved money, and also cost money. It looks good on the short term, but defunding social programs, and infrastructure costs us more long term.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Klein saved money, and also cost money. It looks good on the short term, but defunding social programs, and infrastructure costs us more long term.
    Zero proof to that claim. Most social programs are money sinks. There are few instances where more spending on social programs actually leads to less $$$, at best, it gives better outcomes which liberals love.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    what I find interesting about the numbers everyone claims is that somehow as the ndp proposes billions in spending that their spending somehow creates more revenue while anything the ucp does will only cost us more $$$.
    NDP will just get us deeper in the hole that we can't get out of.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I figure the UCP will do some layoffs, and then implement a hiring freeze. Inflation should do the rest.
    Someone dive thru the proposal which will work out to be 10-12% less spending per capita. I think non-unionized staff will be hit first in 2019. Unioned staff will be dealt with as contract expires, 1st one is probably in 2020 with AHS. Basically spending will be freezed thru out so some of those 10-12% saving will be done by not spending on growth/inflation.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-09-2019 at 11:06 AM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    We are piling on $7B/year on top of the $50B (just out of my head, double check the numbers if you want to).

If you don't like the numbers you see, show me your math.
    Maybe don't make bullshit hypotheticals off the top of your head. I have better things to do than check your numbers, which are wrong. As Buster I think said, "check it yourself you lazy fuck"

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Maybe don't make bullshit hypotheticals off the top of your head. I have better things to do than check your numbers, which are wrong. As Buster I think said, "check it yourself you lazy fuck"
    Sorry, I was wrong.... We already hit $58.2B, not $50B.

Also, Kenney isn't spending less (as far as promises concern). Only freezes.

Both leading party are proposing hypothetical of balance budget by 2023. UCP's chance is higher because they are not spending more but cutting some revenue. Both are still waiting for increase royalty to save the day.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-09-2019 at 11:14 AM.

It's always a great idea to take on debt when bonds are paying out 7%.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Both are still waiting for increase royalty to save the day.
    Name:  oil-1.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  71.8 KB

Fun CanStats

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/...018003-eng.htm
    Last edited by msommers; 04-09-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Good old J&L supply. I have that exact sticker in a drawer somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Zero proof to that claim. Most social programs are money sinks. There are few instances where more spending on social programs actually leads to less $$$, at best, it gives better outcomes which liberals love.
    Social program finances are hard to quantify, but generally speaking happy and healthy people work more than unhealthy, sad people.

So far as the infrastructure part, that's easily quantifiable. Building roads, fixing bridges, upgrading facilities etc. would have been significantly cheaper in the 90's, than the 2000's after the provincial debt was paid.

Super sneaky ninja edit: I'm not saying there aren't cuts that can be made, but the last thing we need is Klein style slashing and freezing.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 04-09-2019 at 11:27 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Social program finances are hard to quantify, but generally speaking happy and healthy people work more than unhealthy, sad people.

So far as the infrastructure part, that's easily quantifiable. Building roads, fixing bridges, upgrading facilities etc. would have been significantly cheaper in the 90's, than the 2000's after the provincial debt was paid.
    People in rural area see less benefit of these program because they are not being impacted by crime as much as city folks. It's even less sympathetic to social programs because they are living out in wild ok, and why can't you.

Super sneaky ninja edit: I'm not saying there aren't cuts that can be made, but the last thing we need is Klein style slashing and freezing.
    Neither party on the surface is promising that. But it's more likely to happen under UCP after all the "reviews" it promised to do.

IMHO, I think you and I are on the same page while HiTemp wants Klein style cuts.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-09-2019 at 11:33 AM.

My Ride
    ute

As Buster I think said, "check it yourself you lazy fuck"
    Not me. It was our local poet @suntan .

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    every other state & country are currently in a major oil boom right now. Texas barbers are making 180,000 usd currently if that one article is right.

It's just Alberta that's not faring well.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

^^You're absolutely right, AB is a hurtin' unit. IMO that is 80% a pipeline issue. As a Geo, I truly wish it wasn't an issue at all.

My partner and I have talked about moving but neither of us can bear the thought of living in Texas. I went to Houston once, that was enough

Maybe Australia. Open to suggestions.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Denver
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Houston isn't bad once you live here and not visit. I hated coming here for work, but living here is good. Calgary was better when things were good.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Denver
    That's where I would go.

Getty put Alberta into a mega bind. Interest rates were very high at the time Getty channeled his future Notley, so a lot of the debt incurred had crazy yields - like 12%.

You can calculate the compounding on that. You'd take twenty dicks up your ass for your investments to consistently return 12%.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Canadians are a bunch of lazy fucks, our productivity numbers are shit compared to the USA. Our society is completely wrong on how to motivate people.

And all that built up infrastructure requires maintenance. Build infrastructure when it is needed. No more, no less, maybe +- a year or two depending on major economic events. Anything else, and you are essentially trying to time the market, which end of the day rarely works (especially for pinhead retarded government officials).

The gov needs to couch potato method infrastructure. Continuous and steady. Unfortunately, to right the USS Alberta, the UCP is going to have to throw some shit overboard. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, and if its social programs, all the better.

Not a lot of people know about the NDP funding open living houses for drug addicts to live in, as an example. Politely, fuck those people, and fuck the gov for ever putting a system (even a "test" in place like that). The system has no incentives to get people clean. Cut that shit. Same with safe injection sites.

People in rural area see less benefit of these program because they are not being impacted by crime as much as city folks.
    FOR FUCKS SAKE READ A FUCKING DOCUMENT AND NOT SOME CBC PROPAGANDA. RURAL CRIME IS THROUGH THE ROOF. *this is me tearing my hair out* In and around Wetaskiwin is one of the most dangerous areas in Canada, pick up a damn lefty Maclean's magazine and even it will say that. Pull your head out of your ass.

I'm taking my frustration out on you because you LITERALLY represent the problem with misinformed, non-critical thinking Canadians. You shouldn't be allowed to vote you are so woefully misinformed over basic, non-politicized facts its insane.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 04-09-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Some serious political rhetoric in this thread coming from folks who voted NDP last time around

you blame the ndp for funding safe Injection sites as well as other drug programs?? Of all the things I dislike about the ndp this would not be one of them.

You complained about crime in another post. Guess what's fueling crime in general?? Drugs. Guess what would help this?? More programs for people to get help when needed.

Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast