Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 630 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 630 of 985 FirstFirst ... 620 629 630 631 640 ... LastLast
Results 12,581 to 12,600 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pfizer didn't take money for R+D as part of Operation Warp speed. That was the shareholders of Pfizer that put their capital at risk. According to the CEO, they didn't want to deal with the bureaucracy, which they felt would slow them down.
    Pfizer didn’t take money up front for R&D as part of Warp Speed, but BioNtech has been getting EU money (both direct investment and loan guarantees) for a couple years, with an investment in December of 2019, and half a billion more in 2020.

Throw in being able to scale up production on the back of billions of dollars worth of contracts, plus legal protection, and you have the benefits the public sector might can bring to the projects. If you’re a Pfizer investor, your capital had its risk mitigated with government money whether you took direct R&D money or not.

Then of course there are the vaccines that came as a result of the direct investment as well on top of government contracts for doses. The vaccine is a true testament to what can be accomplished when the public sector and private sector come together with a common goal. Like the moonshot.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Nurses want OT pay to go get vaccinated?
    Nurses want to be paid for using their shift time to get vaccinated. Since they’re working so much, they’d be on OT pay.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

So I'm trying to understand the bureaucracy here.

AHS is the operations of health care. They execute. Provide health care to Albertans. They're given a budget, targets of what they need to achieve by the board, and make things happen.

AHS board oversees AHS, and responsible for ensuring shit is running properly. AHS board is merely accountable to the Minister of Health, so they can operate however they want as long as they keep the Minister of Health happy.

That said, Minister of Health sets a target for # of vaccines by EOY. The responsibility falls on AHS Board to ensure the target is met. The whole point of the board is to segregate how things run, so that an idiot Minister of Health can't fuck shit up. I mean, I'm 2 degrees of separation from Shandro, and I'm not a fan of him at all, but it seems like it's the execution side of things that failed, which falls on AHS board + AHS. I guess if the goals were too lofty, then it'd be Shandro's fault, but other provinces seems to be executing fine?

The whole witch hunting who's wrong is flawed to begin with, especially with how things are structured. A pissed off AHS can easily do their job poorly and point fingers upstream. That's a really unhealthy way of operating.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

No no no you see it was Ed stelmach’s fault for allowing NDP supporters to be hired didn’t you hear?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I imagine the chance for vaccines to "go missing" would be exponentially higher if this were the method, rather than having clinics et up.
    is it any different than managing the same as they do for narcotics also being delivered to those units? I dont see this as challenging...

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So I'm trying to understand the bureaucracy here.

AHS is the operations of health care. They execute. Provide health care to Albertans. They're given a budget, targets of what they need to achieve by the board, and make things happen.

AHS board oversees AHS, and responsible for ensuring shit is running properly. AHS board is merely accountable to the Minister of Health, so they can operate however they want as long as they keep the Minister of Health happy.

That said, Minister of Health sets a target for # of vaccines by EOY. The responsibility falls on AHS Board to ensure the target is met. The whole point of the board is to segregate how things run, so that an idiot Minister of Health can't fuck shit up. I mean, I'm 2 degrees of separation from Shandro, and I'm not a fan of him at all, but it seems like it's the execution side of things that failed, which falls on AHS board + AHS. I guess if the goals were too lofty, then it'd be Shandro's fault, but other provinces seems to be executing fine?

The whole witch hunting who's wrong is flawed to begin with, especially with how things are structured. A pissed off AHS can easily do their job poorly and point fingers upstream. That's a really unhealthy way of operating.
    AHS is a giant corporation that was handed a monopoly with no pathway for normal market forces to generate incentives. Same as CBE. Every few years we get to elect a new figurehead whose main competency is baby-kissing to head up the board. The ineffectiveness of this system is obvious and unsurprising, with the main argument for it being: "giant government bureaucracies will work, we just haven't done it right yet! We should elect a party that specializes in feckless government bureaucracies to manage things."

Presumably doubling down on bureaucratic bloat will magically solve the problem.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    AHS is a giant corporation that was handed a monopoly with no pathway for normal market forces to generate incentives. Same as CBE. Every few years we get to elect a new figurehead whose main competency is baby-kissing to head up the board. The ineffectiveness of this system is obvious and unsurprising, with the main argument for it being: "giant government bureaucracies will work, we just haven't done it right yet! We should elect a party that specializes in feckless government bureaucracies to manage things."

Presumably doubling down on bureaucratic bloat will magically solve the problem.
    Having consulted for AHS on a couple of occasions, I’d be surprised if the smallest of targets are even met.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    *The First*

Feel free to look into how many current AHS board members were terminated from the AHS board previously and received massive severances, only to send you getting rehired.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Feel free to look into how many current AHS board members were terminated from the AHS board previously and received massive severances, only to send you getting rehired.
    2 of 8 were replaced by the UCP.

Edit. Was wrong. UCP didn’t fire anyone. They added 4 in 2019 in 2 batches of 2 which grew the board from 8 to 12.

Sauce - https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...bent-on-reform
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    2 of 8 were replaced by the UCP.

Edit. Was wrong. UCP didn’t fire anyone. They added 4 in 2019 in 2 batches of 2 which grew the board from 8 to 12.

Sauce - https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...bent-on-reform
    I'll try to remember to research this better another time. I believe it's happened with two of them, overall, and it may not actually be current board members, so my bad if that turns out to be the case, as I misspoke. (And Holy is my auto erect on this phone ever fighting with me! "Only to send you"???)
    I forgot that Mandell was on there. Fuck me. Didn't people in Calgary riot when he was suddenly appointed to be a prominent cabinet minister when he wasn't an elected MLA and (much much worse) was a former Edmonton Mayor? Man, they did shit stupid enough to make Albertans view NDP. Amazing!

Under-promise, over-deliver?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post

Under-promise, under-under-deliver is more likely.

Again, we're talking about a government operation here.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Phase 2 has no definition for what's included but is 5 months and when we'll receive the largest amounts of shipments. Presumably it'll either be trimmed down or it'll include much of the general population in targetted senses. For example retail, restaurants, hospitality, and other front line workers first.

My Ride
    4x4

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...rce=reddit.com
    DUBLIN (Reuters) - A new strain of COVID-19 that reached Ireland from the United Kingdom is spreading faster than the country’s most pessimistic forecasts, Prime Minister Micheal Martin said on Wednesday.
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...shows-12177002
    ICUs at three hospitals were "full", the email said. North Middlesex University Hospital, Barnet Hospital and Whittington Hospital had no more room for seriously ill patients and had patients waiting for "a transfer" to another ICU.

At North Middlesex University Hospital in Enfield, the situation was so serious that the respiratory medicine ward was also "full", the email said, adding that there were six patients receiving oxygen in the hospital's A&E
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...nearly-50.html
    The mutated super-infectious coronavirus strain was spreading quickly among children during the November lockdown and only closing schools can keep it contained, a new report from Imperial College London has warned.

The study confirmed that the new mutant variant of SARS-CoV-2 - known as B117 or 'Variant of Concern' (VOC) - is indeed more infectious than previous variants, just as scientists feared, and that the November lockdown did little to suppress it.

The variant was most prevalent among the 10-19 age group, the data shows, with more coronavirus cases in the age group being found to be the new strain than of the original.
    IB4 buster - there's no reason to worry about the uk mutation all is well. it's not more infectious.

My Ride
    ute

The AHS doesn't seem to be wanting pharmacies to inject the Pfizer vaccine (makes sense, kinda) nor the Moderna vaccines (which doesn't make sense). The only way we do 30k vaccines per day is if pharmacies are doing them. So that means the AZ and J+J trials better show good results.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

So we have american vaccines that dont prevent spread, but just limit the seriousness of the infection. This will work well to keep the case numbers high.

We have a new C19 variant that is spreading like crazy.

2021 will make 2020 look like a joke.

We will have full on police/military lockdowns - in Canada (not necessarily in AB), because my god, the last 2-3 have done sweet fuck all so lets do more. Thats the next logical step and the idiots who elected the idiots in power - will agree to.

We will have major disturbances as the minority who disagree (not just anti maskers) grows in size. The movie V for Vendetta is strangely predictive in many ways. Engineered virus is used as a tool for fasict control.

Its all part of the plan. No one should be surprised and should be preparing and adjusting for this.

Basically, take every $ the government is handing out and stick it in hard assets.

Last edited by revelations; 01-02-2021 at 03:07 PM.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    So we have american vaccines that dont prevent spread, but just limit the seriousness of the infection. This will work well to keep the case numbers high.

We have a new C19 variant that is spreading like crazy.

2021 will make 2020 look like a joke.

We will have full on police/military lockdowns - in Canada (not necessarily in AB), because my god, the last 2-3 have done sweet fuck all so lets do more. Thats the next logical step and the idiots who elected the idiots in power - will agree to.

We will have major disturbances as the minority who disagree (not just anti maskers) grows in size. The movie V for Vendetta is strangely predictive in many ways. Engineered virus is used as a tool for fasict control.

Its all part of the plan. No one should be surprised and should be preparing and adjusting for this.

Basically, take every $ the government is handing out and stick it in hard assets.
    Actually - it's more feeling like contagion week by week... I had to watch it again after the UK/South africa/French variants showed up to remind myself...

Any bets on kids going back to school in january? I'm betting on no...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Kids are going to go back for now, but 1-2 months - after the 'new' fear and panic narrative of the super C19 variant is pushed out, it will be full shutdown.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post

The specific link: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca...Page17295.aspx

I dunno if it was quiet, it was covered on CBC radio that day, and I even spoke to my aunt in LTC as well as my parents about it.

Page 630 of 985 FirstFirst ... 620 629 630 631 640 ... LastLast