Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 512 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 512 of 985 FirstFirst ... 502 511 512 513 522 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What caused the dip between the first wave and the second?
    The saucer people in conjunction with the reverse vampires, under the coercion of the Reset Economy.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

What caused the dip between the first wave and the second?
    I’d actually question if it was access to outdoor activity based on how poorly covid seems to do outside. No strong causation but the trends did seem to follow flu seasons in both the northern and Southern Hemisphere. Oddly some souther states saw spikes as weather went up if memory serves, and there was speculation if it was due to people heading indoors with ac, which churned up covid soup.

If there is an interprovincial plan there goes a bunch of holiday plans for people, gonna be a bitter Christmas.

I’m curious, vaccine starts rolling out early q1, how much longer do the mask/occupancy limits/etc. Go on? CBC is having guests on who are proposing at least another 12 months.
    Last edited by finboy; 11-18-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

CBC can go fuck itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I’m going to be pretty bitter if I have to cancel my and my gfs family’s Christmas in BC.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I’m going to be pretty bitter if I have to cancel my and my gfs family’s Christmas in BC.
    In-laws we’re going to stay with us for a couple weeks, isolate in our place (they are in an area with 2 cases total right now). We have vacation to burn, so quarantine would have been easy, but that won’t be happening if they shut down travel.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I get the feeling that @Misterman would argue that black is white just for the sake of arguing, ya gots to remember that you're not going to win a mud wrestling match with a pig because the pig actually likes that.
    You must have me mistaken with someone else? When phoexs pulls this nonsense where he just makes an unrelated statement to argue, like the one you quoted, I just ignore him. I'm all for constructive discussion, but I don't do senseless arguing like some of these idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Is herd immunity real? I really don't know and it sounds like it maybe isn't... But it's a bit interesting to look at High River recalling how completely fucked they were around March/April with the massive Cargill outbreak (largest traceable in all of North America) combined with their old folks home taking a beating.

Their numbers are very low in Wave-2:
    https://highriveronline.com/local/to...-remain-steady

"High River remains the only local municipality not included in the enhanced measures announced by the Province last Thursday, November 12."
    It's been real for virtually every other virus we have ever known. Seems to still be some discussion around this in relation to Covid. There has been very few reinfections ever identified to date(although hard to quantify with the prevalence of false positive tests) based on anything I have read, so it appears herd immunity is possible. Based on what we know about rona so far, it appears as it always has, that if you're going to get herd immunity without vaccine, it should be done quickly and not stretched out over years where the virus has a chance to mutate.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    I’m curious, vaccine starts rolling out early q1, how much longer do the mask/occupancy limits/etc. Go on? CBC is having guests on who are proposing at least another 12 months.
    Probably not unrealistic, Alberta’s allocation to start is 343k full courses, who knows how long to get the other 4 million full courses we need. Canada should theoretically be able to vaccinate 20 million the first years; which sounds like it’s going to healthcare workers, first responders, people in care facilities and those with underlying health conditions first (with politicians making sure to keep some for themselves of course).

Currently it looks like a lot of cases are in the younger populations, which are further down the list. So I doubt here would be any motivation among politicians to reduce restrictions while the groups with the most cases don’t have access to the vaccine.

But maybe I’ll be eating my words in June.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Co worker's grandma just passed away, she was in the process of getting a Covid test... She passed before the results came back.

It was then ruled as a Covid death without results.

Just the messenger.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Why wouldn't they update it once the results are available?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Why wouldn't they update it once the results are available?
    I’m not sure.
    She passed on the weekend, hasn’t been updated nor did the family receive results.

She was also 96

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    I’d actually question if it was access to outdoor activity based on how poorly covid seems to do outside. No strong causation but the trends did seem to follow flu seasons in both the northern and Southern Hemisphere. Oddly some souther states saw spikes as weather went up if memory serves, and there was speculation if it was due to people heading indoors with ac, which churned up covid soup.

If there is an interprovincial plan there goes a bunch of holiday plans for people, gonna be a bitter Christmas.

It was a rhetorical question.

We have seen transmission rates increase, decrease, then increase again. It could be an environmental thing - perhaps summer impacts the virus. But it is almost certainly behavioural modifications by the population which increase or decrease transmission rates. So to claim interventions do sweet fuck all is dramatically incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It's been real for virtually every other virus we have ever known. Seems to still be some discussion around this in relation to Covid. There has been very few reinfections ever identified to date(although hard to quantify with the prevalence of false positive tests) based on anything I have read, so it appears herd immunity is possible. Based on what we know about rona so far, it appears as it always has, that if you're going to get herd immunity without vaccine, it should be done quickly and not stretched out over years where the virus has a chance to mutate.
    It's a moot point - we will be injecting highly effective vaccines in a matter of weeks, and awash in them by Q1/Q2 of 2021. Herd immunity by natural exposure would be far slower (years).

My Ride
    4x4

Remember that poll i got suckered into? At first I was sure it was government funded, then I started wondering if it wasn't NDP funded...

https://globalnews.ca/news/7471452/a...oblb5NZKOdg0-E

59% dissatisfied with alberta govt response.

Of course it's not "why" anyone was dissatisfied, could be too much lockdown too little.

I want to see the healthcare and contract negotiation questions details though - those would be more interesting.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

“Ten. That’s the number of otherwise healthy people who have died from COVID-19 in Alberta since the beginning of the pandemic.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/torontos...96ca5fdeb/amp/
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Healthy people who have strong immune systems due to healthy life style choices are more resistant to viruses? Shocking news! If the percentages of deaths were to follow Alberta on a world-wide scale, this virus looks more and more like a joke.

We are constantly telling people to put on a mask, social distance, wash hands etc etc. What we should be enforcing is healthy lifestyles. Why morbidly obese people and smokers still receive healthcare is the real question. It’s harder to tell people to get off their asses and eat healthy to be more resistant to infection. Putting on a mask is only delaying ones death.

That's the stupidest thing I read in a while... So if you're not healthy (your choice or not) it's OK for them to just die? Dafuq dude

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I read in a while... So if you're not healthy (your choice or not) it's OK for them to just die? Dafuq dude
    Apparently. I'm curious how many of these trolls and their families are actually "healthy". There so many things you can list as another health issue that they sweep under the rug. Someone could have lived another 50 years with diabetes just fine but they catch covid and die. And their thought is oh he had diabetes, his life doesn't count

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Apparently. I'm curious how many of these trolls and their families are actually "healthy". There so many things you can list as another health issue that they sweep under the rug. Someone could have lived another 50 years with diabetes just fine but they catch covid and die. And their thought is oh he had diabetes, his life doesn't count
    It'd be great if you guys could stop making these absurd leaps of logic. Maybe jutes doesn't GAF about anyone? Not my place to say. But I haven't seen anybody say anything like that, yet you hypocritical covid crybabies jump to this argument every time someone does not agree with Covid control protocols. It's just as low as the left shouting "racist" at anyone who doesn't agree with them. Plain and simple, we have risks we have to deal with in every aspect of our life. And we know that certain percentages of people will die due to these risks we face. With the mortality data on covid, it is something that does not rank on the scale of things we should be worrying about if you compare it to all the other risks that we just accept people die from every year.

If you're going to completely disregard the pain, agony, death, and destruction directly caused by the methods of covid control that you champion for, then don't accuse other people of not caring about humankind. Because your selfish and ignorant attitude is certainly no moral high ground to stand on.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It'd be great if you guys could stop making these absurd leaps of logic. Maybe jutes doesn't GAF about anyone? Not my place to say. But I haven't seen anybody say anything like that, yet you hypocritical covid crybabies jump to this argument every time someone does not agree with Covid control protocols. It's just as low as the left shouting "racist" at anyone who doesn't agree with them. Plain and simple, we have risks we have to deal with in every aspect of our life. And we know that certain percentages of people will die due to these risks we face. With the mortality data on covid, it is something that does not rank on the scale of things we should be worrying about if you compare it to all the other risks that we just accept people die from every year.

If you're going to completely disregard the pain, agony, death, and destruction directly caused by the methods of covid control that you champion for, then don't accuse other people of not caring about humankind. Because your selfish and ignorant attitude is certainly no moral high ground to stand on.
    Nobody is completely disregarding the pain, agony, death and destruction caused by the covid respond. It'd be great if you could stop making these absurd leaps of logic.

The moment the virus got loose there was going to be pain and suffering. It was an inevitability. Our job is to reduce the area under that pain curve. Society had to make some difficult calls on who was going to eat shit during this pandemic. Somebody had to. That doesn't make the decisions on economic impacts easy and it is a healthy debate to discuss the pros and the cons of the possibilities like we have here. We spent the first part of the pandemic figuring shit out, and we have spent the latter part of the pandemic with an increasing sense of optimism about the vaccine, now to the point where we can plan around the vaccine arrival. The damaging aspects of the virus now has an endpoint, so we don't need to assume policies which will last into perpetuity. Capitalism is an amazing tool to re-deploy economic resources that have been under-utilized during the pandemic (ie labour forces) into a refreshed version of their former selves. Society will likely be rebuilt with improvements in the long run - not the least of which we are much more prepared for a more lethal pandemic down the road.

Nobody is completely disregarding the pain, agony, death and destruction caused by the covid respond. It'd be great if you could stop making these absurd leaps of logic.

The moment the virus got loose there was going to be pain and suffering. It was an inevitability. Our job is to reduce the area under that pain curve. Society had to make some difficult calls on who was going to eat shit during this pandemic. Somebody had to. That doesn't make the decisions on economic impacts easy and it is a healthy debate to discuss the pros and the cons of the possibilities like we have here. We spent the first part of the pandemic figuring shit out, and we have spent the latter part of the pandemic with an increasing sense of optimism about the vaccine, now to the point where we can plan around the vaccine arrival. The damaging aspects of the virus now has an endpoint, so we don't need to assume policies which will last into perpetuity. Capitalism is an amazing tool to re-deploy economic resources that have been under-utilized during the pandemic (ie labour forces) into a refreshed version of their former selves. Society will likely be rebuilt with improvements in the long run - not the least of which we are much more prepared for a more lethal pandemic down the road.
    Yes a choice had to be made. Instead of choosing the least pain and suffering, the powers that be chose the most suffering. So if anyone wants to side with policies that cause more damage to people, you lose the moral high ground to shout at others that they "Don't care about people".

Page 512 of 985 FirstFirst ... 502 511 512 513 522 ... LastLast