Quantcast
The NFL Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Only sport I watch religiously, all or most games each weekend. Seahawks fan, but I follow quite a few teams. Tried to get into CFL, but not my thing. This Wild Card weekend was awesome!! cant wait for next weeks. Go HAWKS!!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    all or most games each weekend
    Amazing. I need better time management skills, I can only seem to manage about 3 full hockey games a season anymore!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

No kids...just my wife and I lol...its not hard, 4 split games until I can weed out the shit ones.

I haven't been into as much since Peyton retired. It's not as fun when you don't have a team to cheer for.

Redzone on Sundays is fun to watch. I picked Seahawks to win it this year.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    As far as the actual game itself, neither league blows the other out of the water - they are both entertaining in their own way. I can sit down and and enjoy a game from either league and they are very much different games. Is the NFL a more polished and slicker presentation, it sure as hell is and maybe that is what some people need as a part of their game viewing experiance.

Three downs versus four, the size of the scrimmage zone, rouge versus no rouge points, movement before the snap, etc, etc, the games are really quite a bit different then many people realize. What I do dislike, and this goes for many sports, is how much is getting reviewed now plus how much more gentlemanly many sports are becoming. Is it really all that bad to have badasses in sports now a days? Badasses are quickly becoming a relic, hell, how I'd love to see a Tim Hunter on the Flames these days or even a Theo Felury - those guys were not the vanilla flavoured pansies that are all too common in sport today.
    Okay Boomer
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

It’s hard to stay fully engaged after all the disappointment the cowboys have brought me over the years, but playoffs are always great. This was a great wildcard weekend, especially with the patriots losing.

I’m rooting for the 9ers to win it all this year

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    As far as the actual game itself, neither league blows the other out of the water - they are both entertaining in their own way. I can sit down and and enjoy a game from either league and they are very much different games. Is the NFL a more polished and slicker presentation, it sure as hell is and maybe that is what some people need as a part of their game viewing experiance.

Three downs versus four, the size of the scrimmage zone, rouge versus no rouge points, movement before the snap, etc, etc, the games are really quite a bit different then many people realize. What I do dislike, and this goes for many sports, is how much is getting reviewed now plus how much more gentlemanly many sports are becoming. Is it really all that bad to have badasses in sports now a days? Badasses are quickly becoming a relic, hell, how I'd love to see a Tim Hunter on the Flames these days or even a Theo Felury - those guys were not the vanilla flavoured pansies that are all too common in sport today.
    I know very few big NFL fans that aren't in it for the betting and/or fantasy leagues. MY brother in law, as an example, barely watches the games. He's just tracking what the numbers are that are spitting out of the games and how that relates to his bets and dumb fantasy leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I know very few big NFL fans that aren't in it for the betting and/or fantasy leagues. MY brother in law, as an example, barely watches the games. He's just tracking what the numbers are that are spitting out of the games and how that relates to his bets and dumb fantasy leagues.
    I used to always run fantasy leagues for the NFL season, but I found it made me enjoy it less, was always just focused on certain guys instead of the whole game. This season was my first not doing any sort of league and I loved it. Everyone is different, but for me it took away my love for watching every week,

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

So much love for Brady and the Pats in here! Haters gonna hate I guess. Can't call them shit because they are so good, so gotta call him meaningless names HAHAHA

Patriots are my team if that isn't obvious, and Brady is the GOAT.

Surprised that they lost to the Titans though. That surprised the shit out of me.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Was down at the local pub to watch the early game yesterday - was a packed house.

All 4 games this weekend were great.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    So much love for Brady and the Pats in here! Haters gonna hate I guess. Can't call them shit because they are so good, so gotta call him meaningless names HAHAHA

Patriots are my team if that isn't obvious, and Brady is the GOAT.

Surprised that they lost to the Titans though. That surprised the shit out of me.
    Not a Pats fan at all, but people who try to act like what Bill and Tom have done over the last 20 years is not special....those are the idiots. Oh and most Pats fans are also jack asses, so I don't feel so bad for them. Brady is obviously a first ballot HoF'r, and if he actually had some help this season chances are they would have gone deeper. Can't turn your head to some of the scandals lol

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Not a Pats fan at all, but people who try to act like what Bill and Tom have done over the last 20 years is not special....those are the idiots. Oh and most Pats fans are also jack asses, so I don't feel so bad for them. Brady is obviously a first ballot HoF'r, and if he actually had some help this season chances are they would have gone deeper. Can't turn your head to some of the scandals lol
    Brady is in the HoF for sure, and probably pretty quickly after he actually retires. That's a give in.

I think Brady had the support this year, and the team has done more with less. I think though that a lot of teams are finally figuring out Bill's formations and how to exploit it. I have been noticing it for a few years now where certain teams just know things and seem to predict a lot of what plays are being ran with good consistency. It just wasn't blatantly obvious because Brady is good with audibles and reading defences, and always had good utility players for plays over the middle like Amendola, Edelman, Hernandez, Welker, Gronk. Hell, even Moss for those couple years for the deep ball.

But here is a video that pretty accurately depicts my thoughts on the matter, and why the Patriots defence has been getting beat the past couple seasons so badly compared to before.

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Huge NFL fan here.. although im a Raiders fan and its been painful since 2003. I cant wait till the new stadium is done in Vegas! Love the playoffs espeically the wildcard games. Guaranteed wild finishes haha.

My Ride
    NC1

If only Gordon and Brown would have kept it together, makes you wonder.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    Huge NFL fan here.. although im a Raiders fan and its been painful since 2003. I cant wait till the new stadium is done in Vegas! Love the playoffs espeically the wildcard games. Guaranteed wild finishes haha.
    The way that organization is run and how they keep moving cities - LA, Oakland, Vegas - I don't know how fans could stay loyal to them.

My Ride
    E90

Should be a great weekend coming up. the seatle green bay game is the only one where either team may win. Rest of the games should go to the obvious teams, but might be some upsets.
    I can't wait for the conference round if Jackson, Mahomes and Garoppolo win this week.
    Any upset predictions?

if I had to pick one upset, it would be Vikings over Niners.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    Ok so, Brady...he is an arrogant, sore loser...no one can deny that, but, he is also mid way down of the lowest paid QBs right now, that's because he just wants to have a winning team,he takes pay cuts just for that reason, thats how much of a sore loser he is lol

Anyways, he is a free agent as of his last game of the year and speculations say that hes still not retiring, but probably wont stay with the Pat's....

I will gladly welcome him to my Raiders for a 1 year deal, just in time for the new Vegas arena lol any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I hate you already.
    You know you already have Carr, right? Why would you take away a year of a QB in his prime for a QB on the wrong side of 41?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It seems so Canadian to cheer for someone else's city team in a sport.
    Until the NFL places a team in Canada, that's just what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    They're predicting chargers. Based on nothing at all, hes going to the raiders lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hes pretty much(without saying it) said hes not retiring. He can go anywhere he wants.
    Chargers wouldn't be a bad choice with the new stadium next year and Rivers being god awful this year. I think he'll go wherever McDaniels goes, but then you'd have to wonder if Brady really wants to play in Cleveland.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    You know you already have Carr, right? Why would you take away a year of a QB in his prime for a QB on the wrong side of 41?
    Carr is Mediocre at best, he is not the answer in Oakland. Not saying Brady makes much more sense, but would be funny to see him come in either Chargers or Raiders for a year. If he does, it must have something to do with wanting to prove he can do it on his own. Id take Brady in a wheelchair over either of the Carr duds.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    The way that organization is run and how they keep moving cities - LA, Oakland, Vegas - I don't know how fans could stay loyal to them.
    No kidding, I thought with Al Davis gone, the organization had a chance. Nope.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast