Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 793 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 793 of 985 FirstFirst ... 783 792 793 794 803 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,860 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say due to his profession, he's the very definition of a "medical person"
    I'm in IT, doesn't mean my opinion on subjects like embedded software or chip design mean anything.

The manufacturers of these cheap masks say they don't do anything to protect against any sort of infectious agent.

I work with CIHs, the masks do nothing. That is their informed opinion, backed with facts.

One of our employees recently became a CIH and got a job with BC Health doing occupational hygiene in hospitals. Unless you think it's the doctors that determine what's safe in hospitals.

These days it's basically devolved to "it's better than nothing, because that's what my intuition tells me!"
    Last edited by suntan; 07-12-2021 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

The cool thing about the mandate being dropped is that if you want to wear one you can, and if you don't then you don't have to. Most of the pro/against masking arguments could be flipped either way and people freaking out about anyone wearing a mask being a mindless Karen is just as much of a Karen move as anyone giving maskless people shit. Who gives a fuck anymore? Live and let live, there is zero point of putting any energy into the argument of mask vs no mask given the current by-laws/regulations/infections. If you wanna take that mother fucker off and raw dog it, have fun just don't sneeze on people and do what any normal human would do and stay home if you're sick. If you wanna keep wearing a mask give'r shit, just don't sneeze on people and stay home when you're sick.

Like back in my college day's I'll be doing a combined approach of going in bare/donning the proper PPE depending on the situation and what makes me feel comfortable. I have high anxiety as it is so if in certain situations I personally feel better with a mask on well thats what I am going to do, why that would affect anyone else is beyond me. To care about what someone else is doing with a mask if you're double vaxxed and good personal hygiene is just silly.
    Last edited by schurchill39; 07-12-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, if someone else is wearing a mask, it's not any imposition on you, not worth a second thought, and certainly not worth any commentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Yeah, if someone else is wearing a mask, it's not any imposition on you, not worth a second thought, and certainly not worth any commentary.
    you could say that about most things people bitch about, they're still going to bitch about it to make themselves feel like they're better/smrter haha

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I was already aware of hot tips.
    About 16 months ago, the numbers were very low and the disease swept through the gen pop with virtually unstoppable, exponential growth. Our solution was to vaccinate a very significant portion of the population while still leaving a specified yet significant portion unvaccinated combined with another significant portion of the population who is too dumb to get vaccinated.

So, we are now entering zero restrictions with dummies and children unvaccinated. I need help to understand how the disease hasn't shifted to the children and started racing through them at rates like we've never seen. What evidence explains why this isn't happening?
    I believe that children are far less susceptible to severe outcomes of CoVid. I also partially believe that they are less susceptible to infection. But, I'm not aware of specific evidence for either.

Do you understand why the disease hasn't shifted to this unvaccinated group who are filthy, spit-talking, finger licking, ignorant little fucks and made a vertical line in new cases?

*Obv's mine aren't locked in a closet. They are at a daycare with the other greater unwashed members of our illustrious society. One day last week at pickup, I interrupted a game of Twister they were playing. No joke.
    Covid is now endemic in the human population, so we have to face that fact. We have other diseases that are endemic and only impact children. Some of these diseases are highly infectious (more so than covid), like measles. The dynamics of a child-based infectious disease are different than one that impacts a whole population. What you see is isolated outbreaks...with the explosivity of the outbreak based on the transmissibility of the virus.

Here's what I think is happening with COVID in kids right now:

A disease spreads like a network of interactions, with each node of the network having a significant impact on spread (superspreader), or not at all, with the virus being transmitted to nobody else from that node. When you average out these nodes, you get the R-value. If you take 70% of the adult population out of the network, then the question becomes: do children have enough of those dangerous, highly connected nodes to cause exponential growth in the child+unvaccinated adult population. The answer appears to be no. It appears that kids do not display enough behaviours to cause large super-spreader events between them.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Here's what I think is happening with COVID in kids right now:

A disease spreads like a network of interactions, with each node of the network having a significant impact on spread (superspreader), or not at all, with the virus being transmitted to nobody else from that node. When you average out these nodes, you get the R-value. If you take 70% of the adult population out of the network, then the question becomes: do children have enough of those dangerous, highly connected nodes to cause exponential growth in the child+unvaccinated adult population. The answer appears to be no. It appears that kids do not display enough behaviours to cause large super-spreader events between them.
    Doesn't that seem odd, though?
    Ignoring the non-vax'd dummies, kids are rolling around all over each other at daycare and summer camp and perhaps buses combined with sharing food and poor hand washing. It certainly appears to be going ok, but it sure is counter intuitive.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Doesn't that seem odd, though?
    Ignoring the non-vax'd dummies, kids are rolling around all over each other at daycare and summer camp and perhaps buses combined with sharing food and poor hand washing. It certainly appears to be going ok, but it sure is counter intuitive.
    You can only make conclusions that are consistent with your data. You can't make data that is consistent with your conclusions.

Perhaps kids are all over each other and when they are they xmit covid. But maybe they are only all over each other in smaller groups. And subsequent to that transmission it dies at home because most of the adults are vaccinated.

Every link between nodes that you can clip via vaccination will reduce your r value.

I bet we see a few child based outbreaks that will pop into and out of existence relatively quickly.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Similar concept to norovirus outbreaks in old folks homes?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't know much about immunology, but my two kids who did school-from-school and rode the yellow busses all year did not bring home covid, even when the case-counts in Calgary were extremely high. Now that the case counts are very low, I have zero concerns about my kids attending all manner of disgusting places, including day camps, overnight camps, and even campground outhouses.

The risk today is many orders of magnitude lower than it was, for every person and every age group.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I'm in IT, doesn't mean my opinion on subjects like embedded software or chip design mean anything.

The manufacturers of these cheap masks say they don't do anything to protect against any sort of infectious agent.

I work with CIHs, the masks do nothing. That is their informed opinion, backed with facts.

One of our employees recently became a CIH and got a job with BC Health doing occupational hygiene in hospitals. Unless you think it's the doctors that determine what's safe in hospitals.

These days it's basically devolved to "it's better than nothing, because that's what my intuition tells me!"
    You're generalizing based on a cheap mask manufacturer, and basing your entire premise on this. That is just incorrect, and I'm sure you're smart enough to see that. There are plenty of masks that do and they are available to the public (just like many wear N95's, despite being unclear on the need to fit test most of those). That's like saying helmets do nothing because cheap helmets don't protect you.

Oh look, bacterial filtering efficiency of 98% or greater. Particle filtering of 98% or greater. I'm unsure how you feel "these do nothing".

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I am GREATLY amused how in my social media circles if you didn't want to wear a mask you "should listen to medical professionals" and were maligned for it and now I see a bunch of those same people praising those who won't listen to the same medical professionals now to stop wearing masks and/or enforcing them in their places of business. Before you were a hero for listening and wearing one and now you're a hero for NOT listening and refusing to take it off.

People are truly idiots.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 07-12-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Covid is a bacteria right?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

No, duhh... It is a nanochip

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    You're generalizing based on a cheap mask manufacturer, and basing your entire premise on this. That is just incorrect, and I'm sure you're smart enough to see that. There are plenty of masks that do and they are available to the public (just like many wear N95's, despite being unclear on the need to fit test most of those). That's like saying helmets do nothing because cheap helmets don't protect you.

Oh look, bacterial filtering efficiency of 98% or greater. Particle filtering of 98% or greater. I'm unsure how you feel "these do nothing".

That's what we use at work (an isolation site). The interesting thing is, the only coworkers that got COVID at work were a group of nurses on night-shift that would get together and take their masks off.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    That's what we use at work (an isolation site). The interesting thing is, the only coworkers that got COVID at work were a group of nurses on night-shift that would get together and take their masks off.
    Break rooms/lunch rooms were transmission issues in hospitals too

My Ride

Responses like this contribute nothing to the discussion and just contribute to the divisiveness

Anyhow.

You all cough with your mouth open right? If you don't why not? If covering your mouth does nothing, why not just let it rip.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I didn’t say it did nothing. You however did try to use a measurement of bacterial and particle rejection to say they are effective against a coronavirus.

I may contribute nothing to the discussion and I can live with that, but posting irrelevant measurements as if they are anything but is a negative contribution to the discussion. That’s how fake news happens.

fact.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I didn’t say it did nothing. You however did try to use a measurement of bacterial and particle rejection to say they are effective against a coronavirus.

I may contribute nothing to the discussion and I can live with that, but posting irrelevant measurements as if they are anything but is a negative contribution to the discussion. That’s how fake news happens.
    The brainwashing of the mask panacea is impressive and, disturbing. Hopefully common sense eventually prevails. As Mr. Miyagi would say, vax on mask off Covid son.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So, all you guys are cool with my family coughing and sneezing out cold germs all over the place in public in the middle of summer? You won't be pissed when you're laid out for 3 days in the middle of vacation? Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Page 793 of 985 FirstFirst ... 783 792 793 794 803 ... LastLast