Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Page 65 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1372

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

After years of replacing defective Model 3 steel stamped front UCA's, Tesla finally got wise and made a cast piece with the ball joint more protected from water. It seems that Elon's vehicle design engineers don't learn from their mistakes. That said 99% of these will spend their lives on pavement only.
    Last edited by heavyD; 11-14-2023 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After years of replacing defective Model 3 steel stamped front UCA's, Tesla finally got wise and made a cast piece with the ball joint more protected from water. It seems that Elon's vehicle design engineers don't learn from their mistakes. That said 99% of these will spend their lives on pavement only.
    As long as it goes 0-60mph in 3 seconds flat so it is a touch faster than the Rivian R1T, nobody will care about the rest of it

Also, is it just me, or is the overall design of the CT not innovative at all? I was expecting the design to mature a bit and be a lot more clever. Putting the aesthetics aside for a moment, and just looking at it objectively, it really doesn't look like a well refined design.

It looks like a backyard project where somebody tried to weld an aluminum boat hull up-side down to an old Bronco frame.
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 11-14-2023 at 01:58 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Arash-truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Trucks

Is the Tesla truck supposed to be quicker than the Hummer EV (1000hp, 9000 lbs)? Hoonigan ‘this vs that’ just had one on a drag strip and it whipped a Raptor R (700 hp supercharged 5.2L)

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Is the Tesla truck supposed to be quicker than the Hummer EV (1000hp, 9000 lbs)? Hoonigan ‘this vs that’ just had one on a drag strip and it whipped a Raptor R (700 hp supercharged 5.2L)
    I feel like it has to be, otherwise it will be seen as a failure

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The Tri-motor version likely has the Model S plaid drive train. 1020hp. Wouldn't put it past Elon to have it make 1200 or more.

Tesla Guru’s,

I’m kicking around the idea of buying a used model 3 standard range. I believe it would be a savings of ~7-10k over new msrp and is 1 year old with ~20k on it.

Is the 7-10k savings worth it over new(post rebates)?I imagine depreciation on these is quite low?
    What to look out for when buying a used Tesla? Other than a carfax/lien check etc.
    What should it come with? Charger?
    Warranty transferable?
    I will read through the thread to better educate myself, however, curious as to thoughts of current owners and if this is a viable option for my daily commute of 130km?

Thanks!
    Last edited by importracer; 12-02-2023 at 08:39 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Is 7-10k savings before or after the 5k rebate for new EVs? You would likely need to buy a level 2 charger and have it installed, I doubt they'd remove theirs and give it to you and I don't think they include one with the car even new. Depreciation on them has actually been quite high due to Tesla cutting the price of new ones. Some people bought new and then had the msrp dropped significantly shortly after which pushed used prices down too.

Sorry, should have mentioned it was post rebate for the savings. (Basing numbers from Teslas advertised price online with GST, and taking the 5k rebate into account)
    Last edited by importracer; 12-02-2023 at 08:40 PM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by importracer View Post
    Tesla Guru’s,

I’m kicking around the idea of buying a used model 3 standard range. I believe it would be a savings of ~7-10k over new msrp and is 1 year old with ~20k on it.

Is the 7-10k savings worth it over new(post rebates)?I imagine depreciation on these is quite low?
    What to look out for when buying a used Tesla? Other than a carfax/lien check etc.
    I will read through the thread to better educate myself, however, curious as to thoughts of current owners and if this is a viable option for my daily commute of 130km?

Thanks!
    Pricing is not 'low' right now. Tesla will provide factory incentive like they did a few months ago. They had an additional 5k and then the iZEV 5k off. you could get into a Standard Range car for mid 40s new.

I see that coming back to bolster sales numbers.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by importracer View Post
    Tesla Guru’s,

Warranty transferable?

Thanks!
    FYI, search inventory units. There are claims that some on the lot depends on stock level have up to $5K off from MSRP. Add $5K from the Feds, making used cars being only $10K less pointless.

Also, right now Elon is pushing 6 month free Supercharger to boost sales. If he get desperate enough, more discount may come before 2023 is out.

Going forward, residual of EV is a big question. Don't buy one if you want to rely on high resell value. It may not be the case.

Chargers are optional on new purchase. So used cars may not come with them.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-03-2023 at 11:39 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yes, I wouldn't use recent residual values as an indication of future ones for EV's particularly. Residual on technology products is generally low, and that may be a more reasonable analogue.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Going forward, residual of EV is a big question. Don't buy one if you want to rely on high resell value. It may not be the case.
    Name:  teslay.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  87.1 KB

This is Calgary stock. All at ~$5K off depends on equipment. This makes all the used Model Y LR posting up for same price pointless, especially it's not private sell and GST in play without fed rebate. And we all know it can only go cheaper going forward as Elon is ready to decontent the next version on refresh (removing stalks, move to gigacasted body etc).

Now Model 3 has less stock so discount is less.

And Model 3 SR is Made in China with LFP batteries. Read up on pros and cons of that kind of chemistry in AB winter. It may be fine in Vancouver but in Calgary, you may have a bit range anxiety when it's cold.

Used Tesla market is a mess since introduction of LFP Chinese units in 2023. So depends on the year of used car, your range may differ.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-03-2023 at 08:19 PM.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I think once the facelift comes out, the old style will have another price drop. Just something to consider before buying. Keep an eye on the inventory as mentioned, a month ago there were a lot of model 3s available at pretty good prices.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

end of quarter / end of year rush.

There is already $5K off in stock Model Y. There will probably be more incentives coming next week.

Looks like all the Tesla Cybertruck reviewers/journalist/influencer videos dropped this weekend

It is clearly faster than the Hummer and Rivian, like significantly enough it matters. Plus it seems to have decent range, towing, and even a pretty deep box.

A few of the reviewers were saying the panel fitment isn't great, but honestly I kind of give Tesla a pass on this one given the exterior finish.

Still ugly as fuck, and I personally hate it on the sole principle it is made by Tesla, but objectively it kind of seems like Elon pulled it off.

Thoughts?

My Ride
    ute

was the stainless body really necessary?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The engineers have claimed it is but I'd guess they started with it having to be that design and found reasons why afterwards. I'm still not sure what I think of it, looks wise it seems silly but I do want to see what it gets for towing mileage before I have an opinion of it. It really doesn't matter how much it can tow if it can only do 100kms while towing it like the Lightning. The original estimate, 4 years ago when the truck was announced, was 500 miles and 250 with towing. But with the truck alone dropping into the ~300 mile range is not a great start. They have already announced a range extender for it, an extra battery you drop in the truck bed to get a boost of range. It'll be in the 500-1000 lb range though so more of a permanent add on then a drop it in for the weekend type.

Another interesting point of note is they've already said this thing won't be able to be sold in Europe. Passenger collision laws won't be passable with the way the front end is designed. This may be a NA-only vehicle in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I figured it would be like a cookie sheet, but apparently it is fairly heavy gauge. The doors don't even have internal crash bracing, which is kind of crazy when you see the crash videos.

Skip ahead to the 22 second mark on this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTN4...hannel=DPCcars

I am not sure if I am impressed by the lack of damage, or terrified.

This thing is going to tear through cars, pedestrians, and buildings like butter when people accidently hit the accelerator instead of the brake. They are putting a lethal weapon in the hand of arguably the worst drivers on the road.
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 12-04-2023 at 11:11 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm starting to lean towards the "Elon pulled this off" side of the spectrum here. Let's see if he can ramp up production volumes to any kind of reasonable level in the next few months. That's the next hurdle.

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast