Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 547 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 547 of 985 FirstFirst ... 537 546 547 548 557 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,940 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least some people will listen to the man that sits between them and the magic sky man

Good that he's blasting the deniers and those who encourage it
    I would imagine that there is a large correlation between Catholic anti-maskers and Catholics that have been complaining about this 'communist' pope for a while now. They'll just keep on ignoring him

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    We discussed this last night, but it's following exactly what I predicted.
    The Americans are rolling it out more or less how I predicted. I did not adequately account for Canada's...situation

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    I would imagine that there is a large correlation between Catholic anti-maskers and Catholics that have been complaining about this 'communist' pope for a while now. They'll just keep on ignoring him
    I’m Catholic and the current Pope is as forward thinking as a Pope can get. Pope John Paul II is like a rockstar haha

I am also pro-mask.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So when do you think we could reasonably expect a vaccine for the general population in Canada? last half of 2021?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    I’m Catholic and the current Pope is as forward thinking as a Pope can get. Pope John Paul II is like a rockstar haha

I am also pro-mask.
    I am atheist but I like the current pope.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    So when do you think we could reasonably expect a vaccine for the general population in Canada? last half of 2021?
    https://www.ft.com/content/a832d5d7-...d-8757f19c3b6b

I'm not as bullish as Buster given the mask/ppe hoarding we have seen in Mar/May by our "allies".
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-25-2020 at 11:22 AM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Ex-CDS Slick Dick Rick is in charge of distribution. Knowing how the military procurement and supply system operates on a good day, everyone should be vaccinated by 2025 at the earliest.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Pfizer started conducting dry runs to test/verify shipments can be kept within their temperature requirements. Sounds like it isn't as bad as original, they have their own shipping containers that just require dry ice. Then the vaccine can be stored in a refrigerator for 5 days.

https://time.com/5915362/covid-19-va...rollout-plans/

Pfizer’s and BioNTech’s vaccine, which is based on a new mRNA technology, needs to be kept at -70 C° to -80 C°. In the U.S., Pfizer has designed special thermal packaging to ship its doses. If replenished with dry ice, the doses can remain in those containers for 15 to 20 days. Once removed, the vials can be stored in a refrigerator for up to five days.
    Circling back to my original idea, once we get to vaccinating the general population just drop the container behind the BMO center and set up hundreds of tables and just mass vaccinate everyone from one location. Do free parking + ctrain access and the majority of the city can find a way to get there.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That's my prediction. Nurses and Seniors April-May-June, other high risks groups, June-July, General population, August and onwards. Although that's not based on any data or publicly released plans aside from JT saying "vaccine will be available in Canada in Q1". I added my own adjustments and thoughts to that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That's my prediction. Nurses and Seniors April-May-June, other high risks groups, June-July, General population, August and onwards. Although that's not based on any data or publicly released plans aside from JT saying "vaccine will be available in Canada in Q1". I added my own adjustments and thoughts to that statement.
    Healthcare/high risk would have to be earlier I think. Canada originally announced they'd receive 6 million doses of Pfizer/Moderna in Q1 and with what I posted above the vaccine has to be used within days. I'd say late May is when we see general population begin.

It's actually going to be quite the challenge. How do you make sure you use all the vaccine within those few days while also not running out? You don't want to open it up too much and then have lineups and shortages but you also don't want to limit to to too small of groups and then have a bunch of vaccines expire.

My Ride
    ute

I'm going to be interested in the cognitive dissonance that will occur all over the Canada when the US, UK, India, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Scandi, Russia, Japan, China, are all getting vaccinated and we are dealing with the Wave 3 lockdown in the new year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Healthcare/high risk would have to be earlier I think. Canada originally announced they'd receive 6 million doses of Pfizer/Moderna in Q1 and with what I posted above the vaccine has to be used within days. I'd say late May is when we see general population begin.

It's actually going to be quite the challenge. How do you make sure you use all the vaccine within those few days while also not running out? You don't want to open it up too much and then have lineups and shortages but you also don't want to limit to to too small of groups and then have a bunch of vaccines expire.
    I would move on from thinking we are getting the mRNA vaccines in any numbers at all. I had predicted that Canadians would see large scale vaccination in April/May, but the Americans will still be using all of their Moderna/Pfizer vaccines they can make at that point.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm going to be interested in the cognitive dissonance that will occur all over the Canada when the US, UK, India, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Scandi, Russia, Japan, China, are all getting vaccinated and we are dealing with the Wave 3 lockdown in the new year.

- - - Updated - - -

I would move on from thinking we are getting the mRNA vaccines in any numbers at all. I had predicted that Canadians would see large scale vaccination in April/May, but the Americans will still be using all of their Moderna/Pfizer vaccines they can make at that point.
    I thought Canada just said a week ago we were due to get 6M doses in Q1? Wouldn't surprise me if it shifted and/or Health Canada delayed things, but I haven't seen any update showing it was delayed.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I thought Canada just said a week ago we were due to get 6M doses in Q1? Wouldn't surprise me if it shifted and/or Health Canada delayed things, but I haven't seen any update showing it was delayed.
    JT basically said yesterday that their original plans weren't as expected. The *ordered* a bunch of vaccine, but I'm guessing they were told yesterday they (we) weren't getting it.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    JT basically said yesterday that their original plans weren't as expected. The *ordered* a bunch of vaccine, but I'm guessing they were told yesterday they (we) weren't getting it.
    Ahh, thanks. Sucks but not unexpected I guess. I wonder how Health Canada will affect things. Until they give a concrete date for approval I can't imagine manufacturers will queue us into the production shipments.

Silver lining is that a lot of people didn't want to be in the first wave of vaccines anyway, letting others be the beta testers.

So there's that. Canada will be the least autistic country in the world!

JT is quoted in the article as still expecting doses in Q1 2021. Definitely not as good as December like UK and US but that’s what we get for not having the forethought to build up domestic capability. Apparently they have made investments so hopefully that helps for future pandemics.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    Shocking, I think I called Canada being pretty far down the list a while ago. Except it's even worse that I thought and we might not even get that initial batch.
    Last edited by FraserB; 11-25-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    ute

My guess is JT has no idea when we will get the vaccines.

He was probably told: "sorry kid, backordered, we'll get to you when we get to you."

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    JT is quoted in the article as still expecting doses in Q1 2021. Definitely not as good as December like UK and US but that’s what we get for not having the forethought to build up domestic capability. Apparently they have made investments so hopefully that helps for future pandemics.
    He said that the UK, Germany and the US are going to prioritize their people first and he expects them to give us some in Q1. I don't know how he expects those countries to manufacture a billion doses to take care of themselves and then start shipping elsewhere (not just Canada) by Q1.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

JT says "in q1" so I predict April for first actual injections.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Don't we have to ensure an inclusive and gender/race neutral distribution of the vaccine?

Page 547 of 985 FirstFirst ... 537 546 547 548 557 ... LastLast