Quantcast
Alberta 2019 Provincial Election - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta 2019 Provincial Election

My Ride
    Silverado

Like when he took in a bunch of gay refugees?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Pretty sure Kenney is very fond of gay people.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Because they are minors, and parents are responsible for minors.

The legislation isn't about kids, or clubs, or anything. Club away kids! It's about whether schools are required to keep secrets from parents.
    I think the act and idea about it being a safe secret from parents is a bit of a stretch to begin with. As my kids are a little older now, I know that kids talk, parents talk, neighbours talk.
    I know more than I want to know about the other kids and parents in the school. If any kids join a GSA, containing it as a secret with CIA like lockdown is pretty
    much impossible. That being said I'd rather hear it from a teacher than learn something about my own kids through gossip as well.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Pretty sure Kenney is very fond of gay people.
    He's pretty much full Nenshi isn't he?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The fact there is no ground rules and oversight is exactly why parents should be notified!! Jesus Christ
    No, it isn't. Just because there needs to be oversight, doesn't mean the parents need to be notified ffs. I'm sorry the world isn't as black and white as you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    He's pretty much full Nenshi isn't he?
    If you mean nothing but rumors, than yes. The most plausible being that he's so religious that he's voluntarily celebate to compensate for being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    No, it isn't. Just because there needs to be oversight, doesn't mean the parents need to be notified ffs. I'm sorry the world isn't as black and white as you want it to be.

If you mean nothing but rumors, than yes. The most plausible being that he's so religious that he's voluntarily celebate to compensate for being gay.
    There is zero talk on adding additional over sight... this isnt on the table with the ndp.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    I think the act and idea about it being a safe secret from parents is a bit of a stretch to begin with. As my kids are a little older now, I know that kids talk, parents talk, neighbours talk.
    I know more than I want to know about the other kids and parents in the school. If any kids join a GSA, containing it as a secret with CIA like lockdown is pretty
    much impossible. That being said I'd rather hear it from a teacher than learn something about my own kids through gossip as well.
    Haha i know the drama with kids all too well. My son came home discussing new flyers that got put up on pink shirt day. Guess the school decided pink shirt day was LGBTQ day.

There was one poster that shared acronyms for lgbtq2s+
    It asked kids to use gender neautral pro nouns and encouraged kids to ask if they didnt know what pro nouns to use. It said not to assume someone's gender. It went on and on.

Then beside that poster there was another one telling kids to be who they were and to help others be like them too.

Conversation with the kids went a bit sideways in the school and caused a lot of confusion amongst the younger kids.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ng-around-poll

There are newer numbers that put support for gay rights in the mid 70th percentile now. I don’t believe this is the sort of thing that needs protecting. We have a group of impressionable members of a volunerable population who’s only true protection is their family. I respect that there are parents out there who abuse their kids, they will do it whether this exists or it doesn’t.

I have to believe as a parent, that all parents want is for their children to be safe and happy. The way the law is states that it is likely not the case. It’s not about the school telling me what I want to know it’s the insinuation.

Our children talk to us about everything, even at a young age. We know them and I will probably be able to tell if they are straight or gay,and I agree if they trust me they will talk to me about it. This isn’t about that though.

True conservative beliefs in my mind is about the government interfering as little in our lives as possible as long as we are not doing harm. This applies to me as a parent and to anyone else that chooses whatever lifestyle makes them comfortable. Liberal or NDP views are about the state knowing better for me than I do, which I have never agreed with. None of us are perfect but we should still have free will.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    A GSA is meant to be supportive. An "Alliance." It's a group to protect you from the abuse from classmates and other people in your lives. What you describe is exactly why a GSA exists. So what more dialogue do you need? What's your point?
    The point is you made a comment that essentially boils down to the government needing to protect kids from their own parents to prevent suicides. Despite the glaring fact that kids are far more likely to commit suicide based off of things that happen to them at school. My comment had nothing to do with being against GSA's, it was to outline the absolute hypocrisy of your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Lol wut? Grade 6 is 11-12 year olds barely out of the "icky girl" stage.

Yea, grade 7 up I get that, but no kid is questioning their sexuality in grade 5 without some serious indoctrination on their parents part
    This is a big LOLWUT itself. Maybe some kids don't know what gets them going till they're older, but I'd fancy a guess that is not the norm. I knew full well I was into girls when I was 5. I didn't know what I would do with them, I just knew I liked them. So with the major push in society to normalize homosexuality, it's not hard to understand that a young child would be able to normalize their feelings for the same sex.

But I don't see any reasoning for GSA outside of highschool.

The point is you made a comment that essentially boils down to the government needing to protect kids from their own parents to prevent suicides. Despite the glaring fact that kids are far more likely to commit suicide based off of things that happen to them at school. My comment had nothing to do with being against GSA's, it was to outline the absolute hypocrisy of your opinion.
    Except the government is doing something to protect them at school by mandating that a GSA be created when there's a request for one (as particularly the religious schools would either reject them, or delay their approval). Like I said, what you describe is why they exist in the first place, so where's the hypocrisy?

Except the government is doing something to protect them at school by mandating that a GSA be created when there's a request for one (as particularly the religious schools would either reject them, or delay their approval). Like I said, what you describe is why they exist in the first place, so where's the hypocrisy?
    It's gone from supporting kids to telling kids gender is a bad thing. Use my kids school as an example where kids in elementary were coming home saying they cant call their teacher Mr or Mrs. Cant call other boys a boy..

They were being told they had to use gender neutral pro nouns. Wtf??

When you read the flyers it looked like they were encouraging kids to help others be whatever they were as well.

Curious at what age do we want these discussions happening? Is elementary too early? Is it proper to plaster the school with flyers and then leave it to the kids to figure out on their own???

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I fucking love elections, I think they are an awesome priviledge to be part of. So I've signed up to work at my local polling station on election day.

I will keep updating this thread as polls come out, but I'm going to try not to get drawn into the black hole of debating social issues. The rest of ya can giv'er.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Some budgeting remarks surfaced across my FB feed yesterday and one was linked here:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...data-1.4559769

NDP sure as fuck have spent a lot of money. During the 80's, it was relatively worse. O&G has contributed the lowest % of the total revenue in over 20 years.

Maybe for Alberta to get greater EQ payments, we just need to dive-bomb further into debt and state we now have a "need" for higher transfers because the province can no longer "sustain" the interest payments without help.
    Last edited by msommers; 03-29-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I fucking love elections, I think they are an awesome priviledge to be part of. So I've signed up to work at my local polling station on election day.

I will keep updating this thread as polls come out, but I'm going to try not to get drawn into the black hole of debating social issues. The rest of ya can giv'er.
    I get to vote for the first time since I got my citizenship.

My Ride
    Lariat

Breaking News just announced in regards to the election,

Due to a very high number of expected voters, the province is asking that people who intend on voting for the UCP show up to the polls on Tuesday, April 16, and if you plan on voting for NDP or any other party to show up the following day, Wed April 17.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Except that the GSA stands to be just as much(if not more) a threat to these confused children. That makes your statement hypocrisy.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

, but I'd fancy a guess that is not the norm.
    Well your guess would be wrong. Adolescence, defined as 10+, is when sexual development occurs. Dunno what to tell you, I'm just following psychological standards. And I've polled a lot of my friends on this (men and women) as it definitely is an interesting topic to from a psychology standpoint.

There are many reasons you could have been like that. But from a sexual perspective, unlikely.

Except that the GSA stands to be just as much(if not more) a threat to these confused children. That makes your statement hypocrisy.
    Except it doesnt, you’re just making shit up now.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Some interesting charts from msommers cbc link.

Always interesting talking to some people that think its (entirely) our current governments fault we're in debt but the trend has been happening since 2018 gradually.

Also quite interesting seeing how much O&G has fallen as part of our overall revenue.

My Ride
    Silverado

The red torries were shit too no doubt

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast