Quantcast
Scheer is out...who's next? - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 323

Thread: Scheer is out...who's next?

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,240
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I dont think we in Canada have been 'indoctrinated' with the Marxists notions the last few decades - but there is a large pushback now against these ideologies by the silent, non vocal majority who go to work and/or raise their 2.1 kids. We are tired of the mass media telling us to be offended at someone who dare speak common sense (like Jordan Peterson).

    Whats happened is that we as a society have evolved naturally to being allowed more freedoms (eg. from the 1950s onward) and choices - and when these freedoms/choices are removed, its a problem.

    Point of reference - in Europe during AD 500 -1000 (something along those lines) it was acceptable to put down (even healthy) newborns that weren't baptized yet.
    Last edited by revelations; 08-14-2020 at 02:37 PM.

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lol to the anonymous negative rep comment: "Keep your drivel in church"

    Do you have the guts to discuss this or is this all you got? I have said nothing about church nor is what I've said exclusive to those who are religious. There are all types on all sides of this discussion.

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think we in Canada have been 'indoctrinated' with the Marxists notions the last few decades - but there is a large pushback now against these ideologies by the silent, non vocal majority who go to work and/or raise their 2.1 kids. We are tired of the mass media telling us to be offended at someone who dare speak common sense (like Jordan Peterson).

    Whats happened is that we as a society have evolved naturally to being allowed more freedoms (eg. from the 1950s onward) and choices - and when these freedoms/choices are removed, its a problem.
    I certainly agree that once these freedoms and choices are removed, or threatened to be removed, it's a problem. But at least some of these freedoms are harmful to society.

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Point of reference - in Europe during AD 500 -1000 (something along those lines) it was acceptable to put down (even healthy) newborns that weren't baptized yet.
    Interesting. I haven't heard of that before. Genuinely curious if you can dig up a reference.

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,240
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I certainly agree that once these freedoms and choices are removed, or threatened to be removed, it's a problem. But at least some of these freedoms are harmful to society.



    Interesting. I haven't heard of that before. Genuinely curious if you can dig up a reference.
    Ah but in context "some of these freedoms are harmful to society" - for eg. late term abortion, definitely cause no harm to existing society. And there in lies the choice - you can CHOOSE not to partake in abortion (or drugs, etc.).

    And the baptism was in some old historical annal I read years ago. Its definitely not that out of place though as many locations around the world used to kill children, before abortion and birth control was available. There was only enough sustenance for a small family in many cases.

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah but in context "some of these freedoms are harmful to society" - for eg. late term abortion, definitely cause no harm to existing society. And there in lies the choice - you can CHOOSE not to partake in abortion (or drugs, etc.).
    Well, I must respectfully disagree. If abortion is murder, then it most definitely is harmful to society that we allow the murder of the most defenseless and vulnerable persons of our society. That is about as bad as a society can get. Not to mention the number of potential geniuses, world leaders, scientists, etc., that could have potentially benefited society had they been allowed to live. Consider if Wilberforce, MLK, Gandhi, or any other of countless historical figures had been aborted how that would have impacted society. And to do it to turn a profit...

    Anyway, I was thinking broader than that. We give people the right to choose to smoke, do drugs, or eat whatever they want, but look at the harm it does to society--the monetary cost, the emotional and psychological harm it can do to the person and those around them, etc. Not that I am necessarily arguing we shouldn't allow people to choose those things (although I do think smoking should be banned), but just pointing out that allowing people to have certain choices can have negative consequences for society. We could also consider pornography...

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the baptism was in some old historical annal I read years ago. Its definitely not that out of place though as many locations around the world used to kill children, before abortion and birth control was available. There was only enough sustenance for a small family in many cases.
    That would have been an interesting read. I'll have to do some Googling. Yeah, even Greco-Roman society used to abandon or kill unwanted babies. It was Christians that started to save the babies, hence the founding of orphanages. Abortificants were available back then, although I'm not sure effective they were.


    I have completely lost faith in politicians and the political system in Canada. It's an exercise in futility. Every party is going to do what they want to do, regardless of what their constituents think. Out West, we have no say anyway. As far as PC leadership, I just hope MacKay doesn't get in. Lewis might be best to drain the swamp but I wouldn't bet on it if she gets in.

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Is it possible to inject little humour into the abortion debate? I'm not sure... I sometimes have a hard time reading a room...

    Bob Blakeborough

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,017
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it possible to inject little humour into the abortion debate? I'm not sure... I sometimes have a hard time reading a room...

    Lololololol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .
    No brain = no consciousness = not a person. A bundle of cells is not yet a person and does not have the same rights as a person. Therefore, abortion is not murder unless the bundle of cells has graduated into a conscious being.
    Interesting, so.you agree with most conservatives that after 4-5 months, abortions should be illegal as a baby can survive outside the womb at that point.

    Unless you believe consciousness starts at literal birth. Which would be such a completely against logic opinion to have that you couldn't possibly believe that, could you?

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,349
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless you believe consciousness starts at literal birth. Which would be such a completely against logic opinion to have that you couldn't possibly believe that, could you?

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hook line and sinker
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

  11. #271
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    This thread makes me think we haven't been doing enough abortions.

  12. #272
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,240
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I must respectfully disagree. If abortion is murder, then it most definitely is harmful to society that we allow the murder of the most defenseless and vulnerable persons of our society. That is about as bad as a society can get. Not to mention the number of potential geniuses, world leaders, scientists, etc., that could have potentially benefited society had they been allowed to live. Consider if Wilberforce, MLK, Gandhi, or any other of countless historical figures had been aborted how that would have impacted society. And to do it to turn a profit...
    .
    You are making an emotional argument against the right to have a choice. This is another example of how both sides, cannot accept that more freedom is the greater good - from the perverse PC culture of the left to the abortion debate from the right.

    I would argue from an emotional position that woman/family who does not want a child (ie. wants an abortion but is denied) may make as little attempt as possible to care for said child and then the child has a good chance of becoming a problem for society.

  13. #273
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,567
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  14. #274
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if they are just a burger flipper, they can still make common sense decisions based on the advise of their staffers - which is all the position is (or should be).
    More power to the Gerald Butts of the world, I guess.

    The relationship between the Civil Service and the Government is the main conflict point in Yes, Minister


  15. #275
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,290
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    We just need two sets of rules/laws/punishments like in those other countries.

    Whatever party you identify with are the laws you’re subjected to lol

    max_boost is a name known to all
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or the max boost portfolio lol xqq/hmmj/arkk/xgro/strathmore/Chinese food lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is diversification in a nut shell. Equity, Fixed Income, Tech, Stoner, Real Estate, and Steady Income.

  16. #276
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,240
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just need two sets of rules/laws/punishments like in those other countries.

    Whatever party you identify with are the laws you’re subjected to lol

    Thats kind of in line with whats happening in the states - business and people leaving california for eg. to places where they are more welcome.

    If you want to stay in a socialist paradise, by all means stay and watch the party or peaceful protests unfold.
    Last edited by revelations; 08-16-2020 at 05:15 PM.

  17. #277
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lol to another anonymous rep comment: "crying about neg rep makes you stupid and a pussy"

    Because you failed at comprehension, my beef isn't with a negative rep. I really, really don't care one iota about reps, positive or negative. It was clearly the fact that a user, or some users, are using the anonymity to make statements that they are too cowardly to make in the thread or DM. I am more than willing to have open, civil, rational discussion about these issues but you, and possibly someone else, would rather remain anonymous so that you don't have to defend what you say. And that is the irony with both points in this comment.


    Is it Saturday that the final count should be in and we find out who replaces Scheer?

  18. #278
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

  19. #279
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,240
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol to another anonymous rep comment: "crying about neg rep makes you stupid and a pussy"

    Because you failed at comprehension, my beef isn't with a negative rep. I really, really don't care one iota about reps, positive or negative. It was clearly the fact that a user, or some users, are using the anonymity to make statements that they are too cowardly to make in the thread or DM. I am more than willing to have open, civil, rational discussion about these issues but you, and possibly someone else, would rather remain anonymous so that you don't have to defend what you say. And that is the irony with both points in this comment.

    They literally are, just pussies. 'HOW DARE YOU OFFEND ME - I SHALL SHAKE A FIST AT YOU, ANONYMOUSLY'

  20. #280
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,017
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    snippety

    I don't debate you because your and my biases aren't compatible, it'll be a futile exercise.

    Funny how people can't just accept that and carry on with life.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister?

    By phreezee in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 72
    Latest Threads: 06-07-2017, 06:38 PM
  2. Help me pick out my next!!

    By essential.mix in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 02-05-2007, 12:19 AM
  3. PIAA bulb burnt out, what next?

    By iblizzard in forum Cosmetic and Styling Modifications
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 09-28-2005, 02:10 AM
  5. Replies: 62
    Latest Threads: 10-14-2004, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •