Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 259 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 259 of 985 FirstFirst ... 249 258 259 260 269 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Exploded.

Trump setting up a 50 state contest like The Apprentice.

“Iowa, you’re fired. Go back to Phase 1”

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brazil to be the unfortunate guinea pig of not social distancing and thinking COVID is hysteria in 5, 4,....
    I think you mean Michigan, or Ohio . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Trump setting up a 50 state contest like The Apprentice.

“Iowa, you’re fired. Go back to Phase 1”
    its going to have amazing ratings!
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Wait, people are only using Emergency Rooms for emergencies??? What has this world come to??!?!?!!11111
    This is one of the silver linings to this whole thing. Hopefully people can remember what ER's are for after this debacle is over.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I guess in happier news, while Deaths per million is going up, and is now past 400 in countries like Italy, Belgium and Spain, it's still really low at 35 in Canada. So that may mean we are so far doing a good job of containment? It's also kind of heartening to imagine that even if Canada got to 400/million that wouldn't be that catastrophic, particularly if it was spread out over time.

Trying to find comfort in the data.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Or Florida. Which way to the beach?!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    *The First*

What's going on in High River? This article makes it sound like some of them Cargill folks actually live in High River and took this home to their large families. Like a week ago someone told me this was a Calgary problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/calgary...abd77ac40/amp/

It's so hard to tell who's right.
    358 cases...

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    And then we're going to Washington DC to take back the White House.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    What's going on in High River? This article makes it sound like some of them Cargill folks actually live in High River and took this home to their large families. Like a week ago someone told me this was a Calgary problem.

358 cases...
    Passive aggressive aside, tell me without beating around the bush: was high river taking this seriously?

The mayor in the article makes it sound like nobody even cared this was going on until these numbers started popping up.

And I get you’re scared and worried, it’s a shame HRs numbers are ballooning.

Do you have any personal plans to deal with this? Might help to talk about your strategy.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

358 cases...
    There seems to be a discrepancy in the numbers updated on the geospatial data on the Alberta COVID19 official statistics page which lists the HR area as having 207 cases, and the article stating 358 cases. I think the higher number relates specifically to the number of cases tied directly to the Cargill plant and those family clusters affected, which also includes people living in Calgary and High River.

Regardless, the numbers of positive tests in the High River area will likely go up as they ramp up testing there this weekend.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    And then we're going to Washington DC to take back the White House.

Byaaaaaaah

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Beaches are open, US has won the fight against covid.

At this point I'd rather get rona than take a risk in that Atlantic water, who knows what kind of diseases are in there.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Passive aggressive aside, tell me without beating around the bush: was high river taking this seriously?

The mayor in the article makes it sound like nobody even cared this was going on until these numbers started popping up.

And I get you’re scared and worried, it’s a shame HRs numbers are ballooning.

Do you have any personal plans to deal with this? Might help to talk about your strategy.
    I think the people in authority have been, (as best they can) but too many citizens weren't and some perhaps still aren't. The Mayor is acting a bit silly trying to bicker about something with Hinshaw, but I don't think Municipalities really have much influence.
    I am no pandemic expert, so my opinion is just an opinion, but here goes. I think the most extreme measures available should have been taken a few days ago in High River. I don't honestly know what the most extreme measures are, but I'd rather start there for about 48-72 hours and then start relaxing them whereas the rest of the province is escalating gently as numbers continue to rise. Cut this fucking thing's legs off and then keep an eye on it after it regenerates.
    They know there is an outbreak and they know it's severe. I believe the most extreme measures will eventually be taken, so let's tear that bandaid off and get to it, now. I think the military may end up involved in this before it's over. That sounds crazy, but I mainly mean in a manpower assistance manner, not a North Korea tanks in the streets manner.
    It's such a disaster on so many fronts. That senior in the hospital who got it is already dead. Shutting Cargill interrupts a beef supply of something like 30,000 cattle per week! Many folks from High River commute to Calgary for work and Calgary is already a pretty hot spot... Fuck!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Beaches are open, US has won the fight against covid.

At this point I'd rather get rona than take a risk in that Atlantic water, who knows what kind of diseases are in there.
    Gator Country SPRING BREAK WOOOOO

My Ride
    ute

I think the people in authority have been, (as best they can) but too many citizens weren't and some perhaps still aren't. The Mayor is acting a bit silly trying to bicker about something with Hinshaw, but I don't think Municipalities really have much influence.
    I am no pandemic expert, so my opinion is just an opinion, but here goes. I think the most extreme measures available should have been taken a few days ago in High River. I don't honestly know what the most extreme measures are, but I'd rather start there for about 48-72 hours and then start relaxing them whereas the rest of the province is escalating gently as numbers continue to rise. Cut this fucking thing's legs off and then keep an eye on it after it regenerates.
    They know there is an outbreak and they know it's severe. I believe the most extreme measures will eventually be taken, so let's tear that bandaid off and get to it, now. I think the military may end up involved in this before it's over. That sounds crazy, but I mainly mean in a manpower assistance manner, not a North Korea tanks in the streets manner.
    It's such a disaster on so many fronts. That senior in the hospital who got it is already dead. Shutting Cargill interrupts a beef supply of something like 30,000 cattle per week! Many folks from High River commute to Calgary for work and Calgary is already a pretty hot spot... Fuck!
    Localizing and cutting off hotspots is the path out of this thing, for sure.

But we're not yet to a level where community infection rates are low enough that we have the resources to do it effectively. There are two critical levels of infection: one is the related to the healthcare capacity, the other is related to the test-track-and-trace capacity. We're doing well on the first, but probably not close on the second.

Want to know if you have Covid19? Smell a jar of peanut butter.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ombat-covid-19

How messed up is it that a virus can completely block sense of smell in a large segment of the population. Probably burning some brain cells too.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Want to know if you have Covid19? Smell a jar of peanut butter.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ombat-covid-19

How messed up is it that a virus can completely block sense of smell in a large segment of the population. Probably burning some brain cells too.
    I’ve been working with/around jet fuel, JP8/JP5, for years now so I’m due for nervous system damage. Flu from China is the least of my worries along with smelling PBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    I’ve been working with/around jet fuel, JP8/JP5, for years now so I’m due for nervous system damage. Flu from China is the least of my worries along with smelling PBJ.
    Same, i wear alot of drakkar noir

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Toilet_X View Post
    Same, i wear alot of drakkar noir
    Name:  QHMFJU.gif
Views: 293
Size:  1.31 MBName:  QHMFJU.gif
Views: 293
Size:  1.31 MB

My Ride
    4x4

High rivers just got the tracking chasing that AHS nursing home case.

So 38 at Cargill, now is 389 just in familial related cases. Think about that for a second - means pretty much every one person lived in a family of 10+ for direct familial connection transfer.

Where it gets scary is going by Cargill announcements and extrapolating - if only 500+ live in the foothills region - that's 1500ish in Calgary - as they chase those cases and familial infections and workplaces...

Page 259 of 985 FirstFirst ... 249 258 259 260 269 ... LastLast