Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 34 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 34 of 146 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck all these Hollywood/athlete elites like SBC, The Rock, Lebron James, Taylor Swift, etc chiming in. Their opinion doesn’t matter because they are all in on it and are swamp creatures themselves. They also run their own pedo rings along with Wayfair and the pizza parlour. GEOTUS will get them very soon, just wait and see #saveourchildren

Q

My Ride
    '13 F150

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    It sounds like you just read headlines rather than taking the time to look at all the information and facts. For one, every intelligence agency in the USA has independently stated that Russia interfered with the 2016 election.
    Sen. Al Franken (D): The intelligence communities have concluded, all 17 of them, that Russia interfered with this election. And we all know how that’s right.

James Clapper (DNI): Senator, as I pointed out in my statement, Senator Franken, it was- there were only three agencies that directly involved in this assessment plus my office.

Franken: But all 17 signed on to that?

Clapper: Well, we didn’t go through that process. This was a special situation because of the time limits and […] the sensitivity of the information, we decided – it was a conscious judgment – to restrict it to those three. I’m not aware of anyone who dissented, or disagreed when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    e-e-e-cho chamber.
    Why not post your own data to counter it and support your points rather than call people out and then either thumb your nose at their replies or claim you were just joking when proven wrong?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Why not post your own data to counter it and support your points rather than call people out and then either thumb your nose at their replies or claim you were just joking when proven wrong?
    I am going to use some of my time to not answer your question, Susan.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 12:34 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Why not, you ask?

Because you cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.

That's the insidious bit about the TDS phenomenon - it abandons good arguments in favor of any arguments. It's basically an uncurated viewpoint. I have as many or more complaints about Trump as anyone here - it's just my complaints are better.

I have the best complains about Trump, but they go to another school so you wouldn't know them.

My Ride

Come on guys. There are very fine people on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Why not, you ask?

Because you cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.

That's the insidious bit about the TDS phenomenon - it abandons good arguments in favor of any arguments. It's basically an uncurated viewpoint. I have as many or more complaints about Trump as anyone here - it's just my complaints are better.
    I think most people here would happily consider an alternative viewpoint if presented with actual facts supporting it. I know I certainly would, it's all just for fun anyway and we're unfortunately coming up on what could very well be our last month of entertainment. The problem will be finding those facts from reliable sources, but I would be very open to seeing them if they exist.

TDS is just a term to use when someone needs a cop-out because they have no rebuttal. It's far easier to call people names and keep one's head in the sand than present thoughtful counter-arguments based on facts, which ironically is Trump's MO. It's easy to say everyone who supports Trump has BDS and everyone who doesn't has TDS, but all it really does is show people you have nothing to back up your points with.

My Ride
    ute

I think most people here would happily consider an alternative viewpoint if presented with actual facts supporting it. I know I certainly would, it's all just for fun anyway and we're unfortunately coming up on what could very well be our last month of entertainment. The problem will be finding those facts from reliable sources, but I would be very open to seeing them if they exist.

TDS is just a term to use when someone needs a cop-out because they have no rebuttal. It's far easier to call people names and keep one's head in the sand than present thoughtful counter-arguments based on facts, which ironically is Trump's MO. It's easy to say everyone who supports Trump has BDS and everyone who doesn't has TDS, but all it really does is show people you have nothing to back up your points with.
    Not all people who don't like Trump are TDSers (I would count myself in this group, when you tally everything up).

Most people here would assuredly not change their viewpoint, despite the facts presented to them. TDS is a funny term, but it doesn't describe someone's view of the "facts". It is more a description of how (not) proficient they are at reasoning past their confirmation biases. I would equate it more to, say, a flat-earther, or maybe a religious person. Have you ever tried to discuss facts with a flat-earther and convince them? Anti-vaxxer? Devout Christian?

They don't realize they sound funny, but oh they do.

If you consider the current media environment, the current social media environment, the current trend towards pride in partisanship (rather than pride in independent thought) being machinesw with peoples' opinions as an output, then a TDSer is just the product of that machine.

I picture TDSers sitting in a screening of starwars thinking: "you know, maybe those aren't the droids they're looking for. huh."

My Ride

When Trump talks about Biden coming for the suburbs, he is talking about Canada right?

My Ride

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-b884233.html

Yeah they’re going to get it,” he said about the treatments, adding: “I’m back because I am perfect physical specimen and I'm extremely young, and so I am lucky in that way
    When asked if he was contagious, Mr Trump said: “When you catch it, you get better and then you're immune.”
    Unrelated.

Mike Pence Destroyed Kamala Harris in the Debate. Kamala refused to answer questions directly, and chose to lie again and again.

My Ride

I am so triggered that you did not acknowledge the fly. Fuck you.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Counterpoint to the idea that a Trump win would be positive for Canada. Biden would slow down USA oil production, which should me higher prices for Canadian oil.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/12/gold...ces.html#close
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I said the same thing about Hillary. Trump was not a good outcome for Canada

The counter argument is any restrictions Biden puts on, Trudeau would put on us x5 just to out virtue signal the states.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Here comes the fascism.
    I always got a laugh about this delusional idea of democrats. Basically if you ever plan to run for office, you are immune to the rule of law in their eyes, because it's fascist or unfair to force a potential opponent to answer for their crimes.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Holy fuck trumps latest tweet. GOAT

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Holy fuck trumps latest tweet. GOAT
    Let me guess - my dick is bigger than bidens dick? LOL

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Name:  trump.jpg