Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 437 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 437 of 985 FirstFirst ... 427 436 437 438 447 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 19697

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Interesting watch

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting watch

That is interesting
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    that is interesting
    tldr??

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    tldr??
    What we're going through has repeated through history and is measurable, and to some aspects is somewhat normal. However the measures we're taking now, may cause a worse rebound effect because we're restricting the virus going through the population during the low times
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    What we're going through has repeated through history and is measurable, and to some aspects is somewhat normal. However the measures we're taking now, may cause a worse rebound effect because we're restricting the virus going through the population during the low times
    More video summary:
    Viruses follow a "Gompertz Curve" and CoVid has been no exception.
    The serious pandemic ended before summer started.
    The countries that appeared to have higher death rates are explained by very gentle flu seasons in their winter leaving a bunch of people who would've normally died ripe for the taking when CoVid hit. The actual "spikes" come close to averaging out over the two year period. The spikes are that inconsequential.
    Masks and lockdowns do extremely little. Roughly 80% have some form of natural immunity or semi immunity and the 20% that are not immune virtually all get it and get it quite rapidly.
    The models/curves for expected infection rates and deaths were off by like 15x both for with or without lockdowns. As valuable as scribbles from toddlers in terms of accuracy.
    The "second wave" is false. There will be a natural increase based on nothing more than seasonal increase and deaths have been brought down so low that they're not worth talking about. A true "second wave" would be far far steeper and also quicker to subside than anything being seen, to date.

*Just summarizing the video. Not stating my opinions or indicating I'm on or not on board

My Ride
    ute

I don't think Ivor Cummins is turning the epidemiology world upside down.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I don't think Ivor Cummins is turning the epidemiology world upside down.
    Is that the name of the Irish guy in the video?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Is that the name of the Irish guy in the video?
    ya,

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Is the guy in the video Irish?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Remember it only take 2 to get a ton of surgeries cancelled and 5 units down at one hospital.

Was in Foothills late Aug and the fact they admit any visitor on simple 5 questions without asking for ID or contact info show the failure in contact tracing. So I am not surprised it took them a full week to find the 2 visitors that caused the outbreak at Foothills.

R=1.26 in Calgary at this point.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-30-2020 at 08:54 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Some interesting reddit anecdotes on COVID.

You. do. not. want. Covid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...rvived_corona/

My Ride
    Edge

Thanks for sharing. The scarring of the lungs is pretty scary, especially since the body may not be able to heal from that. Even though I have come across the same types of experiences in various news articles, this would be a great link to send out.

I'm pretty sure before all this is over (if it ever really will be), I'll be dropping out of a friendship or two, as I know too many who still think this is no worse than the flu. Many of them wouldn't be wearing masks if the City didn't mandate it. I can only tolerate that kind of attitude for so long and have limited my contact with them as it is.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Thanks for sharing. The scarring of the lungs is pretty scary, especially since the body may not be able to heal from that. Even though I have come across the same types of experiences in various news articles, this would be a great link to send out.

I'm pretty sure before all this is over (if it ever really will be), I'll be dropping out of a friendship or two, as I know too many who still think this is no worse than the flu. Many of them wouldn't be wearing masks if the City didn't mandate it. I can only tolerate that kind of attitude for so long and have limited my contact with them as it is.
    yes, any sort of comparison to flu just shows a lack of education on the topic. I don't blame people a whole lot, since covid info moves fast and its more complciated than we think.

My Ride
    *The First*

yes, any sort of comparison to flu just shows a lack of education on the topic. I don't blame people a whole lot, since covid info moves fast and its more complciated than we think.
    Many of the comparisons aren't invalid, which adds to the confusion. Consider these:
    Influenza kills elderly people in old folks home at about the exact same rate as CoVid. (Nearly 100%).
    CoVid symptoms during infection are vastly similar (or identical) to Influenza for most people which is a bad cold + aches/pains + fever/chills + maybe gastro upset. (Or death for the precious few).
    The mode of transmission is Droplet for both. (Fuck whatever the WHO says this week/day/minute).

Also consider how radically many of the surviving CoVid patients are being studied, right now. That does not happen with Influenza because we've accepted it as a part of life for decades. How confident can we be that when I got Influenza in 2010 that it didn't scar my lungs or enlarge some organ or whatever other spooky thing? No one studied the shit out of me then and they won't the next time I get Influenza. It's still a serious disease and it's virtually a guarantee that it's also causing long-term damage to a variety of its "survivors".

Again, CoVid and Influenza are not the same; but, comparisons between the two are not as invalid as Influenza and Cancer or something else crazy.
    If people understood more about the seriousness of Influenza in the first place instead of "just the flu, Yo" the comparisons wouldn't water down the severity of CoVid.

It's a cluster of fuck on multiple fronts. Now I've got a kid at home waiting for the brain-stem test results because of a runny nose due to simple allergies. All because one Chief Med Officer refuses to remove "runny nose" from the list of symptoms while another (or others? most of??) of her colleagues in the same country does remove it. During fucking harvest season.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 10-01-2020 at 04:36 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

As part of today's changes, Ontario is pausing the concept of social circles and advising that people limit close contact only to people living in their own household and maintain two metres physical distancing from everyone else. People who live alone may consider having close contact with another household.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    As part of today's changes, Ontario is pausing the concept of social circles and advising that people limit close contact only to people living in their own household and maintain two metres physical distancing from everyone else. People who live alone may consider having close contact with another household.
    Just let it happen....

And you don't want cancer. Or COPD. Or to have an opiod addiction (double the deaths of covid in Alberta this year).

Hell, you don't want the real flu if it is a bad one, that can also lead to scarred lungs from bad pneumonia.

What's your point? I've had a bad flu once before, took well over a month to get over once I was over the "sick" portion. Tired all the time? Check. Brain fog? Check. Poor breathing? Check

Personally, I am willing to be what is actually occuring is they are going over this with such a fine tooth comb that they are finding issues that were already present or had occured earlier in life and attributing these things to covid.

Which is why anecdotal evidence should be taken with a large grain of salt. Correlation does not equal causation, especially from people on reddit. Also, appealing to higher authority from anecdotal doctors' reports. Doctors are just as dumb and easily fooled by their biases as the rest of us.

Wow, ThePenIsMightier beat me to it. I didn't even see that post. Well said.

Regardless of anything, this thing is a joke. Ebola, malaria, sars, all of this shit is bad. And now it has been proven the world does not need to stop to mitigate and deal with it. Don't want a chance of catching covid? Stay the fuck home yourself/wear a mask yourself/do whatever you feel the need to. Leave the rest of us out of it.
    Last edited by zechs; 10-03-2020 at 10:48 AM.

I started to read through that reddit thread. What a bunch of drama queens.

That stuff happens everyday in hospitals. Unreal the amount of over-dramatization going on.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    I started to read through that reddit thread. What a bunch of drama queens.

That stuff happens everyday in hospitals. Unreal the amount of over-dramatization going on.
    You must be one of those people to tell someone with depression to just be happy or someone with anxiety to just get over it
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Based on standard bell curve models, the "Pandemic" has been over a long time ago - now its just false positives and the massive number of tests administered (numbers not published or otherwise available the same as deaths or cases) and people are not dying - ie. just another respiratory annoyance.

Last edited by revelations; 10-05-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Page 437 of 985 FirstFirst ... 427 436 437 438 447 ... LastLast