Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 684 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 684 of 985 FirstFirst ... 674 683 684 685 694 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,680 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you know you are responding to a troll alt account, right?
    I was unaware. Thought he was a separate idiot.

The more you know...

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I was unaware. Thought he was a separate idiot.

The more you know...
    ya, who knows who it actually is. dont really care.

I only have one account here. Sorry, not sorry that I don't fit the 'narrative'.

Master Fauci finds it so disturbing that people will question the health and safety of vaccines. Well, there has never been a vaccine of this type before, mRNA, vaccines take years and years to develop and test, there has never been a vaccine against coronoviruses, this hasn't been tested on animals, and are using humans as guinea pigs, and People have died, and have suffered adverse affects from this, and we still don't know what the long term effects this will have on people. It's all about informed Consent.

Canadian Doctors Speak Out about Covid19 Being Nothing to Fear. How long until these doctors are Banned??

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Do you guys on beyond think that Alberta will see a 3rd wave (due to variants), or is our vaccination program going to get ahead of it?

Name:  Capture22.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  38.8 KB

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Do you guys on beyond think that Alberta will see a 3rd wave (due to variants), or is our vaccination program going to get ahead of it?

I think we will though whether it's because of variants or not no idea. Our active cases has been increasing for the past week albeit slowly. I think the nicer weather mixed with restlessness means we'll see more people socializing and numbers picking up.

Though if all the 50+ age can get vaccinated in the next month or two then hopefully hospitalizations and deaths stay low so I don't think it'll be as bad as fall was

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

case numbers should stop mattering once hospitalizations and deaths fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    I only have one account here. Sorry, not sorry that I don't fit the 'narrative'.

Master Fauci finds it so disturbing that people will question the health and safety of vaccines. Well, there has never been a vaccine of this type before, mRNA, vaccines take years and years to develop and test, there has never been a vaccine against coronoviruses, this hasn't been tested on animals, and are using humans as guinea pigs, and People have died, and have suffered adverse affects from this, and we still don't know what the long term effects this will have on people. It's all about informed Consent.

Canadian Doctors Speak Out about Covid19 Being Nothing to Fear. How long until these doctors are Banned??
    I can't take that video seriously. Meme account at best. Weird posting history of music vids, US politics, and now Canadian doctors? Bullshit.

Isn't the entire point of the mRNA vaccines that they're cost-effective, quick to develop, and easier to deliver than tradditional vaccines? Sorry technology is moving forward and doesn't match your narrative, I guess. My biggest fear isn't catching covid, it's covid lung. I have enough friends that have "recovered" and months later still struggle with breathing day to day, let alone while working out and such. And they were in excellent shape before catching covid.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Bicycle

8% of cases require hospitalization.

2/3 of hospitalization are from 60+.

So even if the variant double our case number with most 60+ got their 1st shot and active, hospitalization number should still remain the same as pre-vaccine day in the worst case scenario. And we have been holding flat on hospitalization for over a month now, not a downward trend yet but at least holding flat.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m still trying to figure out the sandbagged mental gymnastics that AHS has trotted out claiming we have under 300 beds “capable of handling covid patients” province wide lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Those are total cases, not active though. As far as I know, AHS hasn’t actually released an active count for variant cases in Alberta.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I’m still trying to figure out the sandbagged mental gymnastics that AHS has trotted out claiming we have under 300 beds “capable of handling covid patients” province wide lol
    Then you don't understand the care requirements, or logistics of a COVID patient requiring intensive care. And that's fine, its not your area of specialty. Remember there are varying degrees of severity with COVID cases, and the most severe have very high demand requirements for ventilation, medication support, require often 1-3 on 1 constant care and at times higher, a specialized location (negative pressure chamber, opposed to a regular bed space), some require ECMO which is a limited resource, so yes those spaces are VERY limited capacity. Hospitals aren't completely comprised of negative chambers, nor can staff the required number of specialized personnel concurrently (ICU RRT, ICU RN, ICU physician, pulmonologists, ECMO teams). Its also a consideration that these patients need to be moved to facilities that do have capacity at times, so that means transport teams, Paramedics, etc. They set up the tent outside the PLC to maintain separation from the main hospital even. You then have to add to this all the regular NON COVID cases that are coming into ICU/CCU all the time, MVC's, adverse cardiac events, CVA's, polytrauma, acute sepsis, post operative, etc etc etc, that can't and shouldn't be placed in units alongside COVID patients.

Its ok to be skeptical, as long as you can acknowledge there is alot more to it than you may be aware of on the outset, and that their statement may have been as broad as possible. Of course there is lots of other minor COVID cases treated in significantly lower care areas, with isolation, with no problem. They aren't the concern, the sickest and more care intensive are the ones that would buckle the system and ripple its effect
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea AHS’s number has nothing to do with intensive care needs or ecmo units, it’s their broadest category of

It represents the percentage of beds capable of holding COVID patients that are currently occupied by any type of patient - COVID or other. COVID capable beds are determined by a mix of beds, equipment, and staffing levels and may change over time.
    Their definition, not mine.

In layman’s terms, saying we have sub 300 beds province wide and current 85% of them are occupied, is sandbagging hard.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have yet to identify any serious parking price decreases around me. Honestly I would bet most of the indoor heated spots DT are paid (corporate or taxable benefit) for regardless of whether there are cars in them.
    The only major parking price decrease downtown I have seen is in the Bow Parkade, which was $24 pre pandemic (I think) then went to $18 and is now at $15/day. That's the a nice clean well-lit parkade that fits pickup trucks.
    Name:  PXL_20210317_150125295.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  32.9 KB
    F150 for scale
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I love how you folded 1 mirror.

Looks like our parkade got a hair cheaper. $24/day versus a “sticker” price of 27-30 If I remember correctly.

No movement on monthly, not even to walk back the increase they had in 2019.

fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I love how you folded 1 mirror.
    If I was rich and had the lariat, both mirrors would fold. But I'm both poor and I like trolling the OCD crew, so I fold one.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The only major parking price decrease downtown I have seen is in the Bow Parkade, which was $24 pre pandemic (I think) then went to $18 and is now at $15/day. That's the a nice clean well-lit parkade that fits pickup trucks.
    Not personal experience, but I was told by a coworker that the parkade at Bow Valley Square (I think that's the one he uses) was under $10/day last fall if you were in before 8am.

Also, some of the COC parkades had a deal for 10 weekdays of parking for just over $100. The pass was specific to a parkade though. Haven't checked to see if that is still being offered but I hope it's still an option at James Short whenever I actually go back to the office.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

$100 for 10 days at James short would be great.

CPA was doing BOGO on monthly parking, not sure if they still are. Only for one month though, then full price thereafter. They seem to be pretty content having mostly empty lots.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    $100 for 10 days at James short would be great.
    4$ per day at James short is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    4$ per day at James short is the way.
    Can't do that anymore unfortunately. Half the lot was probably doing it and the city eventually noticed after 4-5 years A bunch of guys who used that trick where I used to work started getting entire months worth of tickets in the mail.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-17-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Page 684 of 985 FirstFirst ... 674 683 684 685 694 ... LastLast