The MTB Thread - Page 46 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: The MTB Thread

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    7-27 x A Stone’s Throw is a great EMTB loop for some flow
    Assume park at the base of MM road, ride the 4km up and then back down on those two? Only ever been out there to go to the shell plant haha..

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Assume park at the base of MM road, ride the 4km up and then back down on those two? Only ever been out there to go to the shell plant haha..
    Yeah, if it’s busy take pneuma up instead of the road (the dust and traffic is an absolute hazard at peak times). Pneuma also isn’t a “black” climb till above 7-27

Alternatively you can park at station flats and do stone’s throw and then climb up to 7-27 and back. No real benefit besides easier parking

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Fish Creek hills, i Remember them being a fucking grind with no help for sure haha.. I downloaded the app, thanks for the pointer.. Boost is already maxed out though

I'd like to go ride some more flowy shit sometime soon! I'll never be a jumps guy, but need to get out further than Fish creek haha. Just need to convince my buddies to get e-bikes now that they're on sale.
    I still have to try FC one day soon. If you want flowy then 727 is a good one but that ride up might be pretty nasty if you're having a hard time at FC, just guessing that FC isnt that bad of a climb lol
    As mentioned by ercchry, that dirt road up could be very hazardous so be careful and avoid if its busy

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Yeah, if it’s busy take pneuma up instead of the road (the dust and traffic is an absolute hazard at peak times). Pneuma also isn’t a “black” climb till above 7-27

Alternatively you can park at station flats and do stone’s throw and then climb up to 7-27 and back. No real benefit besides easier parking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Going from 36 to 38 was a way bigger upgrade than I was expecting.
    yes/no... on an ebike and anything >160 yeah. The added stiffness in my bike kept me in that 35/36 stanchion size as I spend as much time navigating flow/climbing as I do down.

As good as the Zeb is, its hard to say the Lyrik Ultimate may not be a more appropiate fork for most bikes in East rockies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    I destroyed my ankle having too much fun on Saturday ��. Not looking forward to rehab at all.
    shit... get better mate.

- - - Updated - - -

any tips fella's on getting 'stronger'? Over the last few years, I can see incremental progerssion, though I am 42 now, so its very gradual... I can kinda handle more time in peak zones i.e. >162 BPM, lasting onwards of >50 mins if I eat my wheaties, but my times aren't showing that 'much' faster... DAMN you strava.

In the winter I do lift weights, play hockey which I think contributes to added muscle, which may be adverse to aerobic strenght... so is it, just grab a trainer, lose weight and keep at it?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

From what you’ve posted… fat bike

Not having an off season was a massive shift in my fitness, plus it’s pretty fun. Something like jewel pass in the winter is a giant 8km roller coaster of good times

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Zwift and a trainer on a program will increase fitness over winter vs maintaining. The training programs are solid. Add that to weights and hockey and you’ll be in wicked shape. I’d almost guarantee that you’re aerobically deficient and need to spend a lot more time in Z1 and Z2 to build your base which MTBing is generally bad for. That being said losing a few kg is always gonna make you faster uphill (I know I could lose a pile after surgery/beer)

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Zwift and a trainer on a program will increase fitness over winter vs maintaining. The training programs are solid. Add that to weights and hockey and you’ll be in wicked shape. I’d almost guarantee that you’re aerobically deficient and need to spend a lot more time in Z1 and Z2 to build your base which MTBing is generally bad for. That being said losing a few kg is always gonna make you faster uphill (I know I could lose a pile after surgery/beer)
    This man knows

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Family guy is also a good flow-y trail that isn’t very techy. 7-27 is awesome but this year it is in kinda rough shape with brake bumps and general wear and tear. Needs some love from the amount of traffic it gets.

Also. Merlin at WBC. Mandatory ride, be so easy with E.

^^The E is the only reason ive ever been up merlin lol If you've got an E or can climb like a man, do the Kestral ride at the top of merlin, that was a fun one too
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

merlin isnt a hard climb, but would probably be like 3 minutes from the clearing to the top on an e bike

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    ^^The E is the only reason ive ever been up merlin lol If you've got an E or can climb like a man, do the Kestral ride at the top of merlin, that was a fun one too
    Merlin down > Kestral, but Kestral > for a longer and nice flowey ride after that climb up to Merlin

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Family guy is also a good flow-y trail that isn’t very techy. 7-27 is awesome but this year it is in kinda rough shape with brake bumps and general wear and tear. Needs some love from the amount of traffic it gets.

Also. Merlin at WBC. Mandatory ride, be so easy with E.
    I dont find 7-27 difficult to ride technically, more that the spacing is so inconsistent that it actually makes it difficult to ride cleanly.

You start to gauge your speed off the table jumps, just to go and try clear a double and end up casing them. I dunno, I started riding this year so i cant comment too much but i find the speed needed on other trails on moose to be much more consistent. Loving the switchyard and features on ROS, TDub and Jean guy much more.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Flight 66 has to be the most inconsistent timing of all the moose trails

The refreshed RoS has been great though, besides that wall ride on fraggle haha

My Ride
    '14 Taco

least flight66 isn't beat to hell, 727 in may is so awesome when its nice and smooth and by now its just a boneyard of rocks and brake bumps before every single feature. Still a great trail but definitely a loved to death one (think 727 gets more rides then most of the other moose trails combined, plus people definitely refuse to go home if that trail is wet)
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 09-07-2023 at 02:21 PM.

merlin isnt a hard climb, but would probably be like 3 minutes from the clearing to the top on an e bike
    I wish I could say merlins easy lol I cant climb worth shit and the suffering of even trying takes the fun out of it. Its a quick easy one for sure with an E, i was able to do the braggin merlin loop in 43 mins(starting from the entrance at the lot and ending there)

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    Merlin down > Kestral, but Kestral > for a longer and nice flowey ride after that climb up to Merlin
    We were able to do both, went up merlin then hit kestral down to tom snow and then back up merlin and down merlin. We almost went back up merlin again but it was getting dark lol

Anyone here ride Cloudline in Canmore yet? New trail built by CAMBA. Its just East of Highline and connects near the fire road by Stewart Creek. Fantastic trail!
    Trailforks

Quote Originally Posted by MOB68 View Post
    Anyone here ride Cloudline in Canmore yet? New trail built by CAMBA. Its just East of Highline and connects near the fire road by Stewart Creek. Fantastic trail!
    Trailforks
    Know someone who did. Liked it, pretty flowy and said it'll be the most popular trail in Canmore once people find it.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

This is following me home some time this week. Couldn’t convince myself to go E yet. Norco Sight C2
    Good choice forgoing the battery yet I've got an Optic which has treated me well, but the Sight would be a nice upgrade for the trips to BC.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Name:  Checkout  CANYON CA.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  37.8 KB

Wife is looking at a bike and sent me this. There must be a certain percentage of overseas parts or something on these bikes that really blows up the Duty side

What bike model is this one?

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 ... LastLast