Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 581 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 581 of 985 FirstFirst ... 571 580 581 582 591 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,620 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wrong.
    This thread is giving me cancer right in my eyeballs and butt hole.
    Eyeballs may be, take your butt hole cancer complain to KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    And, yet, you miss the obvious: cancer isn't contagious.
    What a beautiful example of goal post moving. People literally get cancer every day through no cause of their own. Just because you ascribe some weird higher cause that because people are the spreaders versus simply the environment or otherwise we need to lockdown, does not change the outcomes.

But by locking people down, we could reduce cancer rates substantially.

They are analogous if the concern is protecting people. As you have demonstrated, its not. Its about control. You have given zero reason as to why someone should fear covid more than cancer. You are more likely to die from cancer. You are more likely to suffer lifelong complications from cancer. It is a major drag on the economy, and people die a lot from not having cancer treatments.

All facts. Notice how I never said covid wasn't a problem. Never said it wasn't dangerous. But this is an overreaction of people who live in fear of that which they can not control. You can do whatever futile gestures you like, go ahead. Doesn't change the ground situation.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Sorry, I was not clear enough:

Given that other airborne pathogens (low Rnaught) are very much reduced - why then is there a serious uptick with C19 as compared to the first wave, after all the prevention measures?

We have over 99% mask, distancing compliance in stores, airplanes and hospitals. We have a large % of the population working from home now (as opposed to May). Surely the second wave should have been LESSER than the first, not more, after all the changes and precautions - that was the whole point and what the fear-based mass media narrative pushed.
    Turns out Covid isn't like other viruses.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Given that other airborne pathogens (low Rnaught) are very much reduced - why then is there a serious uptick with C19 as compared to the first wave, after all the prevention measures?

We have over 99% mask, distancing compliance in stores, airplanes and hospitals. We have a large % of the population working from home now (as opposed to May). Surely the second wave should have been LESSER than the first, not more, after all the changes and precautions - that was the whole point and what the fear-based mass media narrative pushed.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...inds-1.5151324

You could be in contact with COVID19 4x more likely than flu virus. Masking reduces chances but doesn't eliminates it. And the fact is there are still plenty of places where masks are off... like food court or random benches where people are drinking or eating in a mall.

And we never closed borders, so we are really just passing this back and forth in the world's population.

In history, 2nd wave is NEVER lesser than the 1st. And 1st wave numbers when it comes to infection isn't reliable anyway because we didn't know what to test for or have proper volume.

Even today, BC is still testing 1/2 our rate.

Basically, we are deploying everything we know that works against the Flu (with proven result now in 2020) and it still fails to stop COVID19. It only slows it down (if that argument can even be made).
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-07-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    man you've missed the point.
    Not at all. You've missed the point. You are in such a minority position compared to the majority of people (constant exposure) that you obviously would take all precautions necessary.

You also are clearly freaked out by it, because you see it so much. Hence you think it is more of an issue than it is. It is your job to deal with it. I contract with a company right now with hundreds if not thousands of employees in Alberta. They are taking covid very seriously.

I do not know if they have had one case of covid. I do not know anyone who has had covid. I do not know anyone who knows someone whose covid has put them in the hospital.

But, to the cancer analogy, I know people diagnosed with cancer this year. And people that have died.

The numbers simply do not support your position. Going forward, we will come to the conclusion this will be on the level of cancer, car accidents, etc. Something that happens in daily.life.

Sorry you are so scared. I can only imagine how tough it is to be frontlines. But that doesn't change anything. You do have a choice to do the job. I respect that you still do it, but I don't accept that requires me to be locked in my house away from family and friends.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Common cold has an R value of 2-3

C19 has a R value (without social distancing/masks/isolation/etc) of 2-6

We are now 99% masked and socially distanced, working form home, sanitizing the fuck out of everything.

OBVIOUSLY it has worked as common colds and others have been significantly reduced.

What the fuck is going on?
    Last edited by revelations; 12-07-2020 at 12:02 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

We have over 99% mask, distancing compliance in stores, transit, airplanes and hospitals. We have a large % of the population working from home now (as opposed to May). Surely the second wave should have been LESSER than the first, not more, after all the changes and precautions - that was the whole point and what the fear-based mass media narrative pushed.
    Malls are still full, restaurants are still decently busy, kids were still in school, people throwing halloween parties and thanksgiving, churches are still holding large gatherings, etc. Versus in May when the city shutdown roads to create more space, people spent more time outdoors, restaurants were closed to dining, retail was closed, malls were a ghost town, kids were at home and not in school, funerals and church services were severely limited. Not to mention there aren't many large gathering holidays through the summer unlike Thanksgiving, Halloween, various religious holidays and soon to be Christmas.

What we have today is nowhere near what we had in May which is why cases aren't dropping.

As for why covid and not the flu. It's almost like, and I know this is a really fucking crazy thought, covid isn't the same as the flu.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 12-07-2020 at 12:00 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

We still don't know shit about COVID19 like we like to think we do.

Just read the Japanese study I posted. How long COVID survived on surfaces is the key reason we can't shake this.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Malls are still full, restaurants are still decently busy, kids were still in school, people throwing halloween parties and thanksgiving, churches are still holding large gatherings, etc. Versus in May when the city shutdown roads to create more space, people spent more time outdoors, restaurants were closed to dining, retail was closed, malls were a ghost town, kids were at home and not in school, funerals and church services were severely limited. Not to mention there aren't many large gathering holidays through the summer unlike Thanksgiving, Halloween, various religious holidays and soon to be Christmas.

What we have today is nowhere near what we had in May which is why cases aren't dropping.
    All of these venues are restricted in various ways and in no way 'open season' as you are implying. Masks and social distancing everywhere - not to mention the plastic barriers in place.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    What a beautiful example of goal post moving. People literally get cancer every day through no cause of their own. Just because you ascribe some weird higher cause that because people are the spreaders versus simply the environment or otherwise we need to lockdown, does not change the outcomes.

But by locking people down, we could reduce cancer rates substantially.

They are analogous if the concern is protecting people. As you have demonstrated, its not. Its about control. You have given zero reason as to why someone should fear covid more than cancer. You are more likely to die from cancer. You are more likely to suffer lifelong complications from cancer. It is a major drag on the economy, and people die a lot from not having cancer treatments.

All facts. Notice how I never said covid wasn't a problem. Never said it wasn't dangerous. But this is an overreaction of people who live in fear of that which they can not control. You can do whatever futile gestures you like, go ahead. Doesn't change the ground situation.
    I'm quoting this for posterity. This is some epic level of stupid

You show some pretty hilarious lack of awareness as to the causes of cancer. Keep drinking the conspiracy theory coolaid though. Don't let science or facts get in the way of believing what is personally convenient for you!

My Ride
    ute

Common cold has an R value of 2-3

C19 has a R value (without social distancing/masks/isolation/etc) of 2-6

We are now 99% masked and socially distanced, working form home, sanitizing the fuck out of everything.

OBVIOUSLY it has worked as common colds and others have been significantly reduced.

covid. is. not. like. other. viruses.

My Ride
    Bicycle

All of these venues are restricted in various ways and in no way 'open season' as you are implying. Masks and social distancing everywhere - not to mention the plastic barriers in place.
    Let me put it this way. The policy is only 90%* effective, and observed only at 50% places and scenarios where you could get COVID.

You ain't masking when you are having dinner with people outside of your cohort.

You ain't distancing when you are meeting family for thanksgiving or those multiday Indian weddings at homes.

The 6 foot distancing rule is dated back to WWII and mostly for outdoor and could be outdated. Indoor, ventilation and time exposure play a bigger factor but it's difficult to express that in a easy to digest way to the public, especially when it's not even settled between scientists.

There are already studies coming that COVID doesn't obey 6 foot rule. And whoever got the balls to accept aerosol spread as transmission pathway, that will just end all indoor public places as we know it.

Like I said, many times, we already know what works. We tried if for 2 months, the rest is just attempts to not go back to full lockdowns.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-07-2020 at 12:47 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    covid. is. not. like. other. viruses.
    c19. is. an. airborne. pathogen. with. an. unsanctioned. R. value. higher. than. common. colds.

what. part. of. this. is. hard. to. comprehend?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

When do we find out if Christmas is cancelled? Or when is the date of the next round of modified rules based on the last major announcement?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Let me put it this way. The policy is only 90%* effective, and observed only at 50% places and scenarios where you could get COVID.

You ain't masking when you are having dinner with people outside of your cohort.

You ain't distancing when you are meeting family for thanksgiving or those multiday Indian weddings at homes.

The 6 foot distancing rule is dated back to WWII and mostly for outdoor and could be outdated. Indoor, ventilation and time exposure play a bigger factor but it's difficult to express that in a easy to digest way to the public, especially when it's not even settled between scientists.

There are already studies coming that COVID doesn't obey 6 foot rule.

Like I said, many times, we already know what works. We tried if for 2 months, the rest is just attempts to not go back to full lockdowns.
    Again, all of the measures HAVE BEEN VERY EFFECTIVE in MUCH reducing other forms of airborne pathogens.

C19 R value is not 1000, it is 2-6, vs 2-3 for colds.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So you're telling me with a straight face that people in stores actually adhere to 6 feet spacing? That in restaurants you don't walk by tables with people not wearing masks as you are being seated or leaving? That the malls that are packed actually have proper distancing? That kids aren't hanging out between classes at schools?

If the rules were actually being followed and enforced we'd see a decline but to be here shouting that society is following all the restrictions is a joke. I'd be you a 100$ you can't do a superstore grocery run after work without people cutting by your cart going to grab something.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    When do we find out if Christmas is cancelled? Or when is the date of the next round of modified rules based on the last major announcement?
    Restrictions were in effect Nov 24th and says at least 3 weeks. So I'd guess Dec 15th ish would be an update.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 12-07-2020 at 12:51 PM.

My Ride
    something green

I just tested positive, I can say most places I work have been pretty hardcore on the masks, hand washing and sanitizing. I've been doing the handwash with soap every time I get back in the truck..
    I have no idea where I picked it, I just visit too many places in a day to nail it down.
    So far all I've had to date is a stuffy nose and mildly warm temperature for an hour on Sunday, and a cough that started this morning.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    So you're telling me with a straight face that people in stores actually adhere to 6 feet spacing? That in restaurants you don't walk by tables with people not wearing masks as you are being seated or leaving? That the malls that are packed actually have proper distancing? That kids aren't hanging out between classes at schools?

If the rules were actually being followed and enforced we'd see a decline but to be here shouting that society is following all the restrictions is a joke. I'd be you a 100$ you can't do a superstore grocery run after work without people cutting by your cart going to grab something.
    Again, all of the measures in place have DRASTICALLY reduced other forms of airborne pathogens. It IS DEFINITELY working.

C19 does not have an R1000 value, its is (unsanctioned) 2-6, where as common colds have 2-3.

What the fuck is going on and why are we not being told about the other vector that C19 is obviously spreading through?

One other possibility (among, no doubt many) is that the testing is insanely false positive. No doubt testing done in early 2020 is not the same as now - yet we are comparing apples and apples.
    Last edited by revelations; 12-07-2020 at 12:56 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Again, all of the measures HAVE BEEN VERY EFFECTIVE in MUCH reducing other forms of airborne pathogens.

C19 R value is not 1000, it is 2-6, vs 2-3 for colds.
    https://www.the-scientist.com/featur...9-spread-67690

TLDR, R value is highly variable based on what you are doing and how you gather data.

Basically if you read more into it, the gist of it is WE DON'T KNOW SHIT about COVID-19 using our conventional knowledge gathered so far.

And regardless what comes about gathering rules about Christmas, it's going to be violated hard. So we ain't done yet. I expect peak infection and deaths should come around late Jan/early Feb.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-07-2020 at 12:59 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    https://www.the-scientist.com/featur...9-spread-67690

TLDR, R value is highly variable based on what you are doing and how you gather data.

Basically if you read more into it, the gist of it is WE DON'T KNOW SHIT about COVID-19.
    You are correct, we are being fed horseshit by the mass media. c19 was discovered being around, back in Sept 2019 in Italy. The timeline narrative is bs for starters.

Page 581 of 985 FirstFirst ... 571 580 581 582 591 ... LastLast