Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 598 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 598 of 985 FirstFirst ... 588 597 598 599 608 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,960 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

All that effort when the obvious choice would be to just not send your kid to one of the facilities you have been so eager and vocal to shut down.

Everyone always has a justification as to why what they are doing “doesn’t count” aka being special.

Maybe this recent event will knock some sense of personal responsibility into you.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Two things people are having an impossible time wrapping their head around:

- exponential growth. It's a bitch. The brain doesn't work it very well.

- This thing is not being spread by a small number of high risk activities. It is being spread by a large number (ie critical mass) of low-risk activities.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I feel like they should tell you atleast if it was the teacher or a kid - i dont need to know their names I just want to know how when the period ends.
    Can I ask what does it really matter which person it came from? All that matters is they were exposed, no?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Can I ask what does it really matter which person it came from? All that matters is they were exposed, no?
    He needs someone to blame, other than himself. That would be inconvenient.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    All that effort when the obvious choice would be to just not send your kid to one of the facilities you have been so eager and vocal to shut down.

Everyone always has a justification as to why what they are doing “doesn’t count” aka being special.

Maybe this recent event will knock some sense of personal responsibility into you.
    I am fine with the rules being applied to me I just want the rules to be crystal clear. Don't make them vague. If an institution is doing their own contact tracing then provide all the info, dont give us vague no answer bullshit because it gives people doubt as to how long they do have to stay at home for. Of course I wanted more restricitons because I dont want the hospitals to be completely fucked but at the same time if they are going to give people restrictions then enforce it because it seems like 50% dont give a fuck about anything at all dont follow any rules at all and know they wont be bothered by authorities, then the rest of us are following all the rules, sure we can have restrictions but we are also masking up, using copious amounts of hand sanitizer and distancing - swimming was one of the only activities we didnt have to do at home because everyone was wearing ppe in the pool etc. 100% they need to isolate I just want to know for how long.

It extremely bugs me that I dont have all the specifics of this case. I know killramos and others are judging me for that.

Talked to their Area Manager - it was the swim teacher. More likely that the kids might be infected.

Seems like a bit of a failing on the swim school though, they knew that the teacher had symptoms and was testing on monday yet they didnt tell us then and instead just got a sub teacher for the wednesday class and told us to go to swimming anyway
    Last edited by nzwasp; 12-10-2020 at 05:26 PM.

My Ride
    ute

I sure wish the virus followed the govt rules and restrictions.

Turns out it is a virus, though, which are known for ignoring arbitrary human constructs like "rules" and just doing their own thing. Inconsiderate little bastards.

My Ride
    V8s

private swim lessons. And everyones ppe'd up to the hilt, it might be the most rediculous thing ive seen people having to wear while swimming.
    The level of PPE is more or less irrelevant. Why would you send your kid to a place where the intent is for close contact with a person who has had that same level of contact with a few dozen other people over the course of a few days?

Talked to their Area Manager - it was the swim teacher.
    I bet you speak to the manager a lot.

This is what....3 or 4 times you've posted about your family being compromised and you have been one of the biggest "Helen Lovejoys'" about this whole pandemic? And yet you still continue to pass it off as you are never in the wrong. I'd hate to be your neighbour.......

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I am fine with the rules being applied to me I just want the rules to be crystal clear. Don't make them vague. If an institution is doing their own contact tracing then provide all the info, dont give us vague no answer bullshit because it gives people doubt as to how long they do have to stay at home for. Of course I wanted more restricitons because I dont want the hospitals to be completely fucked but at the same time if they are going to give people restrictions then enforce it because it seems like 50% dont give a fuck about anything at all dont follow any rules at all and know they wont be bothered by authorities, then the rest of us are following all the rules, sure we can have restrictions but we are also masking up, using copious amounts of hand sanitizer and distancing - swimming was one of the only activities we didnt have to do at home because everyone was wearing ppe in the pool etc. 100% they need to isolate I just want to know for how long.

It extremely bugs me that I dont have all the specifics of this case. I know killramos and others are judging me for that.

Talked to their Area Manager - it was the swim teacher. More likely that the kids might be infected.

Seems like a bit of a failing on the swim school though, they knew that the teacher had symptoms and was testing on monday yet they didnt tell us then and instead just got a sub teacher for the wednesday class and told us to go to swimming anyway
    You want specifics? And specific on what you need to do.

You engaged in a risky activity, worse you put your kid in a risky activity but that’s an aside, got exposed. Now you need to hide in your hole for 14 days. Specific.

People like you are the fucking problem. If I was you I’d quarantine for a lot longer than 14 days, wouldn’t want anyone to catch stupid.

fact.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    The level of PPE is more or less irrelevant. Why would you send your kid to a place where the intent is for close contact with a person who has had that same level of contact with a few dozen other people over the course of a few days?
    I mean in that same vain why would anyone send their kids to school or daycare if those other kids also associate with many other cohorts outside of school. Everyone is at risk of getting infected - but unless you just want to stay inside your house for 18 months then you have to take those risks. We mitigate those risks by wearing all the things etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    I bet you speak to the manager a lot.

This is what....3 or 4 times you've posted about your family being compromised and you have been one of the biggest "Helen Lovejoys'" about this whole pandemic? And yet you still continue to pass it off as you are never in the wrong. I'd hate to be your neighbour.......
    I actually hate talking to managers, but my wife hates it even more and also is more of an asshole to customer service / managers so I do it. Dont get any info if you just accept what you get told as gospel. I dont think we have been compromised until this time, my wife and kids have both had tests before but all times were because they had symptoms.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 12-10-2020 at 05:49 PM.

My Ride
    ute

I mean in that same vain why would anyone send their kids to school or daycare if those other kids also associate with many other cohorts outside of school. Everyone is at risk of getting infected - but unless you just want to stay inside your house for 18 months then you have to take those risks. We mitigate those risks by wearing all the things etc.

You're the one complaining about being at home though bro. It just sounds like you don't want to bear the responsibility of your actions.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I dont think I was complaining about being at home. I have no problem being at home and playing video games for 2 weeks for the greater good. I was frustrated at the lack of info given when you are a close contact of a case and I did eventually get that info Im just not sure a) why it took so long and b) why the institution allowed us to continue doing shit out and about when they knew that the teacher was symptomatic on Sunday. I think im going to stop digging myself into a bigger judgement hole than i am already in my anxiety levels were already at an all time high from earlier in the day.

My Ride
    ute

I dont think I was complaining about being at home. I have no problem being at home and playing video games for 2 weeks for the greater good. I was frustrated at the lack of info given when you are a close contact of a case and I did eventually get that info Im just not sure a) why it took so long and b) why the institution allowed us to continue doing shit out and about when they knew that the teacher was symptomatic on Sunday. I think im going to stop digging myself into a bigger judgement hole than i am already in my anxiety levels were already at an all time high from earlier in the day.
    It's all good man. This is a shitty time for everyone and nobody is fully prepared on how to handle a pandemic. And we're all trying to do the best things for our kids without them turning into freaks.

My Ride
    Silverado

6.72% positive rate in Calgary today.

Active cases dropped in the province for a second day in a row.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 12-10-2020 at 06:08 PM.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I actually hate talking to managers, but my wife hates it even more and also is more of an asshole to customer service / managers so I do it. Dont get any info if you just accept what you get told as gospel. I dont think we have been compromised until this time, my wife and kids have both had tests before but all times were because they had symptoms.
    These posts are my favourite
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I've got literature in my car that will change your whole way of thinking.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    - This thing is not being spread by a small number of high risk activities. It is being spread by a large number (ie critical mass) of low-risk activities.
    Most useful and educational comment of this page.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post

Just waiting for the explosion of 'we didn't wait long enough for the previous measures' arguments to come out
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Just waiting for the explosion of 'we didn't wait long enough for the previous measures' arguments to come out
    I mean, if the previous measures are indeed kicking in as expected and it reduces the time the increased restrictions are needed, mission accomplished.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post

9.3%, isn’t it? 1566 pos/16793 tests=0.093. Unless positivity rate is something else.

Page 598 of 985 FirstFirst ... 588 597 598 599 608 ... LastLast